Learning ebay api went over listing limits, cancled with agent. Still have bill

So was playing with a trading card store backend and went over my insertion allowance assuming 0 quantity listings didnt count twards insertion limit for a basic store, went over the 10000 limit and now owe ebay 1500$, once i realised the mistake (Watch that tiny number in promotions on seller page). I went over with an agent and cancled the extra listings and was promised a refund. Weeks later was anxious to keep testing so got a premium store to continue testing with a 50k insertion limit and re inserted those canceled listings as was promised would be resolved by 2-3 agents over 3 weeks  "Within 48 hours". Its now officially been cancled  a month later. Do I leave the sinking ship and close my 2008 account? Shame to, offered to cancel all listings but ebay claims their is no solution. SHame they throw out a potential premium store account over a accident. I paid my store fees. I am currently sale restriced for not paying the 1500 insertion fee as cannot afford/dont want to pay for nothing. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Welp we all now that adage about what "assume" makes.

You didn't notice that each listing had a price on the bottom? When you go over your "free" limit the cost shows up just before you click list.

Still.

Your best bet is to contact eBay NOT THE PHONES!!  and beg for mercy.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Explain about your previous contact with the subcontracted phone reps. It might help.

Best wishes.

What a shlemozzle.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Welp we all now that adage about what "assume" makes.

You didn't notice that each listing had a price on the bottom? When you go over your "free" limit the cost shows up just before you click list.

They were trying to figure out the API. It probably didn't show them anything unless they had programmed it to in their app or whatever.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Still denied refund with no listings, cars say no problem you were promised a refund but the impossible to contact back end billing folks throw it out with no comments. debating if want to throw account away with small claims court to cap off my 20 years of frustration with ebay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply