Paypal fees to increase for cross border to the US .

• US cross-border fees

We have made changes to Section 8.4(b) of the UA and Section 2(e) of the Pro/VT Agreement to update the fees that apply to Canadian Sellers selling to buyers located in the United States. These fee changes will become effective on April 13, 2016. If you are a consumer, these changes will be implemented on March 14, 2016 and will also become effective on April 13, 2016.
  1. (b) US Purchase Payments (effective as of April 13, 2016).

Activity

Purchase Payment Fee

Sending (buying)

Free*

Receiving (selling)

Standard rate:

3.7% + Fixed Fee***

Merchant rates**:

Monthly Sales Volume 

$0.01 - $3,000.00 
    $3,000.01 - $12,000.00 
    $12,000.01 - $125,000.00 
    Over $125,000.00

Fee 

3.7% + Fixed Fee*** 
    3.3% + Fixed Fee*** 
    3.0% + Fixed Fee*** 
    2.7% + Fixed Fee***

Charity rate****

1.6% + Fixed Fee***

* Your financial institution may charge fees directly to the card you use to fund a cross-border payment even where no currency conversion is involved. 
    ** To qualify for our Merchant rates you must submit a one-time application, have qualifying monthly sales volume, and have an Account in good standing. 

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Paypal fees to increase for cross border to the US .

"It took 10 whole seconds to load on my computer...:"

Get a new faster computer.

It took me less than a second to load the image.

Message 61 of 77
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"It took 10 whole seconds to load on my computer...:"

Get a new faster computer.

It took me less than a second to load the image.

Get a faster computer? I am happy with my computer right now...why should I need to get a faster computer when this one works well for me?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 62 of 77
latest reply

One question is, what do you sell?

Message 63 of 77
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

One question is, what do you sell?

Not a secret.

I just list everything using .com and I shop for the most part from .ca.

I enjoy the boards and the personalities of the regular posters on .ca, so I read the boards and very occasionally post. So I post with my .ca persona (actually my cat's persona???).

I should add that the category that I have used the most is DVD & Movies, but my little niche in this category has gotten crowded and became much less lucrative, so until things change, I have been really enjoying the past 11 months in Entertainment Memorabilia. 

The most exciting category that I've listed in by far has been Vintage Toys. Just unbelievable!

I will shortly be listing over 500 Vintage and Collectible Books (mostly leather). These are all from my personal collection, but it's time to let go of some of the things you can't take with you ... LOL.

I like to change things up, as it keeps me young and there is always so much to learn in each category.

So, I'm sorry if it appears to you that I am "trolling". It's not really the case.

Scott

Message 64 of 77
latest reply

sorry, I swear I singed in with my .com persona.

It is bigscotty.

My store is: http://stores.ebay.com/Kurioz-Kabinet?_rdc=1
Message 65 of 77
latest reply

@drucecat wrote:
sorry, I swear I singed in with my .com persona.

It is bigscotty.

My store is: http://stores.ebay.com/Kurioz-Kabinet?_rdc=1

You have some pretty cool stuff for sale!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 66 of 77
latest reply

Thank you Alex.

I told you I was having fun.

Message 67 of 77
latest reply

I don't think you are trolling at all. Only reason I asked is different categories need different quality pics. If you don't use large pictures you have a high risk of INAD

I upload large pics so people can see what they are buying and when they enlarge the pic it works very well.. I don't use stock photos.

I also use the same size of pictures on my websites and those are sized down as well and is not an issue.

My issue is Auctiva has very little image hosting space in this day and age. InkFrog and many others have unlimited. Hosting space is much cheaper than it used to be. I used Auctiva for many years when it was free and after they charged. Image hosting became an issue.

Also they only allow 1 ID which is a big drawback.

I did like what they offered but eventually they refused to update certain things.

Message 68 of 77
latest reply

I like what you sell as well, and I looked at your images. Some do not even enlarge and many are grainy. It may work for you but not in the categories that I sell in

Message 69 of 77
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I don't think you are trolling at all. Only reason I asked is different categories need different quality pics. If you don't use large pictures you have a high risk of INAD

I upload large pics so people can see what they are buying and when they enlarge the pic it works very well.. I don't use stock photos.

I also use the same size of pictures on my websites and those are sized down as well and is not an issue.

My issue is Auctiva has very little image hosting space in this day and age. InkFrog and many others have unlimited. Hosting space is much cheaper than it used to be. I used Auctiva for many years when it was free and after they charged. Image hosting became an issue.

I did like what they offered but eventually they refused to update certain things.

I remember reading that they allowed a second ID if asked. This was 2-3-4 years ago. Open an Auctiva support case and ask.

Message 70 of 77
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Fair enough dutchman48

I really wasn't criticizing. Or, at least I wasn't trying to. What I wished to point out, was that for an average eBay seller, 1 GB is a lot of storage, if you're efficient with your images.

I assume (and this is just an assumption) that an average eBay seller is someone with less than 150 listing per month. But, there must be numbers available which quantifies this. 

If you or any reader knows or if you want to voice an opinion, please give use some input.

I do realize that in your category, where both sellers and buyers would frequently use a jewelers loop,  it is important to post the largest images possible, so the Zoom Feature would show the quality better than even the naked eye.

Actually, I have thought a lot about this.

Sometimes when picturing items that are not meant to be jewelry quality, it is a disadvantage to up-load pictures that can be Zoomed. For example, please see my listing: 301896661893

This looks pretty much like a blob of ink. But, if you see it from a couple of feet away, it is obviously; "Snaggleltooth". An icon for any Motorhead lover.    - Yes, I know what to do, but time is short and it's only $6.

Never-the-less, my original point about Auctiva is valid I believe. Even if you were to up-load really huge images, like the one you posted, you could store 3800 plus of those images on Auctiva and be under 1 GB.

Please post your experiences with InkFrog if you do try them out. i read the user reviews diligently, but find that a lot of patrons seem to have some issues. When I read that eBay was linking with them, my interest has been rekindled.

I too find that there are times that I'd really like a multiple Id feature in Auctiva.

Message 71 of 77
latest reply

Now it switches to 'bigscotty"

Ah ... technology.

Gotta love it!
Message 72 of 77
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I did not say restriction, but limitation of image hosting space per tier and then so much more after your limit.

If I remember, the first tier is $10 for 1 gb and with Ebay requirements, that is not a great deal if you list a lot. I have many images that are 120 kb or more.

Here is the link to the Auctiva Plans

http://www.auctiva.com/about/AuctivaPricing.aspx

Sorry, I don't why I typed restriction.

@I don't find the 1 gb limit a problem and many of my listings have 4+ pictures.Right now I have 7400 pics stored there @ .58gb. Every once in a while I go through the pics I have stored there and delete the ones for sold items. I do keep a copy of all pics on an external hard drive although I'm not sure why as it's unlikely I'll need them again.   I had no idea what the new rates were until I looked at the link you gave. LIke the other poster I have unlimited listings as I've been there a long time and am still on the old rate.

As poco mentioned they used to allow a second ID as I asked them about a few years ago. I have no idea if they still allow it.

You might want to look into six-bit. I know that recped uses it and has mentioned that he likes it but I have no idea what services they have.

Message 73 of 77
latest reply

They allow 2 others but each will have a image hosting max of 500 Megs on each and they are all independent. I had that at one time as well.

Message 74 of 77
latest reply

Another thing, with the listing descriptions changes coming in the near future, neither of the scrolling galleries from Auctiva or inkFrog will be permitted so they will all have to be removed and with Auctiva, that takes forever due to all the HTML they use.

Templates are not a good idea on mobile devices either.

A lot of the description images are not shown on mobile devices and with the restrictions, very few pictures as well as all the extra terms and conditions, will be shown on mobile devices.

I have tried inKfrog and yes, it does have issues but also a lot of good features. I just found their Library system separate from listings, solds, and unsold very cumbersome and open to duplicates when you have a lot of items and then relisting.

Message 75 of 77
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Another thing, with the listing descriptions changes coming in the near future, neither of the scrolling galleries from Auctiva or inkFrog will be permitted so they will all have to be removed and with Auctiva, that takes forever due to all the HTML they use.

Templates are not a good idea on mobile devices either.

A lot of the description images are not shown on mobile devices and with the restrictions, very few pictures as well as all the extra terms and conditions, will be shown on mobile devices.

I have tried inKfrog and yes, it does have issues but also a lot of good features. I just found their Library system separate from listings, solds, and unsold very cumbersome and open to duplicates when you have a lot of items and then relisting.

Auctiva support can remove the scrolling gallery from your listings for you. I confirmed this with them a couple of times when helping Auctiva users who post this problem in he ebay.com forums. Open an Auctiva support case.

It has limitations. Since it is a revised listing, it cannot change auctions with bids, listings at in the last hours of durations and so on.

Since these changes do not have to made until 2017, wait a few months until everyone knows what to do. ebay is still deciding what is active content and what has to go.

Message 76 of 77
latest reply

I am not making any changes right now. I still use TL but last night it was awful with issues.

It could have been because it was update night at Ebay so I will see what happens today.

I have used both Auctiva and inKfrog over the years and am familiar with both. I too have had Auctiva support remove all the scrolling galleries. You can also, if you choose, not use them at all from the beginning by turning it off for all listings.

Message 77 of 77
latest reply