Listings that just disappear once they expired?

You can list "Buy it now" listings perpetually, or for 30 days.  I choose 30 days because I like to have the ability to review them after each cycle.  But I've seen listings that appear to have disappeared on their own.  I know items have been listed, yet even in "unsold" or "deleted" they do not show up and can't be re-listed.  I'll have to keep monitoring this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Listings that just disappear once they expired?

when viewing on ebay.ca or on ebay.com ?

And on the "new" seller hub you have to check how things are being sorted for unsold stuff.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@rander3127 wrote:

You can list "Buy it now" listings perpetually, or for 30 days.  I choose 30 days because I like to have the ability to review them after each cycle.  But I've seen listings that appear to have disappeared on their own.  I know items have been listed, yet even in "unsold" or "deleted" they do not show up and can't be re-listed.  I'll have to keep monitoring this.

I believe Ebay only retains the unsold for 60 or 90 days and then they go poof.

Hence why many seller use 3rd party listing tools which keep them forever or until you close your account.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Since the 3rd parties don't necessarily support Macs and/or cost money, I just keep all my descriptions (with coding) and pictures in desktop files.

Even sold items are still available even years later if I find the same/similar thing again.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply