be careful when you do a bulk relist...

i had 11 items end last night, and went into my unsold section,  so today i am listing new auctions, and notice i have 11 items in my unsold i haven't relisted,, so i go to relist them and guess what i have 11 errors, as this are duplicate listings.. thank goodness i got the warning, or i would have relisted 11 itmes twice..

is this a new bug where when you relist.. it doesn't automatically remove itself from your unsold column,,,keep any eye out fellow sellers's..this could be a real pain..

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

When you go to your unsold items, you first need to sort by "Not yet relisted". Otherwise, all your ended items will show up. It's not a bug, it's always been like that.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

i only relist from items unsold, so i don't require any searches,, they end, i relist.. simply that easy, until ebay doesn't remove my relists, from my unsold item lists..which has always happened..

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

i only relist from items unsold,so i don't require any searches,

Wanna bet?

I list from my Unsolds, and today I put my active listings into alphabetical order (just click on Title in the Active List).

In 19 pages of listings, I averaged three duplicate listings on each page.

It's something I do every couple of months.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

It's not a new bug. I moved some 90+ items from 30-day Buy It Now to Auctions a few months ago and even though they are set to auto-relist until sold, at least 50 per cent of those items NEVER show that they've been relisted. I keep careful count of the total number of Active Listings that I have, so that's how I can tell whether the Unsold items are in fact relisted safe to delete from Unsold. 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

i only relist from items unsold, so i don't require any searches,, they end, i relist.. simply that easy, until ebay doesn't remove my relists, from my unsold item lists..which has always happened..

This supersedes that. If the OP is talking about what I am talking about, the item stays under Not Relisted although it clearly is Relisted. I'll do a screenshot the next time it happens. Like tonight. I deleted them before coming to Community, or I'd already have screenshots. Stay tuned.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@esclyons wrote:

This supersedes that. If the OP is talking about what I am talking about, the item stays under Not Relisted although it clearly is Relisted. 

I'm trying to follow this -- it does seem that you and the OP are describing the same thing.  If I understand what you're saying, once an item in "Unsold" is relisted by the seller, it remains, incorrectly, in the "Unsold" folder, able to be listed again?  Clearly that is going to cause a whole lot of trouble (accidental duplicate listings, as the OP described), and wasted effort for sellers who are relying on eBay's system to manage their listings.  I appreciate the OP bringing this up, as it's something that could easily be overlooked. 

And it does indeed sound like a programming glitch if that's what is happening.  Oh well, add it to the never-never list. Woman Frustrated

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

If you list on both dotCOM and dotCA they don't necessarily show relisting on the other site.

Fortunately, an unintended consequence of the switch to single currency, means that it is easy to see if an Unsold item is listed on the site you are using.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If you list on both dotCOM and dotCA they don't necessarily show relisting on the other site.

Fortunately, an unintended consequence of the switch to single currency, means that it is easy to see if an Unsold item is listed on the site you are using.

Ah, the .com/.ca disconnect may be a point -- although I believe 'mjwl' lists only on .ca, so I'll be interested to see her screenshots.  Glitch or disconnect, it hardly seems to matter anymore.  SNAFU. 

The two sites do seem to have become less "married" over the past few months.  For example, there was the problem of late dispatch warnings appearing on .com for items that had already been marked shipped on .ca.  I didn't realize relisting wasn't always being picked up either. 

And yes, I've noticed that it's now simpler to distinguish .ca from .com listings at a glance than it once was.  Unintended, as you say.  I'm not giving eBay kudos for that one. 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Here is my example.

Several items ended this afternoon without bids. I picked this portion of the page which illustrates all three of the possibilities after that item ends. The top one correctly shows as being Relisted. The middle one correctly shows as being Not Relisted as it has not yet come active again. The final one has been relisted -- as you can see by the new item number indicated -- yet you can also see it still says clearly Not Relisted and that status will not change at any point within the next couple of hours.

What happens after six+ hours of waiting, does it eventually show Relisted? I don't know, I never wait longer than a five hours to clear out Unsolds that have been relisted in order to avoid the potential for duplicate listings.

All the listings have been created on ebay.ca and this screenshot is from ebay.ca. Some days one hundred per cent of ended Unsolds will show Not Relisted for hours after they are confirmed to be relisted, other times the mix is equal, and also sometimes it flows as it should. There is no rhyme nor reason that I can determine to the bug. If there was a glitch from the day they were originally set to auction, I've long since lost track of that given that I staggered the auction durations from the onset. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 2.56.35 PM.png

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I don't see the same thing you do in my eBay and yet, I am also on .ca

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

And also this one... if you sort by "Not yet relisted", you will see the right listings that are not relisted.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

This is part of today's assortment of Relisted-yet-Not-Relisted items. They've all been relisted except for the first and final ones on the listScreen Shot 2017-10-16 at 5.17.55 PM.png.

Out of curiosity, I'll try to remember to leave these in Unsold until they show Relisted.... if that ever happens, I'll report back. 

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Three days later and my list of Unsolds-that-ebay-auto-relisted and-said-they-didn't has grown to 16 items. In the interim, several other auctions have ended and showed Relisted when they did as they should but that was only about one-third of the auctions that ended with auto-renewal until sold.

I decide to leave the Really-Relisted-Unsolds as Not Relisted in the Unsold folder to see how long they stay that way, like if the problem is a lag in communication or not. I have no reason to suspect they'll ever accurately show as Relisted, but I'll keep them around a little while longer to see. 

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Out of curiosity, how the heck do you keep track of what's going on in an ever-growing list of erroneously-marked items? 

Aside from having to use prodigious memory power, one would almost need a separate list to create some rational order out of the eBay list.  This is going to drive me crazy.  It is not, in my view, what we're paying good money for a store subscription and seller tools to have to deal with.  Yikes. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

I went through this mess some time ago and had Ebay staff involved which did me no good. I also earned defects they would not remove for out of stock.

This has been going on for years and Ebay refuses to acknowledge it or do anything. They have even refused to admit it.

I believe there have also been posts on the US boards about similar situations.

And I forgot, Ebay very politely told me they do not keep track of inventory , it is up to the seller to make sure they have what they list and are responsible for errors.

I took a strip off Raphael and Rodney about this after Ebay just buried the issue. Some posters may remember it.

I ended up doing a complete inventory of over 1300 items.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

, one would almost need a separate list to create some rational order

Or you could add a Note to the questionable listings.

I use those a LOT!

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Three days later and my list of Unsolds-that-ebay-auto-relisted and-said-they-didn't has grown to 16 items. In the interim, several other auctions have ended and showed Relisted when they did as they should but that was only about one-third of the auctions that ended with auto-renewal until sold.

I decide to leave the Really-Relisted-Unsolds as Not Relisted in the Unsold folder to see how long they stay that way, like if the problem is a lag in communication or not. I have no reason to suspect they'll ever accurately show as Relisted, but I'll keep them around a little while longer to see. 

Do you mean that your GTC items show up in the Unsold items? If so, it's very strange, because mine don't... (fingers crossed)

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

No, not GTC. Auctions that are set to auto-relist using the Automation Relisting Tool. Another dozen auctions ended since my last post. Of those, eight relisted and indicated that they Relisted, but the other four relisted and still say Not Relisted even four days later.

My total number of Relisted-but-still-says-Not-Relisted items now count 20 but, as I indicated before, it seems utterly random as to which ones will correctly mark themselves Relisted and which ones will relist themselves but claim not to be. I suspect that they all share some commonality such as were set to Auto-Relist on the same day but have since become random because I picked five- and seven- and ten-day durations at random, or that it was a bug in perhaps the tool itself on the day that auto-delist-until-sold feature was added to the listing. Or even when. Some I added in bulk through the editor, some I added using the tool as it stands alone.  

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Now at 26 Unsold items that show Not Relisted when they have been. Some from today, others from last week. 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply