I don't understand this presale policy

So I'm trying to list a presale for the Nintendo Switch, there's a ton of them up right now, so CLEARLY the system is  accepting them.

However, regardless of what I put for handling time and what not, it continues to claim I'm violating the policy.

So how  are people listing it (and selling it) already, when the site seems absolutely adamant against me listing??

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I don't understand this presale policy

I see people with a 5 days listing and 30 days handling time ~ can you get your handling time up to anywhere near 30 days? Or increase your listing duration to 30 days with whatever handling time you can extend it to ( depending on the selling form you use you might only get the option of 3 days handling ~ you might need to use the "advanced" selling form to get longer handling time). I see people with a 30 day listing period and then slightly shorter handling time ....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The other thing too is that ebay can place selling limits on Sellers

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

It may be possible that you are unable to list an item due to selling limits on your account? Are you sure the listing error you are getting is because of the handling time? I am not sure what happens exactly when you try to list something ebay has placed a limit on as in how far you are able to go in the listing before ebay will stop you ....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No, the policy itself doesn't help, it doesn't make a lick of sense.

There are people with 5 days left in the auction time and handling time of 8 days, their listings are up. Tried that, nope!

There are people who sold it recently with 40+ days handling time, tried that, nope!

It lets me make the entire ad, it's only when I go to actually list it that the stupid warning pops up at the top, the red box of stupid as I like to call it. And yes, I used the advanced mode to increase the handling time, didn't work either.

I can't see why I'd have any seller limits place on my account either, I've had zero issues with it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There was another seller on the US selling board with the same issue.  No solution so far though.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Presale-listing-questions-and-eBay-s-policy/m-p/25978165#M82747...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm leaning towards restriction because you are a 'new or occasional ' seller.

Going only by your feedback, you have less than a dozen sales in the past year.

And no Detailed Seller Ratings, which only show once you have at least 10 completed transactions.

You're offering something that requires a lot of trust, and you haven't built your reputation enough yet.

Presales are rife with frauds and messups.

This is not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply