'False positive' feedback: leave as is or reply to it?

So... this happened. I have a feeling I already know what to do about it (nothing) but wanted to solicit some opinions.

Do I: Ignore or follow-up with a reply?

Usually, I would accept this as constructive criticism since many things I sell might be considered 'a bit on the pricey side for what they are' but in this case, it was a Best Offer counter of $15 on a $10-original offer for a literal one-of-a-kind error card priced at almost $34 which is a legitimate price for a one-of-a-kind error card. I let it go for almost 60 per cent discount to be generous. So the accusation it was pricey rankles in this particular case. 

If I were to entertain the thought of posting a reply, I think it would only draw attention to it, and also serve to make it appear that I am particularly thin-skinned. 

Opinions?

The user was a bit persnickety in other Feedback Left For Others but nothing that shouted red-flag to me. I'd like to hear from some other users about what they would do when faced with something like this. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.29.22 PM.png

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Here's another. I must be thin-skinned because this too rankles.

The buyer paid $51 in postage while the actual cost of postage via Tracked Packet was $59 CAD. The buyer shipped to Australia.

Pursue? Follow-up or walk away from the transaction with what remains of my dignity? Note there's no mention of the free diecast car the buyer also received with their order and didn't pay to get. My DSRs have shrunk as well. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 4.42.57 PM.png

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

If you really have to say something, make sure it is in 3rd person...

Shipping costs reflect secure packaging & tracked shipment to Australia.

(it might be too long I don't have time to check)

I say if you really have to say something because one never knows if the buyer will notice and add their extra comment which might be worse....

When I get these (I put my mouthguard in 😉 ) and grind my teeth and do nothing.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

My advice would be the same as with the first one: leave it. As I said before, when a buyer says the price of the item or shipping is "a little expensive" or "a bit high" I think it reflects a lot more on the buyer than it does on you. On top of that, they already got a bit of a discount with the best offer lowering the initial price.

If they can't recognize the extra value and service they are receiving for what they are paying, that's their problem not yours.
Message 23 of 23
latest reply