Is anyone else having problems with tracking from CP not showing up.

I sent a parcel going to BC on January 5th and no tracking has uploaded on the Canada Post website. Its like it never even made it to the post office. I live in a small town and have asked them to scan my items when I bring them in so that the buyer knows its been received at the post office. Sometimes I drop off items in the drop box if they are busy or if the item fits. That shouldn't affect them scanning along the way.

I contacted the buyer to see if they had received it late last week. Nope. I contacted CP regarding this and since nothing other than me printing the label at home is showing up hard to say where this might be. Wait and see I was told. Backlog due to covid.

I am worried cause what happens in a case like this. It doesn't even look like I posted the item. Buyer is being understanding but if item doesn't show up for another month they might not be so understanding.

Last month I sent one to California and there was no tracking whatsoever until it reached its destination. It took a month to get there and when it did all the tracking along the way uploaded.  But that one showed that I had at least dropped it off at the post office.

Anyone else having problems with items not getting scanned or something not working.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Did you  created Label on Chit Chat  ?   

I have the same problem as Seller created label on Chit Chat , no information no updates on CP.

One day shows expected Delivery Today , next day shows Item delayed-stay tuned for updates 

On EBay is the same , not showing Tracking update.

I contacted Seller , he send me Information from Chit Chat  with electronic information submitted.

Non of   them Chit Chat , EBay , CP showing any Information about Item . I don't know   is it sent OR not. eBay recommended to Cancel Order , the Seller said wait until you get Item then Return .

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I'm currently facing this issue as well. On January 22 I brought in 3 packages (1 heading to Ontario with tracking, and 2 others heading to Australia by International Parcel - Air with no tracking). The package with tracking which was supposed to be delivered at the end of January is still not scanned, and I can't open a ticket because it says they have not accepted my package at the post office!

Occasionally I will be in a rush and the packages will be tipping out of my hands, so I loosely put tape around all 3 packages, with the sticky side NOT sticking to the packages but protruding outwards like a "D" handle on a teacup, and I carried the packages by that "tape handle".

So these packages were somewhat loosely taped together so I could carry them by that handle and it was loose enough that I figured it could potentially break before I reached the post office. Also I figured they would break apart once they are moving through machinery. However it held tight and I brought it in and set it on the table in the middle of the "showroom" (for lack of better words). This table has been set up since the beginning of Covid and it is set right out in the middle of the room by all of the waiting customers. When I first saw it I contacted the head of Canada Post in my province and voiced my concerns over stolen packages. 

Anyway as usual no one would listen so I have continued to drop packages off on that table, but now these 3 packages from January 22 have STILL not been scanned (or at least the 1 with tracking to Ontario). I contacted Canada Post customer service through phone and she refused to do anything at the time because their was 1 day left until expected delivery and she said there were many delays. At first I thought that was just foolish but I later realized that if they weren't scanned until they hit the next province which could be more backlogged than the post office I use, then that could possibly be the issue.

But I'm really starting to think that these packages may have been stolen off the cart in the CP showroom. It's gone past 2 expected delivery dates now. 

When I got out to the car that day after dropping those packages off my Mother said "Those will probably show back up at the house on Monday" (it was a Friday). I said "why?" She said "Because they are Canada Post employees and they will be confused". I've been doing this, occasionally, but for years. I didn't think there would be an issue. Guess I was wrong.

I've been waiting for them to show back up at my house, roughly 4 km away from post office, for over 2 weeks now! I have no idea where they are, where they are going, I dont know if they are sitting at my post office, or on the way back to me, or sitting in another province amongst a huge backlog!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I had one problem with the info showing on the CP site and not on ebay but haven't had any problems with tracking not showing on the CP site.   

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I had the one going to California with the same problem. Tracking didn't upload until delivered. But I think that one showed that it had at least been received at the post office. This one nothing is showing at all.

I talked to a rep at CP yesterday and he wasn't much help. Said there could be delays and I get that. Why no scan though whatsoever.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

No its not showing up anywhere. Its like it never left. But I know the clerks at post office here scan them. I don't always watch though but most times when I get home its entered
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

No I used Shippo. That's 2 in the last month and a half where no tracking shows up. This one is even worse as it looks like it wasn't even dropped off at the post office.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I just refunded the buyer. No tracking uploading not even the initial acceptance. Buyer has been waiting long enough. Canada Post can't do anything as they have no record of it. I hate to think that Canada Post employees are taking parcels now but.
That's my second item that's gone missing in the last couple of months. The last one went Small Parcel and only had an URL number and that only shows when its delivered. No tracking along the way.

I usually bring my items right in or a few times have left right on the counter where the clerks are if busy but make sure they know I dropped off something. Or I use the drop box if it fits but rarely do that. Hard for someone to grab a parcel out of there and it would be during the day anyways. Who will attempt to climb in a post office box in the middle of the day and is it even feasible to retrieve parcels out of there. Very unlikely scenario.

So leaves the counter and someone grabbed it or a post office employee. No scanning whatsoever and its been 6 weeks. It just vanished into thin air. Just like the last one.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
The few tracked items I've sent out haven't had any tracking at all. They're all just arrival scans.

I was on the phone with a sales rep with another issue and she said that the unprecedented amount of Canadians online shopping are causing them to streamline the services. Take it with a grain of Salt you can't get the same answer from ten people at CPC.

Anything going through Ontario sorting is backlogged beyond believe.
However Lettermail is moving quicker.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

We say "tracking" but most Canada Post services are "Confirmation of Delivery" and only will have acceptance and delivery scans.  Especially these days.

I contacted the buyer to see if they had received it late last week.

Never do that.

If the buyer is worried, she will contact you.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@luv4orphans,

I see you're located in Ontario. Perhaps the reason might be due to Mississauga.  I was at my local post office a few days ago and a CP employee picking packages up told the desk clerk how backlogged it is right now at that sorting station. I think she used words like "it's a mess".

When you received your CP receipt for tracked parcels, did it have the tracking number on your receipt? If not, that's suspicious right there. And if it does have the tracking numbers, can't that be your proof to Canada Post?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

No I don't usually get a receipt. I have dropped packages in the mail boxes outside if its busy or a couple of times on the counter at the post office again if busy. I let the clerk know or point to her I dropped a parcel off. I have never felt the need for a receipt until now.
I am outside of the Ottawa area. Would it need to go to Mississauga then on to Vancouver. It could I guess, I don't know their travel. I realize it could be sitting somewhere that's bogged down.
That still doesn't explain why the initial acceptance at the post office never showed up and still doesn't 6 weeks later.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Yes I see the scans lately. No scan until item arrives at destination and then everything uploads. Except this one nothing at all.

The buyer was fairly new to ebay so I was concerned cause the tracking wasn't showing up and wanted to know if she had received the item. She was waiting understanding that the situation is far from normal right now. Very nice person to deal with and seemed quite honest and understanding. She actually waited another 2 weeks to contact me to let me know item hadn't arrived yet.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:
Yes I see the scans lately. No scan until item arrives at destination and then everything uploads. Except this one nothing at all.

The buyer was fairly new to ebay so I was concerned cause the tracking wasn't showing up and wanted to know if she had received the item. She was waiting understanding that the situation is far from normal right now. Very nice person to deal with and seemed quite honest and understanding. She actually waited another 2 weeks to contact me to let me know item hadn't arrived yet.

In speaking to CP today Feb 13,2021 there currently are backlogs for Intl(USA) shipments with the depots in Montreal, Toronto, Richmond and Minneapolis. For shipments across Canada there are delays in processing in Winnipeg. They are "aware" of issues with the information porting between systems and are working on a solution. They do not have a timeline.

I have an order that was going to California from Calgary with US tracked service. According to eBay tracking the ONLY tracking details are label created Jan 31. In CP online it shows local processing & several scans in Richmond over a course of 8 days. In USPS Label created but not yet in system. From speaking to CP this parcel has been in the USA for 'several' days so definitely there is a disconnect with the info we are seeing and what they have unofficial access to.

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Current official Canadapost Status report Canada wide: Last updates Feb 12, 2021

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/support-dashboard.page

USA as of Feb 3, 2021: Some items may be delivered 7 to 10 days beyond published delivery standards. Consumers and business shippers should consider the additional delivery time when making commitments to recipients in the U.S.A.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I hate to think that Canada Post employees are taking parcels now but.

If they are, it's probably closer to home than many miles away.  Perhaps you could discuss it with your postmaster? Are you dropping the parcels at an outlet, a post office, or in a mailbox?
That's my second item that's gone missing in the last couple of months.

Out of how many?

Two of 20 is a much different situation than two of 1000.

Either one is a job for Cookie Jar Insurance.

Are your packages particularly noticeable? For example a customs label that says "coins" or "cell phone" might be more attractive than one that says "851712" or "711800" which are the applicable HS codes.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@luv4orphans wrote:

In speaking to CP today Feb 13,2021 there currently are backlogs for Intl(USA) shipments with the depots in Montreal, Toronto, Richmond and Minneapolis. For shipments across Canada there are delays in processing in Winnipeg. They are "aware" of issues with the information porting between systems and are working on a solution. They do not have a timeline.

I have an order that was going to California from Calgary with US tracked service. According to eBay tracking the ONLY tracking details are label created Jan 31. In CP online it shows local processing & several scans in Richmond over a course of 8 days. In USPS Label created but not yet in system. From speaking to CP this parcel has been in the USA for 'several' days so definitely there is a disconnect with the info we are seeing and what they have unofficial access to.

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Shipped to California from Calgary Jan 31, 2021 US Tracked Service

eBay tracking - Label created Jan 31, 2021. No further updates.

CP/USPS - Delivered Feb 18 ,2021 Full detailed tracking displayed.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I have contacted ebay numerous times regarding their internal tracking system not syncing with the actual canada post tracking. Many of my items are marked delivered via canada post but not on the ebay site. I have asked their IT department to rectify this as it is an integral part of doing business.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 19 of 19
latest reply