How can you tell if a "Best Offer" came from a Promoted Listing?

I've been burned a couple of times accepting a best offer that I didn't know came from a promoted listing, because it doesn't say so in the offer details. Is there a way to find this out before accepting an offer? I like to know all of my expenses associated with an offer before accepting it.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Go to the original listing.

Hit Revise Listing.

Scroll down to see if you used PL and at what rate.

Make no revisions.

It's a workaround, and I agree that PL status should be part of the Best Offer information.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Go to the original listing.

Hit Revise Listing.

Scroll down to see if you used PL and at what rate.

Make no revisions.

It's a workaround, and I agree that PL status should be part of the Best Offer information.

That doesn't give you the answer, just because an listing is promoted doesn't mean the person making the offer clicked on any PL for that seller.

I thought I had heard that on .com they very recently added a notation if the offer is going to be under PL terms. This would only apply to offers BY a buyer, not seller initiated offers.

I did a search on the US boards about this and found a couple of references (from reliable posters) but not an official announcement.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can't show and i removed the feature literally yesterday.

But it's written on the page where you accept the offer. If you see nothing it's either because it's not from promoted, or you're missing it. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply