EBay is failing us. they've broken their seller protection promise now multiple times to us

I normally don't post in here infact this is the first time but this is so incredible it can't be ignored.  Here in Ontario Canada we have a rapidly growing courier service named Stallion Express.  They have a website where you can fully track shipments sent and are not just a small outfit they're rather large and I know for certain many eBay users ship with them.

The newest service they offer is done by them and handed to a courier names GSX for final mile delivery.  Normally when you enter tracking into an item not received case within 24 hours eBay's AI software will read the tracking and verify it against the actual tracking at which point it will enter a line stating the item has been delivered .  Then when the customer takes eBay's prompt to escalate and ask for a decision the same AI software doing a humans job saving eBay millions each year recognizes that that seller provided tracking showing delivery and closes the case without penalty to the seller or refund to the buyer.

This however is not the case with stallion express tracking with their own service , the AI does not recognize the tracking and does not verify it as delivered.  When customer escalates it sides with the buyer and refunds them your money while penalizing you in your seller metric which will eventually lead to a top rated seller ( which we are ) losing their top rated seller status as a nice added bonus for eBay's utter disregard for the most basic of tasks (protecting their sellers) as is their promise in seller protection.  YOU'VE BROKEN YOUR PROMISE EBAY !

The first time this happened to me was in mid December and I spoke with customer service . They assured me that they would remove this from my record and escalate to a backchannel team who would possibly refund me and correct the issue.  This was almost 10 weeks ago now and literally none of this happened.

A second time this now happened and on the agent from the first times advice I contacted eBay and explained this and asked someone to verify everything.  It was a supervisor I spoke with this time named Anna and she assured and I asked multiple times for clarity that she had now done something in her backround tool that would prevent this from happening since she personaly verified it's delivery and that she has also escalated the issue to an offline team to fix. She even tried to tell me that a person reviews the case and not a computer program which I know 100% to not be a lie.  UI should have know that wasn't the only lie I was being told.

Well I think you know what happens next.  12:03 this morning customers escalates asking eBay to step in.  eBay AI can't verify the tracking because eBay programmers have not properly programmed it to do so ( A very easy fix according to my programmer friend ) and yet again for a second time my money was given to the customer defrauding me of what is rightfully mine that eBay swore to not let happened.

A third customer has opened a case with the same tracking and I'm certain we're getting the same result.  How do I get to a senior person at eBay ? Surely they can't be okay with what's clearly assisting customers in defrauding sellers because that's what is happening here. i've tried and had nothiong but lies and broken promises given to me on regular agents and supervisors alike.  I'm not sure what to do next and if this is how eBay is going to roll we might have to start looking another direction.  

We can't have our partner assisting our customers in defrauding us for hundreds of dollars a month 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: EBay is failing us. they've broken their seller protection promise now multiple times to us

If I had to guess I would say both.

It's funny I was trying to justify it early as a 0.67% additional eBay fee . I guess it's frequency does fall inside of a somewhat normal range but I'm too stubborn to leave it at that and not to mention the impact to our top rated seller rating will likely trickle down to less algorythm traffic and less sales.  This has to be something that can be reconciled , it doesn't seem like a complicated fix on the surface . Just complicated to find the person who's going to fix it.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Re: EBay is failing us. they've broken their seller protection promise now multiple times to us

I see your screenshot in the original post now. It's too blurry to see much, but does that say it took between January 24th and February 3rd to go from Mississauga to Quebec?  I'm kind of wondering if the last mile carrier is fudging the delivery dates so they don't get their contract cancelled, or maybe they're marking it as delivered when it enters one of their facilities rather than when it reaches the door. Efficiency doesn't appear to be their strong suit. It would explain why you're getting cases opened. The customer sees that the item reads as delivered when in reality it hasn't been yet.  The USPS is well known to do this from time to time, so it really can happen.

It still doesn't explain eBay not backing you though.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Stallion added the GSM service last December, I started using it immediately. The service has been good to excellant depending on the destination and the pricing is great to all major population centres (not so good on both counts for anything "remote/rural").

Not much usually happens for the first 48 hours between drop off at Stallion and handover to GSM but after that the service is good, tracking and notifications are good and final delivery is confirmed with a picture of the delivery location.

Rate comparison for a recent shipment:

Weight 820gm

Destination just outside Montreal

Canada Post Expedited $18.98

GSM via Stallion $8.79

Delivery times are definitely slower than Canada Post direct, by how much varies depending on the final delivery location and what day of the week they are dropped at Stallion. The savings also vary depending on the delivery location, from 50% cheaper to major centres to almost nothing for rural/remote (in which case I might just switch to CP Expedited for faster delivery).

So far I'm very happy, definitely better service than the company they were previously using as an alternate to Canada Post.

I might as well add my referral link for Stallion in case anyone wants to check them out:

https://ship.stallionexpress.ca/register/i1oZkN

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Good point on the photo, I almost forgot.  it's hard to dispute a photo of the item on the sellers front porch

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

In the last few months the shipping service as gone from acceptable to "what package?". Every time my package takes a tour of the USA sent from Colorada stopping in 3 or 4 locations before being delivered to Toronto where it sits for 8-10 days before being moved to Vancouver where I reside.  I tell all my sellers to NOT use eBays Global Shipping and take it directly to a USPS outlet and ship it that way.  When they do I receive it in prompt time of maybe 10 days at most.  Bought something and paid the same day Feb 14 it took a tour of the USA stopping at 3 different cities before it made it to Canada where it has remained for the last 8 days on the shelf.  I live in Vancouver BC so that is NO help to me March 8 so that is 21 days so far and still NOTHING.  Their shipping "improvement" is a big FAIL.  When my last package was delivered, I finally got the message 2 hrs later stating "We left your package in the lobby of your apartment building" from "Last Mile" shipping

Message 25 of 25
latest reply