Seller Fees and Lies

30couchs
Community Member

I was way over charged fees for selling an item, spoke to many different customer service reps and was confirmed that I was approved to get $323 back, that it was approved by a manager, I have patiently waited months and have spoken to several different people who guaranteed that I would get that money back.  I still have not recieved it after waiting several months and now customer service says I will not be getting the money back even after I had been told  I would  on several occasions by different reps that I was.  I asked them to review the phone calls and they said they will but still not willing to live up to their end of the agreement and return my money to me.  I also asked for follow up which they have denied me.

I will never sell with ebay again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller Fees and Lies

" spoke to many different customer service reps "

Can you show us the transcript from the Chat you had with any eBay employee about that?

The phones just lead to subcontracted workers with poor training, little authority, and a quota to fill before they get a pee break.

They say anything to get you off the phone.

The actual eBay employees are assigned to various social media Chats, and you get a transcript of the discussion.

This is also helpful to review so you can see what you were actually told, instead of what you heard.

On a different note, how did eBay overcharge you on fees?
You do know that fees are charged on not only the selling price, but also the shipping price, any sales tax, and on any options like Promoted Listings or Auction Reserves, right?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seller Fees and Lies

Selling Taylor Swift tickets.  Uh -huh.

Ontario does not allow ticket scalping. That may be part of the problem.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Seller Fees and Lies

A - What was the item you sold?

B - What were the fees you were charged, you can see the details right down to the last penny on your transaction records.

C - Apart from this being a general rant about eBay CS, your post does not provide any relevant information to the actual issue at hand.

"I was way over charged fees for selling an item"

We need to see the details of these fees to comment on what you were charged, and what was the item you sold, FACTS and DETAILS matter.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Seller Fees and Lies

this appears to be a post and run rant...expect OP has left the building and not likely to return to give "the rest of the story"...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller Fees and Lies

Yes, I must concur this may well become one of those posts that vanishes into the file folder of threads that will reappear as a zombie thread in a few years because some future poster is too lazy to start their own thread and tag their rant onto this rant and thus becoming one of those threads one of us will probably report as a zombie thread as has happened more times than I can keep count of, there that's my rant on this matter.

(Sarcasm)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply