Put my store on vacation - Can anyone see my store items still?

Anyone know how long before you can't see the items in my store? Its been about an hour and I can still see my open store. I did click to not show any FP items and I cancelled my auctions. 

Can anyone see my store items?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK this is New, the Vacation setting now leave everything visible, but unavailable for purchase. At the top of the listing I get the message "This seller is currently away until 03 Jul, 2014, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."  
But when I click on one of your BIN and get the following message on the next page..

Buy It Now

Sorry, this seller is on vacation, so this item is unavailable for purchase.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I can still see them, did you make sure this box was clicked too:
"Hide and block purchases from my fixed price listings"
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Your listings are visible and say that you are on vacation.

As noted, you'd be better off making them invisible and preventing purchases.

The guy who doesn't read the listing properly is the one who will make the biggest fuss.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes, just checked my settings again and I have definitely checked the box to NOT show my listings. I've never had it take this long before. Guess I'll sleep on it and hope they are invisible by tomorrow.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Here is what I see when I click on one of your listings:

"This seller is currently away until 03 Jul, 2014, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

OK this is New, the Vacation setting now leave everything visible, but unavailable for purchase. At the top of the listing I get the message "This seller is currently away until 03 Jul, 2014, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."  
But when I click on one of your BIN and get the following message on the next page..

Buy It Now

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I think they have changed the format for store vacation settings. As decal-fx stated, my items are still showing but you cannot purchase them.. I checked some other.com discussions and this seems to be the new way of "hiding" listings. Either that or this is another thing that is broken!

Sure would be nice if we were told about these changes. Even the help index still shows the old way of putting your store on vacation, as does my selling manager.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

Buy It Now

Really! Isn't that interesting. Kinda like window shopping after hours. I wonder if this will play out positively?

Wouldn't that be nice to come back from holiday and have an explosion of welcome back sales.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I am kind of +/- on this one.... I preferred them to be hidden, although I did have customers that thought I had "gone" when their searches came back with zero items...so now this will avoid my stuff "disappearing" whilst I am away and as MrE says it might generate more buys upon return. Having said this, I like to take the month of August off for my "eBay holiday" each year, that will maybe not look so good when it says "here's his item but you can't buy it for a month" now...... yet another thing to ponder in the next couple weeks...
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I'm still seeing "hide and block" no other option.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That is really odd that your listings can still be seen. In the last couple of weeks there have been a number of other posts on .com about sellers who put their stores on vacation and their listings were invisible. When they came back, it took up to 48 hours for their listings to be visible again. In some cases they would have to do a bulk edit so that they could be seen. But your situation is totally different.

I guess the new ebay motto is always expect the unexpected.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Pj, I did read about this same situation over on .com boards (at 4:00 am when I couldn't sleep for wondering why my listings were still visible.) I just wish they would update their files to reflect the changes. All I got when I put my store on vacation was the usual "click here to hide listings" button. I kept thinking I had not done it correctly. I really think I like it better when the listings were totally hidden. Spending time reading the listings and then finding out that I can't buy the item is a bit off-putting for me.

Right now I don't care, I'm sitting on the deck overlooking Georgian Bay and watching the boats sailing past and enjoying a Caesar. Supper is on the BBQ and I'm not moving from my chair for the next few days.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I'm jealous but I hope that you have a wonderful time and forget all about ebay.

Please have a Caesar for me too!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I hope you have a good weekend, just forget eBay and enjoy yourself. There i no mail on Tuesday anyway, so there is not going to be much to miss on eBay.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Well, as of 2:00 a.m. (Atlantic Time), your listings aren't visible -- the usual "hide listings" view. 

Maybe nothing has really changed except that eBay puts a temporary vacation notification on the listings until the data is all properly processed and the listings are removed from view completely.  Just a guess, but it seems to make sense (for once).

Enjoy your vacation! 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply