Out of stock option won't shut off

SO..another question  since there are a lot of helpful people here.

That Out of stock option keeps happening even though I uncheck it...it'll be good for a day or 2 but then I have items show up "Out of stock" in my active inventory....I don't want this...we sell individual unique items so we rarely(maybe 1 out of a 1000) get another similar item.

Anyone else run into this...if so how did you fix it?

Thanks again

Steven and Jenn

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Out of stock option won't shut off

Are you asking how to turn off the Out-Of-Stock option so it stays off?

Or are you have listings showing as Out-Of-Stock even though they have not sold?

Or GTC that renew as Out-Of-Stock after a sale instead of just ending, when the OOS option is supposedly turned off?

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Sorry for not making myself clear

What is happening is when a GTC item sells its going to "Out of Stock" after a sale even though we have checked numerous times that we don't want that option.

We have probably checked the off "out of stock" option probably a dozen times and it keeps giving us "out of stock" items after they sell.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

Hi @unique-attic-treasures - this sounds really unusual, for certain. 

Would you mind confirming for me that you have unchecked the 'Out of Stock' option on the account level (link here)?  That should prevent any listings from moving to the Out of Stock mode. 

If you are unchecking that box, and it is re-checking itself some days later would you let me know so I can get it reported? Definitely should not be happening that way. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Besides checking the box are you also clicking on the "apply" button just below. If you haven't then that is the reason it's not going away.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sorry for the very delayed response as we have been very busy in personal life...

To answer the question yes we are unchecking the box and clicking apply

I have attached a screen shot of what it shows and in a even further complication we have noticed that not only does it show the "not in stock" option still being used but now we have noticed that items that have been sold are still showing a Quantity available...in the screen shot you will see

at the bottom VTG STAMPED ESTEE LAUDER PERFUME COMPACT PILL RING TRINKET SILVER TONE GIFT BOX which we sold the day before and it still shows quantity available of 1

This is very frustrating

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It's still happening...had to delete 4 "out of stock" just this morning from the past couple days...also have noticed they still show in our inventory as I stated before...but when you click on the add it doesn't show anyway to purchase so I don't know if they are "taken out of stock" at the end of the listing period or at the end of the month....either way I wonder if they count as a listing at the end of the month?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@unique-attic-treasures  tyler@ebay  

Seeing the same thing also. 5 listings currently. One of the listings shows with 0 actually relisted by itself on the 29th of July. Item  401807544311 is scheduled to end in 12 hours. Is this issue being investigated?

-Lotz

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Still hoping to get a fix for this...I've tried everything I can think of

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

STILL waiting for a fix for this...

I and others that have pm'd me have been having the same issue since the GTC thing took effect

After and item sells it goes into "Out of Stock" no matter how many times I unclick that freaking button...its ridicules

That and the listing is still showing in my "Active" listings even though there is nothing for anyone to click on so atleast know one can buy the items but I think these go against our store allotment of free listings per month...so if you exceed that like we do then you end up paying for a listing that won't sell anything

I'm getting very aggravated   

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@unique-attic-treasures 

Hello  tyler@ebay  ,

Can you help out here please.

Thanks,

-Lotz 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It does go against your store allotment if it realists so make sure that you end it before it does.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply