New Promo Offer - Expedited Lite

Just received this in my gmail. No signs of it anywhere else.

Limited time promo: Save $3 on three Expedited Lite labels

Hi lotzofuniquegoodies,

For a very limited time, eBay Canada is pleased to offer Canadian sellers $3 off the base rate for up to three labels on orders up to $75 printed using Canada Post Expedited Lite - our low-cost, tracked service for small, lightweight items.

This promotion will run until Sunday, February 4 at 11:59pm ET.

• Toronto to Toronto - $5.05 $2.05
  • Toronto to Montreal - $5.70 $2.70
  • Toronto to Halifax - $5.87 $2.87
  • Toronto to Vancouver - $5.94 $2.94
  • Toronto to Yellowknife - $5.99 $2.99

*These are base rates after the promotion is applied. Fuel surcharges and taxes are calculated based on full base rates.

This promotion is available for your first three sales up to $75 CAD each (after tax and any shipping charges) that meet the eligibility criteria for Canada Post Expedited Lite.

To access this promotion, simply purchase a label using the Expedited Lite service through eBay Labels and ship your item. Once your shipment is successfully received and scanned by Canada Post, you will automatically receive a $3 credit to your account from eBay within 2-3 business days.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at ebaylabels@ebay.ca.

Appears to be automatic as soon as you go to use so should not need to be accepted to be accessable. Anyone else see or was able to use please pass on your observations. Thanks and good luck. 

-Lotz

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This is a nice little promo!

Question though: available only for first 3 sales OR first 3 sales where expedited lite is actually used?

I have small, low value sales that I send oversize letter - and will save the expedited lite for my higher value items. Can we can just choose any of our sales to use these labels, or does it have to be the "first 3 sales" we get?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I didn't get an email about it. I rarely use Tracking in Canada so maybe i didnt qualify lol

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Good question! I would like to know the answer too. The $3 credit is coming from eBay, not CP, so it could very well be the FIRST 3 sales. Use it or lose it I guess.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

This is a nice little promo!

Question though: available only for first 3 sales OR first 3 sales where expedited lite is actually used?

I have small, low value sales that I send oversize letter - and will save the expedited lite for my higher value items. Can we can just choose any of our sales to use these labels, or does it have to be the "first 3 sales" we get?

Hi @teenytrinkets! This will be on any order of up to $75 CAD including any shipping fees or taxes. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I didn't get an email about it. I rarely use Tracking in Canada so maybe i didnt qualify lol

It does show on the announcement page. It gets applied if/when you use and shows up as a credit in approx. 1 week.Just as a reminder today is the last day to use your 3 3.00 discounts on expedited lite. Good luck to anyone that can use. So far personally batting 0.00 on the promo!! No early retirement for me!!😔

-Lotz

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

2/3 Here!!! and I didnt get an email about it, so bonus!!!!

I use tracking in Canada very seldomly so not sure i will use the last one before the promo ends in a few hours

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Any idea about how the $75 sales total works? I also have had 2/3 I qualified for. Sale number one was $20, sale number two was $40, so does that mean I would only qualify for the third on $15 order? what if sale is higher is it then partial? Guess I have to wait and see (and hope I sell somethinge else that qualifies for Lite shipping too!) Anyone else get the three and did orders go over $75?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Any idea about how the $75 sales total works? I also have had 2/3 I qualified for. Sale number one was $20, sale number two was $40, so does that mean I would only qualify for the third on $15 order? what if sale is higher is it then partial? Guess I have to wait and see (and hope I sell somethinge else that qualifies for Lite shipping too!) Anyone else get the three and did orders go over $75?

I had an order for $85 and I didnt ge tthe discount.  or I would have had 3/3 used

The $75 thing is for the order total for that label to my understanding.

My thoughs on this promo is they wanted to test to see if people would pay for tracked shipping on orders under $75 as i bet thats the threshold for a lot of people in Canada to use tracking vs lettermail.

I don't charge anywhere close to $5.00 for shipping for most orders unless someones buying 20 cards, so to upgrade to tracking its not woprth it even with a $3.00 discount to bring the price closer to $5.00

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I bet you're right, it's a test to get new users to try! I just had my third, it was only $30 but if they are adding the three together will be over $75. I've used it several times myself since it started and think it has helped.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Oh I have for sure used it, but Its just replaced me using Registered lettermail (which I was using discounted stamps to get to a similar price point). I havent increased or decreased my threshold in a while.

I still really dislike that we do not have PROPER recipts for this service as I am a registered bussiness and I know there is tax being paid on the Canadian labels. Having to do calculations to get the tax out of the cost is annoying, and is a reason I don't use it more, plus Canadians are less obsessed about tracking LOL

Message 11 of 11
latest reply