It pays to be a legacy user I guess!

Got invited to use the new seller hub today, discovered after I invoked it that I think at this stage only us "legacy users" selling on .COM get to use it.

Hopefully it will soon be available to all, I think it is awesome.

In under 15 mins I made the migration from "myebay" as in I know how to do my "processes" under the new hub that I did before in myebay.

There is a pile of new reporting that I think I will find very useful going forward.

Hopefully availability of tools like this sooner on .CA will be the upside of all the pain of the conversion off the dual currency model....

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I think it is awesome.

So all those sellers who got opted in, spent 10 seconds looking at it before immediately declaring it to be the worst piece of garbage since the last thing they complained about might be wrong?

I'm a legacy user....I haven't been offered the hub yet.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Apparently doing this also changes the "sell your item" (sell a similar item at least) form.

It is the same only arranged differently, I think I like the new one better too....
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I got an email (no ebay message yet) It also took over and gave me a big whole screen "opt in" when I went to myebay.

Perhaps I'm just one of those folks who looks at what it can do vs what it can't.... so far I haven't found it to be stopping me from doing anything I want to do, and it does all sorts of things either easier or that I didn't have (or know how to do) before.....

I think the sales volume compare to last year/period and the comments (mine say the whole category is down as well) are useful, they may answer some of the "sales are down" messages we normally see on the threads...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I've been using it for several months and really like it. Sure, it took a bit of getting used to, but I think it was worth it. I also still use SMP on .ca because it shows the CAD prices of items sold, something that is really useful. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

BTW, I'm not a legacy user.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I got two emails about it, so I guess at least two of my IDs are eligible.

There's some sort of seminar coming up too.

I'll probably sulk in my corner for a while as the bugs get swatted.

I have enough to do with rewriting my (paper) bookkeeping because all my sales are coming in with both USD and CDN prices showing, instead of all USD as before.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Got invited to use the new seller hub today, discovered after I invoked it that I think at this stage only us "legacy users" selling on .COM get to use it.

Hopefully it will soon be available to all, I think it is awesome.

In under 15 mins I made the migration from "myebay" as in I know how to do my "processes" under the new hub that I did before in myebay.

There is a pile of new reporting that I think I will find very useful going forward.

Hopefully availability of tools like this sooner on .CA will be the upside of all the pain of the conversion off the dual currency model....

I have been using the new seller hub since early last fall when I signed up for the beta Seller Hub. I have been giving feedback since I first got it on bugs and forgotten features. Some actually got fixed or added but some still not done. Many others giving feedback too. There are a couple of forums on the Seller Hub and new listing tool.

In my opinion the Seller Hub is not better than the existing Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro. I think sellers who really like the new Seller Hub are using My eBay and not Selling Manager. Selling Manager is much better than My eBay selling pages so existing My eBay users think the Seller Hub is so great. 

The reporting and analytics are the only area in the hub that are better than Selling Manager.

The new listing tool is better then the existing Sell Your Item form. Selecting a category is inside the form with no pop up window and uploading pictures is in the form with no pop up window either. The listing tool takes some getting used to as things are in different places. There are bugs in the tool and omissions like no watermark, no way to get at the old SYI saved templates directly (I posted a workaround for this in the USA forums), no inventory for Selling Manager Pro users, no way to access Listing Designer options, and others I forget.

In my opinion development of the new listing tool and Seller Hub has been disorganized and piecemeal with no one seemingly knowing what sellers use and how they work and use the existing My eBay or Selling Manager. So typical eBay not understanding their sellers.

i also think the resources spent on the hub and new listing tool could have been better spent fixing the existing tools and getting rid of current bugs. Ironically the development of the new hub broke existing tools when some changes were made. I think many of today's glitches and bugs are caused by the continuing development of the new tools and integrating them into the live system. 

When finished, the new tools will be better but only if they make them glitch free which seems impossible in today's eBay.

It will take a few days to get comfortable with the new Seller Hub and new listing tool. It is only available on eBay.com and is to be implemented in the fall just in time for the Christmas Season!!! Always some major change before Christmas to drive sellers crazy!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I appreciate your comments pocomocomputing, I got the email, and really had no idea what it was. As a senior, (73), I find it harder these days to keep up with the changes, so I think I will give this seller hub a pass. I am happy with the Sell Your Item form the way it is. I am glad I found out from your post exactly what it is.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I tried the Seller Hub new listing tool briefly and found it to be VERY hard on the eyes - too much white space and no clear (to me) delineation of sections.

There's also a couple of things missing like Listing Designer, and I prefer to choose my category myself from the list.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply