Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Do Listing Drafts Ever Expire?

Just wondering if draft listings ever expire or auto delete? Looking at doing some prep for items to list in the spring and early summer and was wondering about this.

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! A question regarding some stamps I found…..

I know nothing about stamps but I found these when going through my in-laws things. They travelled a lot after retirement so thinking these were bought as a souvenier? Anyway, these aren't worth much but wondered if I should bother to list them or ju...

026AE3DC-D791-4FEE-AFF3-ACE2EE9FB58C.jpeg

Latest fee increase

Regarding the latest fee inrease: Example: $20 Sale + $3.50 Shipping = $23.50 + $3.06 (13% HST) = TOTAL: $26.56 FVF = (TOTAL-Shipping) x 13.25% = $3.06HST on FVF = FVF x 13% = $.40FVFS = Shipping x 13.25% = $.46HST on FVFS = FVFS x 13% = $.06MP Fee =...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sending Invoice BEFORE a purchase

I get endless daily messages from customers asking me to send them an invoice for the items they have in their cart, and i always reply that i cant see their cart or their purchases till after they commit.I also ask them to use the REQUEST TOTAL butt...

• 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Where can I find the total sales for last year

I am trying to find the total sales for 2022 without postage paid. Everything is different this year with seller hub. I keep getting"No tax forms availableYou haven't sold enough on eBay requiring you to submit tax documentation."

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyway to avoid Fedex UPS Brokerage fees on returns?

Yes I'm aware Fedex and UPS are not supposed to charge brokerage fees on Canadian Goods being returned because they are exempt from customs and duties but they do anyways. The onus is on the buyers to state " Canadian Goods being returned" simply sta...

Seller fees out of control

I've been selling on eBay for 21 years. I am seriously reconsidering this relationship. With the company taking over payment management, seller fees have increased by over 1%, but that's really just the latest example in a string of bad faith policie...

• 18 replies
  • 3 helpful

anyone get a fraudalent charge lately? (hacker) Got a big one yesterday!

for over 700 cdn. 550 plus usd, got address from paypal website its in orogon. im in ontario, canada. just contact my credit union Monday for immediate refund? yes i changed my passwords just now, but sneaky stealer must have edited my paypal account...

Watch for the Sell & Save Promotion - 50% Off FVF's

Just received an email from eBay of a new promotion to Sell & Save. It says 50% off final value fees from Feb. 3 - 9th in several categories for up to 20 items. I haven't read the fine print but have activated it in the hopes I can make some sales an...

• 0 replies
  • 2 helpful

WATCHERS MISSING FROM ITEM LISTING PAGE

All watchers from the item listing page are missing! If you look at 25 or 50 items per page you can see the listings that have 10 or more watchers but if you click on the listing there is no watchers showing. Another eBay glitch?

Would you ship to the UK at this time?

I have had a request to ship an item to the UK. Low priced item, high shipping cost. I will have to ship tracked Pkt I think. Is it worth the risk now due to the strikes and postal problems in the UK?

Replying to Negative Feedback

Hi Everyone. Have not been on the board for awhile but I would really appreciate some feedback on this situation. I sold a necklace to what I thought was a US buyer, address was in Florida. Turns out they were in the middle east which is fine althoug...

Restricted Account

Hello,I am a Seller on eBay.ca with a Top Rated Seller Level, 100% positive Feedback, tens of thousands dollars in sales and my account is restricted. I can continue selling, just can't list items or make changes to my listings. (which means I can't ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Sales Withdrawal ?

Sup Folks. I'm curious. Can anyone relate to this?My sales are pretty consistent but I can go a day or two without a sale...which leads me with a bit of an empty feeling in some way. Melancholy....I've heard that drug users experience this when they ...

Resolved! First time "sale" issue - any recourse?

A user successfully bid for my item and then asked me to ship out of country, even though listing said Canada only. When I wouldn't they asked to cancel the order. I did, and then reported the buyer for asking for shipping to a place other than liste...

Resolved! Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update this infor

I am in Canada. I saw that I can list on .com and .ca. I now have a sale going through on .com. When I go to add my payment info, this is the message I get: Your payment information is not available on international eBay sites. To view and update thi...

Modifications to Variation/Seller Refurbished vs eBay Refurbished requirements.

Heads up to anyone this applies to. This showed up in my eBay mail this morning. Unsure of the comment where eBay states will end listings, if that means they will be purged or end up in a sellers ended listing folder. A straight forward way to ident...

Can’t open messages

Hi, I keep receiving emails telling me that users are messaging me through the eBay app, but I can’t read it unless I open it through the app. Once I go to the messages tab in the app, it keeps telling me that something went wrong and to try again la...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Listing same item on .com and .ca

If one has single items that are not something that is a fast seller is there any pitfalls with selling the same item listed on both .com and .ca, other than the obvious of two buyers buying the same item from both .com and .ca. Then facing ebays wra...

Resolved! Duplicate Listings on .ca & .com

For sellers who list on both sites (.com & .ca) under the same eBay account...I remember someone mentioning on this forum that you can't list the same Buy It Now item on .ca and .com because it's a duplicate policy violation. But I'm looking at a sec...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Option to search seller's listings gone on Ebay.com?

Is this another bonehead move by Ebay? I have tried to search other seller's listings for items i might be interested in, the way i usually do...ie click on the seller's 'items for sale' and then there is a serach box for items that particular seller...

• 37 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Sudden slow periods...then suddenly sales pick right up.

Good evening folks out there in the Universe! Do you folks notices as sellers that in eBay there is a sudden slowing of sales....and then almost a sudden pick up? This seems to be a consistent pattern I've noticed monthly.Why is this? Is it the eBay ...

Serious Pep Talk Needed

Could somebody please fill me in on why my items are selling at a snails pace?Ive used this site for a long time as a buyer and a little bit as a seller, ive googled and looked at old questions and answers on this board, so i like to think i know how...

technical problems with INR requests/refunds

Had to refund a bunch of INR requests from one international buyer/order where I overlooked red flags and went ahead without requiring tracking when I should have just cancelled. Most of them went through but there were several that wouldn't go throu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels