Guess it's time to shut ebay down for the next 4 months.

Well it looks like to get any financial aid from the government relief programs starting soon a person has to have NO income from any source for 14 days in a row.  Was laid off from my job 12 days ago, but because I made a few dollars on ebay since then I can't apply next week.  What a freaking mess all this is.  It's ridiculous that a part time ebay seller can't even make a few bucks.  Guess I'll take my 400 plus listings down soon.  Bye bye ebay!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

And when I tried calling my MP for info I got "We're sorry all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later? Just the kind of non - service I'm coming to expect from "Public Servants".
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:
And when I tried calling my MP for info I got "We're sorry all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later?

"all circuits are busy" is usually the phone system provider saying capacity to complete your phone call has been exceeded. 

Try the emailing the MP or go to the MP's website.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search

-..-

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My MP posted a spreadsheet prepared by a Carleton University professor about the programs and money available, which was published in the Ottawa Citizen.

I posted a link in the Weekly Chat.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes I downloaded it Femme. Thanks for posting I apprciate it. I have been in contact with local community resources staff today and they believe it is 14 days with no income from any source. I will be taking my listing down and will have to wait 2 weeks to apply.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I got the same message on the numbers I called at revenue Canada. Good luck getting through to govt. with hundreds of thousands of folks calling.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I've now pulled all my listings off ebay.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

The Gov has put out a new information page re CERB. Not sure if its any more help:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html?fbclid=IwAR1h...

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for posting the link, definitely has more detail. Think I made the right choice.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

didn't see your post until now but thought this might help. "When submitting subsequent claims, you cannot have earned more than $1,000 in employment and/or self-employment income for the entire four-week benefit period of your new claim." 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

One year anniversary...

Thread is a year old today.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply