No "watchers" until last day of auction listing. EBAY CANADA - anyone else experiencing this?

Since late 2018.. when I list items, no matter if they are newly listed, or recycled, 

I'm finding watchers are not showing up until the last minute.  I do end up getting bids (sometimes)  it's a strange phenomena.   It's opposite to what was happening to my listings in 2018, would get the most watchers for items in the history of being on ebay, but no one hits.

It still annoys me that even for low cost items, people won't bid until the last minute of the auction.. but I see other sellers, mostly in the USA.. they will sell the same item and have 30 bids.  That never happens to my listings, unless it's something extremely rare.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

No "watchers" until last day of auction listing. EBAY CANADA - anyone else experiencing this?

I tried placing max bid early. No success. I tried nibbling. Almost no success. Bidding my max late with just a few seconds (2-3-4) a bit more success and win well under my max. Using a snipping service to bid my max in last second, great success and under my max often.

I still say it is silly to bid early with your max. Bid late with your max.

Using snipping service in last second can beat eBay autobid of max of others too. Even other snippers. Time runs out quickly in last second for eBay autobid of my bid and other autobid reacting. I was very impressed with results.

I was bidding on discount postage stamp lots. My max bid was 50% of face value. I got smaller lots under $50 face value many times for 40% or less.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply