Is Paypal down?

I have tried several times to print a Paypal label on 2 different browsers. I've cleared my cache, still won't work. I get to "print label" and then get a message that it isn't working.

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Is Paypal down?

@rosscd57 wrote:

Ya I had the same trouble today. I read through this forum - used the new format and used 0's for a phone number and it worked - but I really do not like the updated version. It's like they hide information and you have to go an find it - customs info for a start.

Why they would replace a system that has worked well for years is beyond me - specially with one that is difficult to navigate.

Question for anyone who may know - I used to be able to shrink the size of the label by changing to landscape - but now it does not make any difference. Anyone know if we can make it smaller? Cause the label is HUGE.

I have a very basic printer but I can change the size of a document.  I just print out the label, place it on the glass and copy it at 80% of original (that percentage seems to work out okay for most of my labels).  I'm not sure which label you consider Huge.  The Expedited Parcel U.S. is quite large I agree, but the Light Packet, Tracked Packet or Expedited Canada are not all that big.

Message 41 of 80
latest reply

I just tried to do a Paypal label for US sale on the classic site, still wouldn't work. It says for phone # (optional), but I tried putting it in, still no go.

Went to the new site and it worked right away, I guess the classic is not working any more, for me at least.

Message 42 of 80
latest reply

Did you try entering a 10-digit phone number with no brackets, dashes or spaces? That's worked for others in Classic.
Message 43 of 80
latest reply

Yes, I tried that, but it still didn't work, just on the new site.

Message 44 of 80
latest reply

Hmmm. I haven't had an international sale since the weekend so I can't try myself. I'm pretty sure it worked for others who came to the other threads about this, there are a few now. It would be good to cross-reference them somehow.
Message 45 of 80
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

As mentioned by mrdutch in an earlier post, the same discount is still available when printing a label directly from PayPal.  Despite the announcement nothing has changed yet.

Hi 'pj' -- have you heard any word on whether it's actually going to be implemented at some point?  Or is this perhaps another trial balloon that fizzled? 

As you say, I'm sure I recently got the discount by going directly through Paypal, although I do usually either start my labels from Selling Manager or within the transaction details on eBay.  

My issue with this announcement isn't so much that it would be an inconvenience -- there are, if I recall, at least 4 or 5 different places on eBay from which the label process can be initiated -- but that the ability to generate a label from Paypal was a very valuable alternative in situations where the eBay process failed or froze.  As we all know, time is of the essence when it comes to shipping. 

Message 46 of 80
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I just tried to do a Paypal label for US sale on the classic site, still wouldn't work. It says for phone # (optional), but I tried putting it in, still no go.

USA Small Packet works with Classic view (at least for me today), when I added a "buyer" phone number (10 digit fake) it worked. With no phone number, it fails at the final stage with a useless error message.

Which Canada Post service were you buying?

-..-

Message 47 of 80
latest reply

Small packet US.

Message 48 of 80
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

As mentioned by mrdutch in an earlier post, the same discount is still available when printing a label directly from PayPal.  Despite the announcement nothing has changed yet.

Hi 'pj' -- have you heard any word on whether it's actually going to be implemented at some point?  Or is this perhaps another trial balloon that fizzled? 

As you say, I'm sure I recently got the discount by going directly through Paypal, although I do usually either start my labels from Selling Manager or within the transaction details on eBay.  

My issue with this announcement isn't so much that it would be an inconvenience -- there are, if I recall, at least 4 or 5 different places on eBay from which the label process can be initiated -- but that the ability to generate a label from Paypal was a very valuable alternative in situations where the eBay process failed or froze.  As we all know, time is of the essence when it comes to shipping. 

No and I won't be asking them about it. I don't want to 'remind' them that it is still working as I prefer to do it that way. 

Message 49 of 80
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

No and I won't be asking them about it. I don't want to 'remind' them that it is still working as I prefer to do it that way. 

No, I didn't mean whether you would actually be asking eBay about it, but whether you'd heard any rumblings through the usual grapevine(s).  Sometimes people hear things on the .com boards that we don't notice here.  And you're right, this is one sleeping dog we want to leave lying where it is. 

