Orders to Far Off Lands

Have you had an order to a far away place recently? Were you nervous to ship? How did it go? Which service did you use? Did it arrive at the speed of light or like waiting for paint to dry? Any details how the customs procedure went?

Add your experience here:

1. From Calgary to Osijek, Croatia - Shipped Feb 4. Processed  VILLE ST-LAURENT QC  Feb 6, Customs Croatia 7th to 9th. Out for delivery on 10th. Total Transit Time. 6 Days wine_glass

-Lotz

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Orders to Far Off Lands

I don't have time to go get the acutal details but recent interesting:

Thailand, Jan 31- Feb 10 (expresspost)

Lebanon expresspost, took a long time, the address was weird like "by the Ritz hotel" but it did eventually get delivered, much to my surprise.

Mauritius, I've gotten 2 or 3 items NON-tracked successfully to that buyer.

Malaysia several times a week (because I'm selling Malaysian stamps).

Israel is almost every week at least 1 item now.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Orders to Far Off Lands

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Have you had an order to a far away place recently? Were you nervous to ship? How did it go? Which service did you use? Did it arrive at the speed of light or like waiting for paint to dry? Any details how the customs procedure went?

Add your experience here:

1. From Calgary to Osijek, Croatia - Shipped Feb 4. Processed  VILLE ST-LAURENT QC  Feb 6, Customs Croatia 7th to 9th. Out for delivery on 10th. Total Transit Time. 6 Days wine_glass

-Lotz

"far away" - Yes

"nervous" - No

"How did it go" Fine as always

"Did it arrive...." Yes, in the expected time frame for the destination"

"Which Service" ChitChats basic untracked International Standard ('cause it's cheap!)

"Customs" Never an issue of consequence since the declared value is always below the free limit of the destination

Since I ship without tracking I can only go by Feedback received to guess at the delivery time. I tell International buyers 10 - 14 days except for Germany (3 weeks), South America (4 - 6 weeks) and Asia (3 - 4 weeks).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Orders to Far Off Lands

What service did you use in original post? I did not see any mentioned.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Orders to Far Off Lands

@richardcm 

Oops. International Tracked.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Orders to Far Off Lands

Small order on the the 20th of Feb to Igloolik NU  Canada( The great white north) by Expedited. eBay posted time was around 17 days.  Actually delivered in 9. Shows delivered at the Canadapost website. But not in eBay. Extremely pricy shipping for a very small package. If items will fit you may better off just purchasing the flat rate shipping boxes in those cases.

For an FYI.As of late noticing a number of orders that have been delivered but the eBay system is not updating for several days. One for the USA, 7 days lag time. (Tracked)

-Lotz

Message 6 of 6
latest reply