I posted a question on here earlier today and now can't find it. Where do I go to see if it got post

I asked earlier today if ebay would remove a listing  without letting me know. I listed what I thought were Bratz dolls and an ebayer advised me that those were Ever After High dolls so after doing a bit of research I realized she was right and updated the listing. 3 days later it was still on but no viewers. I checked this morning and listing is completely gone. 

No notification or nothing. Just gone. Not in Ended items either. Does anybody know what could have happened. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I posted a question on here earlier today and now can't find it. Where do I go to see if it got

marnotom!
Community Member

If you click or tap on your user ID as it appears just above your post, you'll be taken to an "about" page where your opening posts and replies are listed.  I can't find another post of yours along those lines.

As to what happened to your listing, I'm afraid I have no idea.  Perhaps there was a notification email that didn't send properly on eBay's end or it got treated as spam or "other" by your email provider?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: I posted a question on here earlier today and now can't find it. Where do I go to see if it got

@luv4orphans wrote:

I asked earlier today if ebay would remove a listing  without letting me know. I listed what I thought were Bratz dolls and an ebayer advised me that those were Ever After High dolls so after doing a bit of research I realized she was right and updated the listing. 3 days later it was still on but no viewers. I checked this morning and listing is completely gone. 

No notification or nothing. Just gone. Not in Ended items either. Does anybody know what could have happened. 

@luv4orphans 

Your last post  on here is to this discussion. Prior to that it was in July of 2022. Last reply was to the following discussion (Post 5)

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Expedited-Lite-for-Canadian-Sellers-using-eBay-Labels/m-...

If you started  a reply to a particular discussion it is saved as a draft within ebay. Unsure it works that way when you try to recover a newly started post. If it does it will come up with the options of continue or discard. And starting a new post will overwrite anything you were doing previously.

-Lotz

As a sidenote, if there was something in the message that eBay didn't like (example: certain links pasted in) it can give an error message and not send until it has been corrected. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Now just noticing answers on Sept. 02. I am quite certain I subscribed to this. So usually I would  get an email if someone responds. 

I wouldn't have posted any links in there to other sites you mean? I know better. I redid the listing eventually and its fine now. Not sure what happened with the old one. Weird. I just thought ebay would notify us if they remove a listing for any reason but then maybe not. Not sure. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Is this the listing?  It was in your completed istings,

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/166295622209?hash=item26b7fdd241:g:1DMAAOSwoHpk2Qfy

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Is this the listing?  It was in your completed istings,

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/166295622209

That’s likely the “redone” version that @luv4orphans is referring to in their post from yesterday as the auction closed yesterday, too.  OP originally posted about the missing listing a couple of weeks ago.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You've already received/seen posts on this new one, not sure what happened to original but I know for myself that when I've posted things I never see the responses anyone writes unless they do them with the @luv4orphans for example, without it you have to just go back to the forum and check. I have tried subscribing and it doesn't work for me. Also even when it is messaged back to me with the  @, mine go into my junk folder and most times I end up seeing them here instead when there is a red notification with the bell here on the page.

I generally come here and take a peak a couple of times a day anyways (hey, I'm semi-retired and I find the forum both informative and entertaining at times) but I realize many have less time on their hands.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@luv4orphans 

@msau4301 

Subscribing to a discussion works perfect on com. Not so well on ca. Just how it is. I don't follow a lot of discussions on the US board but whenever I do i consistently get an email advising me that someone has added to the original post. I never have on ca.  You will just see the bell number has been affected when there is a response on ca.

Dot Ca has become the item you got for Christmas that was missing parts. No returns accepted. You can try to order the missing parts but no guarantees when/if you will get them. 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

0ops, I didn't notice the date on the op.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply