Invoicing

nismam1
Community Member

Hi

Once yr item is sold.

How long before you invoice and expect payment.

I posted a blacklisted phone yesterday.

Somebody bought it today...I'm not going to lie....

They've asked a couple of questions so I'm just waiting to see what happens....

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Invoicing

Phones are scam magnets.

And new sellers are scam magnets.

So...

However.

If you listed with a shipping charge, eBay has already invoiced your customer.

You can send another if you like. It won't hurt.

If the customer has not paid in 96 hours (four days) you can open an Unpaid Item Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Most seller will send a 'polite reminder' on Day Three.

Then if there is still no payment, they open the UID asap, and skip the Contact Buyer suggestion.

Because they already did.

The seller asks eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

After 96 hours (allowing a slow but honest customer to pay up) the seller can close the dispute and get his Final Value Fees back.

Yes, it takes eight days.

That's one reason a lot of sellers with high fraud/high value products use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required listings.

The item remains available until someone actually pays for it.

Do you need information about the Paypal 21 day Hold as well?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

Oh -- and dropshipping?

Don't.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

Since you are selling in a high fraud category and scammers prey on newbies I would only ship the phone with a TRACKING NUMBER.

This way you have Seller Protection if the Buyer tries to file a "item not received" claim.

This will not protect you from a "item not as described" claim and because you ship "worldwide" I would watch out for scammers from Nigeria, Russia, Mexico and South America to name a few.....

Since you are new I would only ship to Canada and USA to start until you get a feel for selling and familiarize yourself with the different shipping services Canada Post offers.   

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

If I understand correctly a blacklisted phone cant be used by anyone for making calls or sending texts so it makes no sense to me why anyone would pay $450 unless they 1. Didn’t read the title

OR   2. Don’t know what blacklisted is

OR   3. They are a scammer.  I didn’t even think that it was legal to sell a blacklisted phone although I see that there are some been sold but mostly for parts.  Your listing says that the phone is new....how does a new phone he blacklisted?

What country is your buyer in?    If they are overseas it is going to cost more than $25 for shipping with tracking which is what you have listed so you will have to pay the difference as you can’t charge more than what your listings says.

To protect yourself, make sure that before you ship the payment is actually in your Paypal account and that PP has marked it as ok to ship. Check your account, don’t rely on emails.  If the payment is pending and the buyer tells you that  the money will be released when you give them a tracking number, that is incorrect. PP does hold the money for new sellers until an item has been delivered but in that case they will not say the payment is pending, there is other wording used

I rarely get bad feelings about a transaction but this one seems a bit risky to me so please be careful and ask question on. here if you are not sure how to proceed.  I would probably make sure that the  buyer knows that the phone they get can’t  be used as a regular cell..not here anyway,,,I’m not sure how that works overseas.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

I would only ship the phone with a TRACKING NUMBER.

I agree.

Fortunately, phones are bulky enough that they have to go Parcel, and most of those are tracked.
However, not all are Delivery Confirmed outside Canada, which is what you need.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Your  'safe' choices would be Priority International or ExpressPost International.

And never never never ship Surface.

The buyer does NOT get to choose the shipping service.

If he can't afford a tracked service, he can't afford a phone.

Not your problem.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

Thanks for the info, I haven't heard anything back I did escalate it to the buyer not having paid so tomorrow I will ask for the fees to be credited.

It says there Buyer is supposed to be locted in Florida.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Invoicing

Thanks for yr help!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply