New Feedback Page

There seems to be a new display for feedback in the works. Does not give full access to what a users feedback left in the past looks like. The old version is "still" available but maybe for not much longer. You will see the difference if you click on the user name vs the feedback number or follow down and click on see ALL Feedback. More privacy concerns???

-Lotz

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Feedback Page

Feedback left for others is more useful than feedback received. It will be disappointing if they remove that.

If the point of the feedback page is to help buyers and sellers make informed choices about who to buy from, it has never really been useful except for weeding out very extreme cases. I suspect that is by design. They want to make buyers and sellers feel at ease with the platform rather than to allow buyers and sellers to scrutinize who they will deal with. In most cases, buyers and sellers are fine and easy to work with, so I don't exactly disagree with it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I noticed the change also. As you say you can still scroll down and click the blue "See All Feedback" and then the page looks the same as it was. The one new addition to the change, which I liked, wasthat they have now added a "Number of items Sold", I've always been curious on mine but now I can see it. Since when a buyer who purchases multiple items and leaves multiple feedback the score only goes up by one. The items sold number is handy to know (to help me feel like I've been doing something at least!)

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I always look at a buyer's feedback left and received.  Feedback left lets me know if a buyer has left neg comments for sellers on communication/shipping speed ect. One buyer left neg feedback saying no communication so I was sure to send her a thank you and explain shipping time and how it was untracked. I never had an issue with her because I knew what she was expecting.  I recently had what I consider a lucky escape from a buyer that sent me an offer on 2 cup/saucer sets. A seller left feedback saying the same buyer returned 2 cups/saucers after she had given 60 dollars off them and the reasons for the return were untruthful. I decided not to accept the offer on something fragile, and costly to ship, to that potential problem buyer. Wow. I will certainly miss not being able to see feedback left.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't think they will ever take away being able to see the feedback. They have only changed the page layout but if you click the "See all feedback" you can still see everything as before (hopefully will stay this way). I too like seeing the feedback. I know some say it is not important but it is to me, I always look when I am buying if I'm trying to chose between a few people with the same item...if anyone has negatives (I want to see why) and as a seller I love seeing some of the personal notes I sometimes get (I guess I'm needy that way) but I like to see some positive comments during my often stressful days. Sometimes these sweet notes make my day.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Lotz. I hadn't noticed that. Frankly the feedback for Canadians who sell internationally, just like the Top Rated Seller score for Canadians is unfairly slanted.

For example "Feedback/Reasonable shipping cost."

If you ship something to the USA that requires tracking you often  get "dinged" by the buyer in this feedback category for shipping costs. They don't know it's not our fault when tracking is required. They are used to domestic USPS prices.

I would like to see "Reasonable Shipping Cost" DROPPED from Seller feedback.

The other bit of discrimination is the "Top Rated Seller" rating. 

Sales you make outside your "region" IE: CANADA if that is where your store is are NOT included in eBay's tabulation towards your rating. In effect, eBay encourages you to ship Internationally and then 'dings" you with a lower rating when you comply. If you sell enough to qualify but not enough in one region you don't get the cookie.

"Top Rated Sellers" should be sellers who make a certain percentage of customers , wherever they live..... happy.

IT

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

@msau4301 wrote:

I noticed the change also. As you say you can still scroll down and click the blue "See All Feedback" and then the page looks the same as it was. "The one new addition to the change, which I liked, wasthat they have now added a "Number of items Sold", I've always been curious on mine but now I can see it." Since when a buyer who purchases multiple items and leaves multiple feedback the score only goes up by one. The items sold number is handy to know (to help me feel like I've been doing something at least!)

Hi!

Most of us track our sales and many would prefer this number gone. As Lotz points out the feedback number is enough. Going beyond that leads many Sellers to consider the number of sales as a breach of privacy. 

That said it worked for McDonalds... "300 Billion Served"...LOL

IT

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

True enough! I was thinking of my case where unless I was going to dig back to my start in 2013 (now where did I file all that stuff?!) it was neat to see a grand total (I have a house of collectors so I have to try and make sure there is still room in here for the people, if all that stuff was still here we'd be in trouble). However it would be much nicer if there were things we alone could see in one click that the whole world couldn't!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply