Order Details do not match Invoice or Sales Record

This is a new one. Sent an invoice to a buyer in the USA today and saw, on review, the Order Details on this transaction do not match the Sales Record or Invoice sent.

Order Details:

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.03.33 AM.png

Invoice sent which generated the flawed Order Details:

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.03.48 AM.png

Sales Record:

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 8.04.42 AM.png

If the buyer is able to checkout with payment of $7 for postage (what an odd, random number) then I will ship it for that and call ebay to request they reimburse me the balance due to their mistake. I find ebay only pays attention to fixing glitches like this if and when they start to cost the company money.

Has anyone else taken note of this recently?

Thanks,

Maureen

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You'll notice on closer inspection the the total amount in both top instances remains the same. I wonder where the $7 generated itself? It makes no sense to me. I'm not going to worry about this until I need to, I wanted to glad it for others. If this is really happening to people, It will eventually cause difficulties and misunderstandings between buyers and sellers. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's an ongoing glitch in the system. I had a PayPal invoice a month ago with 0.00 for shipping (actually shown as blank) but the total reflected the full shipping charge.

Your random 7.00 shown for shipping is a new one.......

As long as the total is correct I wouldn't worry about it, as this glitch may only be viewed from the seller's perspective. 

If the buyer contacts you about the shipping discrepancy then I would call eBay and report the issue. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Re: $ errors. When checking your seller fees, make sure the fees on shipping is correct.  For a while my balance owing was $1.47, which was completely wrong.  In my case the error  was on my seller acct.  Maybe the snafu was with the tax on the fees. I think we have to keep vigilant.  Cheers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I’ve had at least one showing zero shipping but with a correct total. Confusing to both buyers and sellers. As long as the total is in okay I haven’t worried about it. No idea what is going on lately.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

We've seen this over and over again for the better part of a year.  And have stopped looking at the order details as every time, especially with a multi order purchase, it ends up taking too much time to verify the totals.  Looking at the -sales record- everything looks correct however, so that's what we print out to put into customers parcels.  More ink, but at least accurate 🙂

I believe that eBay is quite comfortable with these types of glitches.  It's  almost like a Jedi mind trick.  In order to survive, we must understand that we're dealing with a nonsensical crazy person who does not make any sense, but who's in the driver seat.  In a fair world a policeman would pull the car over, ask us if we're alright, and call the hospital for the driver.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply