I guess additional free listings specials are a thing of the past

I guess additional FREE listings specials are a thing of the past Sales are way down due to 50 listings per month.  No, I do not want to open a store Yes I already know you can list in Canada and US site   Still not enough to generate the sales I enjoyed last year.   I use to sell more in 2 weeks than I have all this year maybe it is time to say goodbye to eBay and go with the other larger online selling companies. Does anyone else feel this way

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

"Sales are way down due to 50 listings per month"

"I use to sell more in 2 weeks"

????

Why do you limit yourself to 50 listings a month?  If your stuff sells, why not pay for the additional listings?  Everyone else successful selling on eBay does.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I agree with you ...same/similar situation...but for me it is not economical to spend .34/listing  as most of my items are less than $10.00 and don't have a fast sell through rate.  I would be quite content though, if I had 250 free listings per month instead of 50. My items are listed on a couple of free sites but those sites have yet to bring me any sales - simply no traffic. Most selling venues, other than eBay and Amazon, require constant advertising and promotion on social media (something I don't do & don't wish to start as I already spend too much valuable eye time on a computer.) I have resigned myself to the fact that eBay has become much like those other selling venues -  a list and "hope for a sale",  kind of venue.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@postit4you wrote:

I guess additional FREE listings specials are a thing of the past Sales are way down due to 50 listings per month.  No, I do not want to open a store Yes I already know you can list in Canada and US site   Still not enough to generate the sales I enjoyed last year.   I use to sell more in 2 weeks than I have all this year maybe it is time to say goodbye to eBay and go with the other larger online selling companies.

There is only one other larger online selling marketplace for North America. And they are not small seller friendly -- especially if you are a Canadian seller. Sure, your sale offers made on their catalog pages are free, but you pay at the other end a fee of $2.49 + 15% of sale price + 15% of shipping price for an individual seller.  And the Canadian seller does not get discounted shipping that you can get with eBay.

Somehow I don't think ebay sales are down to a lack of free listings.

I had 500 free listings in September (and used most of them) and sold less than the previous months.

-..-

Disclaimer: I sell on both sites.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Please don't be offended.  Some of your listings (I just scrolled down a few) can be easily found at the $ and local thrift store (furniture markers- crochet doilies - coffee mugs)  It's ok to be a boutique store with pre owned stuff, BUT it must be unusual, valuable, collectible or "hard to find".  I feel for you, but this is tough love.  Times have changed, we must too.  Cheers.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

There used to be far more promotional periods and I've noticed I get less now that I have a premium 'store'...it may just be coincidental.  I just can't understand why ebay has gone away from promo listing periods.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sellers and EBAY make more with more sales?  Maybe I'm crazy lol

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

If items are selling then its worth paying that 0.31 cents now its 0.34 cause the tax lol but items are not selling like they use to be. Heck I am slowly getting more collectors buyers through my facebook page then on ebay and why cause just as sellers hate the high fees so do buyers once you explain to them that when I sell an item for $200.00 Ebay takes $20.00 as a fee and you tell the buyer that they reply back any way to get it cheaper thus we both save, and this is where its heading the higher the fees its just sending sellers and buyers else where to make deals. With this 10 percent fee on sales no wonder some sellers that I know that do Hockey Case Breaks have sales in the 5k a week thus if they were to list and sell through Ebay from that 5k a week Ebay would cut into there profits margin by $500.00 a week.

Ebay I think has to reduce selling fees or give back to the buyers 2 percent from the 10 percent fee but buyers would have to spend it on Ebay purchases Ebay should have 250 to 500 free listings a month  but I know that wont happen cause the next day all who have store monthly subscriptions would close them.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Not offended but I do sell similar items like handknitted throws, vintage teapot sets, vintage copper items on and on. These current listings hardly reflect the full extent of my inventory for sale. Thank you for viewing and commenting.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Most of my items are under 10.00 so 0.34 cents is not worth listing if you include all the other fees and charges
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I don't have a store on eBay and have received very few free listing promotions during 2017

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Free listings for me stopped once I reached the 500 feedback level.
They continued for my newest site but they have stopped now too.
I gave up since the turn over was so small. I had better things to do with my time.

I list collectibles, rare items, fine items, etc but sales are abysmal.
No way one can afford to pay listing fees and make a profit, with 1% sales.

Ebay has gone myopic eye to the bottom line like most corporation.
Not that it helps their bottom line by not giving .ca sellers free listing promotions.

edit: no matter how many times I tried to sign in as the D.Consortium this board shot me back to dianequeenofstuff. 

She lost the free listings years ago. 

Same with Off the Hook Designs.

I like to wave my sword at windmills. You rarely get anywhere but it's fun to try.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

List 50 items for 30 days.

Then........List another 50 items, all different than the first 30 items  .... for 30 days

and...Keep doing this.... a new set of 50 items every 30 days

No Good till cancelled listings

Each time you list a new set of items....  those listings will be viewed    and.. will be treated as new listings on eBay

.---------------------------------

OR....

With a Basic store on a yearly subscription you pay $20 each 30 days.....  and with 250 free listings...free 

With 250 listings in your store... it is 8 cents per listing every 30 days....

Sometimes a success on eBay means one has to be creative.

and  then look for inventory   that would complement what you sell.....  more expensive new inventory

------------------------------

Work on the principle that the lower priced items pay the bills and the higher priced items make the profit...

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Now with 250 listings in a store... you can rotate 250 listings every 30 days....

Be creative.....

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

If all listing were free or had to pay as it was when ebay started up, now a days ask your self how many times do you have to list the same item before it sells. There are far too many Sellers to Buyers Ratio there are far too many listed items to Buyers.

The only and only way if you want to sell your items would be is to go bankrupt by listing each item even if its worth $200.00 in auction format starting it a 1.00 and hope and pray it ends at a price where you break even after fees or you loose your shirt and go bankrupt.

I use to buy and bid on auction listing I don't any more Reason the sellers I use to buy from went bankrupt or have gone elsewhere to sell ther items as the lousy 10 percent fee just cuts into ther pocket books

But over all the problem is ther is just too much product and not enough buyers when you have 10000 sellers having for sale the same item and at different level pricing and not many buyers then who ever sells ther items is lucky and only they know if they made any money or broke even. The end Ebay is the one making the big money.

Think of it an other way you have $1.00 and we exchange that dollar back and forth between each other but every time we do that Ebay takes 0.01 as fee how long will it take for that dollar to be eaten up by fees

As long as ther 50 free listings a month im ok with will I pay extra to list NO WAY I have set up other free pages kijiji and facebook and I happy with the traffic and extra sells I make through them and the buyers are happy cause instead of selling that same item though Ebay for $120.00 cause the lousy Ebay fees and PayPal fees buyers are happy to pay $100.00 offline for it. So buyers save and I save instead of Ebay and Paypal 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

USA sellers just got 500 Free listings on dotCOM

as usual, Canadian sellers on dotCA have been left out in the cold...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sucks.  We used to get free listings promo on eBay.ca and at the same time on eBay.ca.  Nowadays eBay offered only one site not both sites.  eBay is becoming a Scrooge for many, many months now.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply