New eBay glitch: eBay sending Out of Stock emails to buyers for items I have shipped!.

Today I shipped 5 items and I have already had a message from a buyer who says that they have been told by eBay that the item is out of stock! I normally only ever have the one of each item and so I can’t be out of stock as I only list a qty. of one at a time. Now I’m worried that all the other buyers will get these messages too! I did ship today but I don’t really have to show as shipped until the 29th according to eBay.

I guess I will have to call eBay but I have only ever had to do that once or twice in 16 years. I do have a Facebook account but no idea how to send a message to eBay that way.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New eBay glitch: eBay sending Out of Stock emails to buyers for items I have shipped!.

I've tagged tyler@ebay   for you.....as you requested in a different thread...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks ric! I thought I should start a new thread in case any others were also having the same problem.

Maybe tyler will chime  in so I won’t have to figure out how to contact someone at eBay facebook. I’m not sure that eBay CS would be able to help me with this and remove that false out of stock.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Do you have the out of stock option turned on or do you listings always end when you have a sale?

They may have had them on their Watch List. I've had a couple of messages from eBay for things that I am watching.

They went something like, your watched item is out of stock, maybe these alternatives would be of interest (links to similar items included).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@recped 

Hi recped, I have checked to make sure that the OOS option didn’t get turned on somehow and it is off. I have never had it turned on, my items end when I have a sale.

I did answer the email I received from my buyer and she replied very nicely to me and sounded as if she understood about eBay glitches and she thanked me for mailing the item so quickly. But I do have to make sure that it doesn’t show as an OOS on my account as that, I think, shows as a defect.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply