Expedited Lite for Canadian Sellers using eBay Labels

This just showed up hot off the presses.

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&ems...

Only available on eBay Labels: Ship small. Save big.

Package specifications

Ship with an envelope or a small parcel that meets the following criteria:

• Weighs no more than 200 grams

• No one dimension exceeds 41 cm (16.1”)

• Maximum volume (L x W x H) of up to 3,220 cubic centimeters

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1683133474900.png

YAYYYYYY!!!!!

-Lotz

Message 1 of 181
latest reply
180 REPLIES 180

Re: Expedited Lite for Canadian Sellers using eBay Labels

@msau4301 wrote:

I keep checking back here to see any updates from anyone. Good luck! Hope to see good news from many.

I don't think any other shipping discounts would qualify as this seems to be an exclusive eBay an CP deal I think it would be the Lite label and that's it. I sold one light item but it was going to US so different promo but I took advantage of the Level 4 deal with the labels on that one.

@msau4301 

@regs43 

@flipistics 

@electronicifycanada 

@dinomitesales 

Just printed my first eBay Labels label. Expedited Lite. It was an interesting experience.

• There is no receipt at the time with split of charges. That would include taxes and fuel surcharge and measurements
  • I entered actual weight and measurements and rounded up to be on safe side. 
  • 21 x 15 x 3 cm 85 grams. Label printed shows measurements as  5 x 5 x5 cm 85 grams
  • Label the system generates includes 16 digit with  Expedited Parcel  SERVICE TYPE 2
  • It does NOT state Expedited light on the label.
  • Receipt section of ebay (labels section) shows it as Expedited Lite estimated cost of 7.27....Canada Post Expedited Lite for CollectiblesC $7.27
  • with no mention of actual label measurement details
  • Last part of the equation is waiting for the charge to be removed and from where.
  • All I can think of at the moment. If there are any concerns I may have missed please feel free to fire them my way and will attempt to answer?
  • As a side note I would definitely consider saving a copy to your docs folder as you generate these.

-Lotz

Message 61 of 181
latest reply

How did you let buyer know what shipping service you were sending and how much to charge if there is no drop down menu for expedited lite?
Message 62 of 181
latest reply

Way to go trying it out for the team! Thanks for letting us know! You say "interesting experience" that doesn't sound too bad! There could be worse adjectives than interesting.

• There is no receipt at the time with split of charges. That would include taxes and fuel surcharge and measurements

I don't think eBay labels ever gives receipt with breakdown of charges. Only the total showing in labels section as you say. Did they send confirmation email "Your label is ready",  it usually has the total there too.

• Last part of the equation is waiting for the charge to be removed and from where.

I would think it still comes from pending payments, like regular labels done with eBay labels. I did one up 3 days ago and it came out today (from my pending funds). Not sure if it's relevant or not but also was delivered today (I think it's a coincidence, I don't think they wait for delivery). I would think these Lite labels should be the same as regular labels. Before the discount (Level 4 promotion) I hadn't used eBay labels for a while but seems to be the same as I remember, taking a few days or more to actually be billed which can work out depending on payout schedule. 

Keep us updated lotz. Your thread here has lots of activity, means there are lots of enquiring minds!

Message 63 of 181
latest reply

@msau4301 

In theory it was a good test run experiment. The short comings are ..... No comment. Just tried to point out what I have seen for my 4 years of using Shippo. In theory eBay Labels should mirror CP labels/Shippo labels fairly close. The Shippo version in some ways is almost better than the CP version...for the customs part. 

The 2 biggest concerns are the service level conflict and the weight discrepancy that displayed on the label. Will follow up tomorrow after dropping off with SD and see what info they see when it is scanned into the system. It is going less than 1 hour away so should be delivered on Monday.

-Lotz

Message 64 of 181
latest reply

@rob902189 wrote:
How did you let buyer know what shipping service you were sending and how much to charge if there is no drop down menu for expedited lite?

@rob902189 

I messaged them after they saw the invoice and were not impressed. Then confirmed voice after they paid. Advised there would be some sort of a refund if billing went smoothly. They were good with that. Why it is important that buyers are able to see when the Expedited lite is a valid option and what the associated rate will be before they pay. Not after.

-Lotz

Message 65 of 181
latest reply

There is no receipt at the time with split of charges. That would include taxes and fuel surcharge and measurements

This is a reason I have NOT used ebay labels, as the tax seperate is an ITC for tax time, and thats a pain in the A!

• Receipt section of ebay (labels section) shows it as Expedited Lite estimated cost of 7.27....Canada Post Expedited Lite for CollectiblesC $7.27

I never like the sounds of estimated, gives me Fedex type vibes lol!

Message 66 of 181
latest reply

• 21 x 15 x 3 cm 85 grams. Label printed shows measurements as  5 x 5 x5 cm 85 grams

That's peculiar and a little nervewracking.

I hope this is an early glitch.

• Label the system generates includes 16 digit with  Expedited Parcel  SERVICE TYPE 2

Not really something that worries me.  Light/Lite/SERVICE TYPE 2 would seem to be the same thing. Like Letter Rate/LetterPost /Letter Mail. (And yes, I know one of those is domestic and one is international. ) The label name would allow Canada Post to offer almost the same service to etsy sellers while not allowing non-participants to see details.

Message 67 of 181
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Not really something that worries me.  Light/Lite/SERVICE TYPE 2 would seem to be the same thing. Like Letter Rate/LetterPost /Letter Mail. (And yes, I know one of those is domestic and one is international. ) The label name would allow Canada Post to offer almost the same service to etsy sellers while not allowing non-participants to see details.

@reallynicestamps 

To my mind the reasoning to having  service type label with expedited and another with expedited lite would be the specific rates attached to each service. Combining might make it a be messy for CP's accounting department. 😆

-Lotz

Message 68 of 181
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

I keep checking back here to see any updates from anyone. Good luck! Hope to see good news from many.

I don't think any other shipping discounts would qualify as this seems to be an exclusive eBay an CP deal I think it would be the Lite label and that's it. I sold one light item but it was going to US so different promo but I took advantage of the Level 4 deal with the labels on that one.

@msau4301 

@regs43 

@flipistics 

@electronicifycanada 

@dinomitesales 

Just printed my first eBay Labels label. Expedited Lite. It was an interesting experience.

• I entered actual weight and measurements and rounded up to be on safe side. 
  • with no mention of actual label measurement details
  • All I can think of at the moment. If there are any concerns I may have missed please feel free to fire them my way and will attempt to answer?
  • As a side note I would definitely consider saving a copy to your docs folder as you generate these.

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Hello Devon,

You may want to have the shipping team look into the above observations with the new Expedited Lite service? Any info that is inputted should match when the label is printed accordingly.

Thanks

Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 69 of 181
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Way to go trying it out for the team! Thanks for letting us know! You say "interesting experience" that doesn't sound too bad! There could be worse adjectives than interesting.

I don't think eBay labels ever gives receipt with breakdown of charges. Only the total showing in labels section as you say. Did they send confirmation email "Your label is ready",  it usually has the total there too.

I would think it still comes from pending payments, like regular labels done with eBay labels. I did one up 3 days ago and it came out today (from my pending funds). Not sure if it's relevant or not but also was delivered today (I think it's a coincidence, I don't think they wait for delivery). I would think these Lite labels should be the same as regular labels. Before the discount (Level 4 promotion) I hadn't used eBay labels for a while but seems to be the same as I remember, taking a few days or more to actually be billed which can work out depending on payout schedule. 

Keep us updated lotz. Your thread here has lots of activity, means there are lots of enquiring minds!

@msau4301 

@dinomitesales 

Parcel dropped off at SD and scanned. No additional confirming info regarding service level on receipt other than tracking number and postal code. We shall see.

Confirmed CP tracking site vs eBay and it defines the package as Expedited Parcel Service.

-Lotz

Message 70 of 181
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@reallynicestamps 

Would that be like offering a friend a lite beer vs a regular beer? That sounds dangerous to me. I wouldn't risk it!!! 😶 Cheers!!!🍻

-Lotz

Message 71 of 181
latest reply

Sounds good so far! If it's in the system with tracking and expedited service at a lower "lite" price of $7.27 it's doing what it's supposed to. Thanks for updating, and do advise when you see the bill if there were any surprises/anything additional (fuel charge, tax) or just the price you saw when purchasing.

Just try not to keep checking the tracking lol! (I'm awful for that myself!)

Message 72 of 181
latest reply

IMPORTANT... The fee break down when printing these labels is needed showing the tax amount paid for book keeping purposes. 

Message 73 of 181
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

IMPORTANT... The fee break down when printing these labels is needed showing the tax amount paid for book keeping purposes. 

I'd really like clarification on this as well. I suspect we probably aren't being charged tax on it. eBay is probably paying for it and claiming it themselves, which would make sense because it would prevent sellers without a tax number from being double taxed.

Message 74 of 181
latest reply

I'm pretty sure tax is being charge to us the seller, the base rates for this service is like $5.00 for arguments sake + fuel which is about 23% current in Canada so thats about 1.15 more and then tax which is 5% (+31cents) for most places, 13% (+80cents) for ontario and 15% (0.92) for altaltic customer destination so

Then you have to take into account the 5.00 base rate is for your zone so Ottawa to Totonto + fuel 23% + 13% HST is giving about the rates people are seeing and paying $7.30-8.35

So YES we need a breakdown, becasue I need to extract the tax so I can get it back when i file GST/HST since I paid it and not ebay

Message 75 of 181
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I'm pretty sure tax is being charge to us the seller, the base rates for this service is like $5.00 for arguments sake + fuel which is about 23% current in Canada so thats about 1.15 more and then tax which is 5% (+31cents) for most places, 13% (+80cents) for ontario and 15% (0.92) for altaltic customer destination so

Then you have to take into account the 5.00 base rate is for your zone so Ottawa to Totonto + fuel 23% + 13% HST is giving about the rates people are seeing and paying $7.30-8.35

So YES we need a breakdown, becasue I need to extract the tax so I can get it back when i file GST/HST since I paid it and not ebay

You could be right. I haven't sent anything out that could use it yet (the only thing that would have been close yesterday was about 30g too heavy), so I can only go by the small amount of info posted by others so far.

If we are being charged the tax, it absolutely has to be included in the tax invoice. That would go for regular eBay labels as well.

Message 76 of 181
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

After a couple of month break I will be listing again soon.  This makes it enticing to use .ca for some small items.  

Message 77 of 181
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

@msau4301 

@dinomitesales 

Parcel dropped off at SD and scanned. No additional confirming info regarding service level on receipt other than tracking number and postal code. We shall see.

Confirmed CP tracking site vs eBay and it defines the package as Expedited Parcel Service.

-Lotz

@regs43 

@msau4301 

@flipistics 

Label noted originally was created on May 4th. Billed and removed from Available eBay Funds on the 6th.  $7.27. From the eBay Labels area of Sellers Hub it is noted as Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles. There is no way to view the charge split/receipt compared to CP or Shippo. Will advise once item is delivered sometime Monday if anything else automagically changes.😬

According to the Shippo screen they still have not been able to update their system to provide eBay sellers with a matching Level 4 discount. (For eBay sellers to have access to that there would need to be a unique CP account created that we could link to.) The rate for the same parcel with Shippo(Level 1) still stands at $20.49 so a major savings with Expedited Lite.

-Lotz

Message 78 of 181
latest reply

I printed my first label, it also shows 5x5x5 when I had put in 20x24x4 as my actual dimensions (note, putting in 20x24x10 would cost 10 cents more, I was playing around with it for fun)

Worried about how I will have a recipt for this transaction with full breakdown of Base rate, fuel surcharge amount and the TAX of 5%GST showing for my ITC purposes, so hopefully ebay fixes this issue soon! devon@ebay 

Message 79 of 181
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I printed my first label, it also shows 5x5x5 when I had put in 20x24x4 as my actual dimensions (note, putting in 20x24x10 would cost 10 cents more, I was playing around with it for fun)

Worried about how I will have a recipt for this transaction with full breakdown of Base rate, fuel surcharge amount and the TAX of 5%GST showing for my ITC purposes, so hopefully ebay fixes this issue soon! devon@ebay 

@regs43 

Not sure why this happens. Just that it does but on Shippo when you enter in the weight for customs...Example .800 grams for customs weight when the label prints the weight prints as .799  grams. I have seen this happen sporatically to the package weight. Not sure if it is service type or just a random glitch. In checking the recent processed shipments its sort of hit or miss if this has happened. When I first noticed it was all the time. The 5 x 5 x 5 with Expedited Lite seems to be a default measurement it inserts automagically. Clarification regarding cubing for this service would be nice.

-Lotz

Message 80 of 181
latest reply