Message 50 of 80
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Small packet US.

I just now printed a Tracked Packet USA label via Classic on Paypal Shipping with the ten-digit phone number (no brackets spaces or dashes) and it worked fine. 

Message 51 of 80
latest reply

I'm going to keep trying, I so much prefer the classic site. I just need to sell something that needs a shipping label.

Message 52 of 80
latest reply

I tried to print a Tracked Packet label in Classic yesterday but it would not work. Found out the hard way (time wasted on multiple attempts and 2 phone calls to PayPal) that I had to use the new label format, which I suppose I could live with if the details could at least be printed before I submit payment. (I like to print the details for visual confirmation before I submit payment, and for my records.) Classic label view worked perfectly for this purpose with all the details printed clearly on one page. In the new format, everything is spread out and in a tiny font size, half the info is missing and won't display/print at all, and if you try to print the customs info it becomes total gibberish with overlapping text over several pages. A completely idiotic change in format, which is why I have avoided using it until now.

PPal told me the requirement for a phone number for international shipments is Canada Post's requirement.

And I just realized my label is no good because the weight field defaults with a zero and it came out as .048 kg instead of .48 kg, which I noticed only after the label was printed. 

Message 53 of 80
latest reply

@midcentureager wrote:

I tried to print a Tracked Packet label in Classic yesterday but it would not work.

Did you insert a 10 digit number in the "optional" phone field under the shipping address?

-..-

Message 54 of 80
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

Hi triber.  

The PayPal label platform problems are a known issue, and we are working with them to try to find a solution.  In the interim, please ensure you add the buyer's phone number to labels for any shipments to the US or International destinations before you print them.  More details can be found at https://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/03/17/7958/.  Thanks for your patience!

Message 55 of 80
latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply. I have yet to find a buyers phone number  on the receipt, even though I have it marked off in as required.

It does say on the classic form for the phone number (optional). I guess I will just keep putting my own in.

Message 56 of 80
latest reply

@bainottie wrote:

Hi triber.  

The PayPal label platform problems are a known issue, and we are working with them to try to find a solution.  In the interim, please ensure you add the buyer's phone number to labels for any shipments to the US or International destinations before you print them.  More details can be found at https://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/03/17/7958/.  Thanks for your patience!

Very funny!! I print often 15 labels daily - should I really contact all 15 customers, to get their phone numbers? REALLY?

Fortunately, the fake number (000-000-0000) still works. I wonder for how long?

What about the request of providing PROVINCE on the international labels? Most of postal offices in Europe DO NOT USE PROVINCES - JUST A POSTAL CODE. I needed to cancel and reprint a label, because a WRONG province was added to the address. Fortunately, I am really good in the geography, and I am (almost) always able to choose the right province from the list. BUT WHAT ABOUT OTHER SELLERS?

An example from Germany: the right address format is "18408 Stralsund", not "18408 Stralsund, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern". How many  Canadian sellers know, Stralsund is in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern? Will they choose the right province from the list? Please think about the consequences - how many delays or returns will this strange request cause.

Message 57 of 80
latest reply

Are you saying the province field is no longer optional for international sales?  Or are you saying that sometimes the province is the in the address and that it has to be deleted in order for the label to work?  I've run into the latter a few times over the years.

Message 58 of 80
latest reply

As a note the "postal guide" says that if you don't have the recipients phone number we should be putting in our own phone number.

That should also suffice for the PAYPAL process as well...
Message 59 of 80
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Are you saying the province field is no longer optional for international sales?  Or are you saying that sometimes the province is the in the address and that it has to be deleted in order for the label to work?  I've run into the latter a few times over the years.

I had a problem with a label 2 days ago. I shipped to Taipei, Taiwan. Filling the form out, I did oversee the province field, so the first available were automatically chosen. I later checked it on the map - the province was about 150 km south from Taipei. I needed to void the label and reprint it (of course, I was charged twice - but the CP will refund money in about 2 weeks, I hope).

Your question - if you use the NEW form, it must be filled out. In the CLASSIC form it was not mandatory.

Message 60 of 80
latest reply