How to file a formal notice to complaint department

Hi,

I'm a ebay buyer since more than 15 years without issue.  1 month ago I listed my 1st item and sold one.  Since then I'm unable to get my payout done to my banking account.  I tried 2 times and 2 more with support. I even sent my banking statement twice and everytime, it takes 1 week before I receive a mail from ebay telling me that the payout didn't work. 

Last time, the agent I talked to was supposed to call me back within 24-48 hours and he never did.

Now I'm done with this unefficient process. I will go the legal way starting with my lawyer signed formal notice.  Do someone knows where to send it ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member
What sort of legal challenge on what grounds do you intend to pursue?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As an eBay buyer, your tenure here means nothing for credibility as a seller. Your credentials as a seller are lacking as you have no experience as a seller and therefore eBay needs to be sure all is good before they release your funds. Your sale occurred on December 22nd and therefore is still within eBay's timeframe for with holding funds for "new" sellers.  Sorry, but new sellers need to learn this thing called P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E,  if they want to be successful online sellers.

Perhaps a read of the user agreement would have been beneficial BEFORE taking that quick step into "selling" on eBay; specifically this section:

https://pages.ebay.ca/payment/2.0/terms.html

....and no I don't know where one would send a "lawyer signed formal notice" since as an experienced seller, I would not waste my time, nor money on lawyer fees for funds being with held by eBay for an $80. item....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are an eBay member...

You are an eBay Buyer...

But, YOU are NOT an eBay Seller, until you set up your Selling account and read the policy BEFORE you begin to SELL...

What bank are you trying to connect to eBay?

You know there are holds on all payments from sales for the Seller until that Seller has proved their status and CS.  Those holds can be from 30-90 days before a payment is released to the Seller.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling

https://www.ebay.ca/help/fees-billing#payouts-payments

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

We know it's important that you receive your money as quickly as possible. However, we may sometimes need to put a hold on your funds due to your selling history or performance, or to address disputes. This helps us keep eBay a safe marketplace for buyers and sellers.

Payout holds

Payout holds are when we hold funds payable to a particular seller, and usually require further seller action on the account.

• Registration holds: We may hold payouts if we identify a discrepancy with the information you provided at registration. If your account is restricted, we'll notify you by email with a request for additional information. For more information on how to verify your identity, see our article on registering as a seller
  • Compliance holds: eBay maintains policies and procedures to protect buyers and sellers while complying with applicable laws. If your account has a payout hold or restriction for compliance reasons, we'll notify you by email and may request additional information from you
  • Performance holds: We hold your payouts if we identify unusual activity associated with your account, such as increased customer claims, a sudden change in your selling activity, late deliveries, or negative buyer feedback
  • Invalid payment method: We may put your payouts on hold if we can't deduct your selling fees and other costs from any of your on-file payment methods. In this case, you’ll need to add another payment method

....and the list goes on, as for sending a LEGAL NOTICE for an $80.00 sale, the fees alone will make that a ridiculous endeavor and a waste of time. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There are reported problems with Tangerine-- which seem to be problems with the bank not with eBay.

I have had problems with Managed Payments and Simplii, although another ID had no trouble with the same account.

The usual advice is to try another bank. Annoying but it works.

Second, are you trying to attach to a chequing account? Savings accounts don't work.

Third, do all your names match exactly?

If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, you cannot have

• a bank account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith ,
  • a Managed Payment account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith,
  • and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

And finally, stay away from the phone clerks.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply