Scammer sellers on ebay

For long time didnt have a time to browse around the platform but what i just saw shocked me .

I browsed in two categories handbags and luggage .Sellers misrepresent the location of their items and imagine they are top rated even all the negative feedback they had for a month.

So I guess i should not complain of the drop of the sales. How we could insure the customers to buy with confidence .

Its so sad and worrying  

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Scammer sellers on ebay

Account. Site Preferences.

Manage VAT numbers

Display your VAT numbers on listings
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Thank you
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Feedback is the only gauge that is publicized. If it was not important why are sellers trying to withhold refunds in exchange for a positive Feedback? Feedback should be abolished, you are right because only a fraction of buyers give feedback and as I said if you advise seller that you will give him a negative feedback he will most likely tell you that he will withhold refund so he gets a positive refund when it is not warranted. Feedback is simply a game. I am not familiar with any place that shows claims for non-shipments or wrong or defective product. But this would also be meaningless as a lot of
buyers do not bother to put in a claim for small amounts-whatever they consider small amounts.
I purchased 116 pens in 116 auctions and dis not receive even 1 pen. I saw about 300 odd negative feedbacks for non receipt. The question is -how many others did not give a negative feedback or simply took the loss. Average price was about $4.00 per pen.
I have seem sellers close shop and pop up under a different name. It is a Game. Some other sites seem to control this nonsense better than others but in the long run a seller with many items is almost untouchable. As an accountant I understand EBay , but it is getting worse daily. All the items on EBay I can buy at Amazon or locally without the schemes and hassles.
Message 23 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Good morning 

Here is my update :

I will not travel this year because i will not receive the 2 pcs set of luggage  lol

But according to the sellers that i purchased the items I will have a nice amazing leather handbag for $15.99 free shipping ( maybe because there isnt tracking number ,I asked for tracking number we know what will be the answer ).The second bag its the same situation but isnt listed as leather this time ,marked as shipped but no tracking .

Of course i keep the best for the end .

This is the message that i received 

Thank you for shopping with us.
"We are so sorry to inform you we couldn't ship your item cuz we get emergency notice from our supplier that their goods are bad made,which caused they have to recall all of them back to their factory .
And we are sorry for we don’t sell them in short time ,hope you don’t mind .so sorry for the trouble.
In this case,we would like to cancel this order and refund your money back. please forgive us.Next time,we will offer you some discount if you order with us in the further.is that okay?
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Looking forward to your reply
Best regards"

But the item is marked as shipped .

So I guess i need to contact eBay .

screenshotebay.png

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

I am not familiar with any place that shows claims for non-shipments or wrong or defective product.

Do you mean other sites?

Actual claims for refunds are processed by most sites, although most are even less clear about how to access them.

EBay has Help and Contact at both the top and the bottom of most pages.

Paypal hides the Resolution Centre under Tools.

I suspect that the actual results of Claims are not public for legal reasons --privacy basically.

And most Claims are settled amicably, leading to no feedback or positive feedback.

If someone loses a Claim ,he cannot leave feedback on eBay.

if you advise seller that you will give him a negative feedback he will most likely tell you that he will withhold refund so he gets a positive refund when it is not warranted.

Because sellers have little reason to fear feedback. And buyers who use feedback as a threat are obviously unaware of the actual tools available for getting refunds.

Perfect victims.

I purchased 116 pens in 116 auctions and dis not receive even 1 pen.... Average price was about $4.00 per pen.

So over $500 lost without ever changing your unsuccessful system. 

Okay.

If any of those purchases were paid less than six months ago, you can still open Disputes with Paypal.

Ignore the suggestion that you contact the seller. You've already done that.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

And when a seller loses a Claim, he gets a Defect which eBay takes very seriously and which do lead to closed accounts.

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Another update
I received the same messages from the 3 sellers that the tracking isn’t available. And all of them are signed at the end Nora
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

it looks like 95% of your items are using stock photos.. are you a drop shipper..?? 

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

No im not a drop shipper and will never be .

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Purchased a Watch on Aug 3,2018 Last day of shipment is Oct 4,2018 ( 62 days ) and only 59 days for leaving a feedback. Aug 7 watch still not shipped sent message to seller with no reply,. Put in Neg Feedback Aug 8,2018 and spoke to CS on Aug 10,2018 who told me to wait to Oct 4,2018 put in a claim with CC or PayPal.and CS sent message to seller(copy to me). Seller sent reply on Sep 11,2018 to give him a 5 Star FB or wait until Oct 4, 2018 for a Refund. Place a claim on Aug 13,2018 with PayPal. Not a peep out of Seller so far and item still not shipped. I guess the Seller does not care. So the Seller looses a Customer and so does EBay. No such problem with two other sites that i visit.
One has a good Return policy and the other a very good shipping limit policy.
Message 29 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

It's a numbers game. See, you can't stop every scammer because you would go bankrupt with the man hours required. You also can't do anything as that is neglect and could lead to legal ramifications.

However, you can create a method to counteract fraud by means of the eBay MBG. It doesn't have to be super effective, and as long as you mention it's existence, despite how difficult or flawed it may be, you have your legal bases covered. You simply bet the house that most people would much rather complain and use the feedback system which for the most part doesn't affect a seller because it's your "opinion" rather than a true metric of a seller's business practices.

In this way, you benefit from fraud due to human nature but you get to claim "innocent" because you have a SOP to handle such situations, regardless of whether your customers use it or not.

If people were educated to use the MBG and PayPal more effectively rather than leaving pointless feedback, most scammers would be bald and gain weight from the stress of the claims and would most likely call it quits. But because people like to complain and not get results, or, leave things for such a long time that it's impossible to have any recourse, they end up allowing scammers to operate.

So really, the power of the people is the wallet, if only they would use it.
Message 30 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

You’ve opened a claim with PP?   You should be able to escalate the claim soon.  I’ve heard that if you phone them, they will escalate it right away although I haven’t tried that myself.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Purchased a Watch on Aug 3,2018 ... Aug 7 watch still not shipped ...Put in Neg Feedback Aug 8,2018

While feedback is available seven days or less after purchase:

• leaving negative feedback does not encourage a seller to resolve problems
  • eBay does not use feedback to measure selling accounts.

Seller sent reply on Sep 11,2018 to give him a 5 Star FB or wait until Oct 4, 2018 for a Refund.

What brand of time machine are you using?

Or did all of this happen last year?

Place a claim on Aug 13,2018 with PayPal....and item still not shipped.

Back from the future.

While not every seller uses tracked shipping, a watch is  the kind of high fraud item that a seller should be more cautious about.

You ordered on August 3.

Today is August 15.

I personally don't expect delivery from North American sellers for 20 days and from overseas sellers for 30 days. (Usually I am pleasantly surprised.)

Paypal will ask the seller for proof of delivery, but if proof of shipping is supplied, they will hold the Dispute open long enough to allow for delivery.

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

I hate "?cute" replies. The point I was making that he never shipped. It shows as not shipped and seller refuses to supply a shipping number, any shipping number even though in the past I did get bogus shipping numbers.
There are some fantastic sellers on EBay but the site is getting more and more scammers who are skirting the rules and are playing that game very well.
There is no way to know who is a good seller and who is not. I buy a lot of items but would never buy a high ticket item on any of the sites other than Amazon. With Ebay my limit is $20.00 per item or individual order.
The average delivery from Asia is about 33-36 days, and if not received by the 55 days, I advise the seller that a claim will be initiated and if not received by the promised 63-70 days in goes a claim.
Btw the seller has not yet provided a shipping number to PayPal and again offered to refund if I give him a 5 star feedback. I guess feedback does matter as a caution to buyers at least.
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Already Escalated.
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

It shows as not shipped and seller refuses to supply a shipping number,

If the seller has not shipped (or at any rate has not marked the item as shipped) you should be able to open the eBay or Paypal dispute immediately.

With some large sellers, one of the perks they have earned is that no feedback or disputes are available to their buyers for seven days after purchase. 

Sellers can earn all sorts of perks, most of them invisible to their buyers.

If you open a Dispute and the seller provides a tracking number, eBay will hold the Dispute open long enough for delivery.

If he can't, you win the Dispute.

And get a refund.

If the item shows up later, the ethical buyer can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

AZ owes me $26.44 since January 2017 for a book I paid for that was never delivered and never refunded.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Not quite reality. I was told by CS that I have 3 options. Wait for expiration of delivery date, put in claim via PayPal or cancel CC payment. Nothing about 7 days. That is the second occurance the other was when I had to put in 116 individual on different dates when delivery dates expired and when seller was already under investigation. The scam was the money he made on the buyers that dis not put in a claim.
Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

Seven days is a red herring. Feedback can't be left for PowerSellers  for seven days -- pushing unhappy buyers to actually communicate and settle problems before leaving feedback.

There is also a Hold on INR Disputes when any seller supplies a tracking number that shows the purchase is in transit, to allow delivery. Again the idea is that the buyer and seller can use communication to settle.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

To sum it up Ebay ain't what it used to be. I do not sell. But there seems to be more schemes than you can shake a stick at and getting a hold of CS tales over 1 hour. Sellers are not replying and the only way to get attention is to put in a negative feedback and than settle for a Refund with a promise to modify feedback to a positive one. Otherwise wait at the mercy of the seller.
The system is broke and Ebay is way too slow to react and that is why buyers are leaving.
As an accountant I know that sellers cannot pay fees if no one is buying and even power sellers cannot be the solution.
I have 30 odd orders still outstanding and have stopped buying on EBay until their problems are resolved and I do like and enjoy the EBay model. For now I am cautiously switching over my purchases to their Chinese competition.
Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

"For now I am cautiously switching over my purchases to their Chinese competition."

Good luck with that. 

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Scammer sellers on ebay

And he thinks eBay is bad. Hah! 

I've been hosed on the other platforms too. Oh you uploaded video evidence but we never bothered to look at it? Too bad, seller won the case. Enjoy your defective product!

Message 40 of 44
latest reply