Invoice Credit Offer For Managed Payments Registration

I've seen multiple reports on Reddit that some eBay sellers are receiving invoice credit offers if they register for managed payments, seemingly as a last-minute push. I personally did not, but I was wondering: Did anyone here receive an email to this effect? It seems to be targeted (and possibly specific to US sellers).

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Invoice Credit Offer For Managed Payments Registration

I suspect it is US sellers only, they refuse to sign up for MP at the same rate as they refuse to wear masks, social distance etc.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Haha. Well said. I suspected as much, but if anyone else has further information to help shed some light, that would be helpful.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There are a couple of posts about this, with bribes of $50 and $500 mentioned in the titles, on the dotCOM Seller Board.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The inducement is $50, the $500 came from someone who either posted that they would only sign up if it was $500 or maybe they said even if it was $500 they wouldn't sign up.

This is how silly the never MP crowd is, why not sign up get the $50 credit and then as soon as it's used up stop selling.

Oh yeah I forgot you have to give you personal details and we can't have that (even though the same people willingly gave it to PayPal WHEN THEY WERE OWNED BY EBAY!).

Just about every gripe I've heard about MP I heard back in 2006 when PayPal became required.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@recped 

I'm still grumpy about not being able to attach multiple bank accounts and particularly my American bank account for my US dollar payments.

That's one thing MP won't do.

And sellers of coins and bullion, real estate, vehicles, digital goods (which are sort of a swamp anyway), adult products (which admittedly were not covered by PP either), and a few other categories are stuck between PP and MP with no where to go.

I'd love to see proof that our Chinese competitors are also being forced into using a Chinese bank account to sell on eBay, rather than an American one.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

While some of us may reluctantly have given sufficient info to PayPal, that does not necessarily offer up the desire to do likewise with eBay.  I neither have any confidence left in eBay nor do I have any trust left in eBay, so I shall not be complying with this forced engagement with MP.

No $50 bribe or any other $amount bribe would ever change my decision. eBay cannot be trusted in anything they say or do and their "word" has become meaningless.

I am entitled to hold that feeling just the same as you can voice all the "greatness" you feel about engaging in eBay's MP system.

eBay will never miss me and I sure as hell won't miss eBay and what this site has become over the past 5 years...

There is more to online selling than eBay and I am quite enjoying the value and more seller friendly environments that can be found elsewhere.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@recped 

I'd love to see proof that our Chinese competitors are also being forced into using a Chinese bank account to sell on eBay, rather than an American one.

I would bet that will never happen.. But the Asian's have a virtual presence in the USA already,

so i am sure then can set up the bank accounts for there as well..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Certainly those US  warehouses they were shipping from for a while are an indication of that.
I was thinking of the more sketchey types who change IDs/accounts often.  And perhaps hijackers.

I don't object to an honest offshore seller who can undercut me, that's business.

It's those who give location as USA or CA, then ship Surface from Wuhan, those who hijack abandoned accounts, those who put multiple dissimilar things on one listing showing the high value thing with the penny price.  And of course those selling plated medallions as gold coins.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply