If i dont sign up for MP does ebay cancel my store subscription without charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if I cancel my store on my own I have to payout the store subscription till the end of my term. Now if ebay says I have to go to MP and I dont want to because I'm not selling anymore, will they make me pay out the remaining store subscription. Since I'm sure there is no disclaimer in the original agreement stating if ebay changes payments policies that I'm still responsible for those fees. Maybe I dont have a bank account and use paypal as my credit union. Factual answers only please I'm buliding a case.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My recollection is that you only have to pay out 30% of the remaining term of the store if you are on an annual subscription and you cancel early, so it depends on how much of a term you have left.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my issue i've paid those fees before. if ebay forces me to close because i don't want to use MP.  Am i able to not pay because the original agreement was with a non MP system..

Doesn't matter much just imported my files to my own website . 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay has changed payment providers before.

The first one they used was BillPoint, and when PP came along eBay bought it from Elon Musk and forced sellers to use it.

About the same time, they forbade sellers to demand payment by personal cheque, money order or cash.

Then after Wall Street forced eBay to sell PP, eBay allowed 'guest buyers' to pay directly with a credit card, passing processing through PP, which they no longer owned.

My great objection to Managed Payments is not that fees will rise (PP raised their fees for failed transactions in 2019), or that I am unfamiliar with the new system.

It is that we can only have one bank account, it has to be with a Canadian bank, and it must be a chequing account.

It has been suggested that sellers open a new online account with an online bank and use that exclusively for online sales.

As for your store, with 200 free listings, you could keep a presence here at little cost. Then put a printed stock list into each mailing that shows the way to your own website.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply