Sell similar is down too.....

Can't use sell similar, tells me the server is down.....

It’s not you. It’s us.

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Over the past week or 2 I have had the same issue come up.  What's up ebay?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

OK so the effect turns out to be limited.

As far as I can tell, this message ONLY comes up if:

-I do a search query on .COM

-I pick an item on the search result and do a "sell similar" for an item listed on .CA

Traditionally I could relist .CA items from a .COM query, I'm not sure why it stopped working now, but at least I know now how to sell similar on each site successfully again..... (I have to do the query on the same site the item is listed on now, just another pain)

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Really? It's a limited server issue and doesn't affect almost Canadian sellers you say? It's not my case at all, and how could you pretend being able to put on sale .CA items from US .COM in Canadian curency. It's absolutely impossible. Ok, good for you if you can handle it and use the rest of your last free 50 listing there, but on my side I still can't use my last 30 left to complete my month ending.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi Unik, unfortunately you misunderstood my message.

I was pulling up my items listed both on .CA and on .COM with a QUERY run from the .COM side.

The problem is trying to do a "sell similar" for an item listed on .CA (in $C) when one is logged on to .COM Earlier this has worked, it doesn't now. (it must have automagically switched to the .CA site before when sell similar was used for a .CA item whilst logged onto the .COM site).

A number of other things, such as invoices have to be done from the "home site" so it looks like this is the same now too.

I have a .COM store, but I do list items on both .CA (in $C) and .COM (in US$) as all of us can do.

Hopefully that clears things up....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ah ok, sorry ,i missed that one, however, i still unable to list anything on CA yet, and that is really anoying. Why it take so long to resolve this issue?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If you are getting the same message, here are some options to try:

From myEbay go to a sold listing and try selling similar from it
(a "completed" but not sold listing might work too)

The cause also might be different, it might be a good idea to clear your cache if you haven't already if the above doesn't work.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am attempting to relist items & getting the same message. Had thus problem briefly the other night then was suddenly able to do it. Not yet today. Rather annoying, wish they would get it fixed.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

IF the cause is the same as me:

You have to relist or sell similar from the same site the item is listed on.

Ie if it is listed on .CA you have to be logged onto .CA to successfully relist or sell similar
if it is listed on .COM you have to be logged onto .COM to successfully relist or sell similar

This is working for me.....so far

Message 9 of 9
latest reply