Package size and weight for flat rate shipping

Hello All:

Moving some items to dot com and using a flat rate for both US and Canada, so does one have to spend the time when listing to enter the package dimensions and weight?. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the input folks,  seems unnecessary for flat rate shipping. Changed some of my listings and didn't see any issues. Cheers.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No, since there won't be any calculation needed.

But it does show up sometimes on the Sell Your Item form, maybe when you have been listing with Calculated and switch to Flat Rate?

I am convinced computers have little gnomes inside and they have a nasty sense of humour.

I stick to items that can go LetterPost for Flat Rate shipping.

Packages have that confusing destination metric that makes using Flat Rate harder.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's been a loooong time since I used flat-rate shipping but I recall that with Combined Shipping Rules, there is one alternative that combines by weight and another that combines by dollar amount. Does the weight combination option only appear (or work) if the user has previously commit to Calculated Shipping, I don't know. I guess my point is that switching to flat-rate shipping also potentially changes your parameters and workability for your Combined Shipping Rules so you'll have to look carefully at that aspect as well. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@bpl521_sellwrote:
Moving some items to dot com and using a flat rate for both US and Canada, so does one have to spend the time when listing to enter the package dimensions and weight?

Purely optional.

I do if I have some of those details (usually just the weight) because I use Shippo for shipping and that info gets transfered across when I buy a label.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Have never used shipping profiles, nor shipping calculator for either .com or .ca, so have never filled in any of the weight or dimensions info. Have been using flat rate shipping for over 9 years now... No issues whatsoever...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for all the input folks,  seems unnecessary for flat rate shipping. Changed some of my listings and didn't see any issues. Cheers.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply