Revising a Listing with a Different Category brings me to a new Template.

I have a strange problem. I am trying to revise some current listings to new categories. When I hit Revise, it takes me to the regular listing template. When I go to change the category, it takes me to a brand new template that looks totally different, multiple new entry points, and it presents as a brand new listing. None of the current information carries over and I would be charged again towards my limit, not as a revision. Any insight would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That’s the Advanced/Expanded Listing Form. If it’s unfamiliar to you, you’ve been using the Simplified version until now.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Any time you change Categories, it wipes all your existing data in the Item Specifics clean.

As to the weirdness of the page display you're now viewing, please screenshot it. Chances are you're looking at a new Product Catalogue entry card. Ebay is moving to this.

Are you listing in CAD or USD?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Same goes for listing fees. Once you move the listing to a new category or add another category, it's not the same listing, it cannot be considered 'revised'. It's a new listing. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OK thanks I was under the impression that a new category was still a "revision". It could be the new template; any other revisions still show the old one, which I'm very much used to. Listing in CAD on .ca I will attempt to drum up what I'm seeing.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

OK trying this as screenshot.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Adding a new or additional category is definitely not considered a revision. Hence the wipe on all the Item Specifics; the listing is starting from scratch like a Sell Similar.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That’s the Advanced/Expanded Listing Form. If it’s unfamiliar to you, you’ve been using the Simplified version until now.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ah ok i've been using simple. i like simple 🙂 funny how it switches versions like that without my input. thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply