Shipping to both the US and UK

mmd817
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Ebay and in the process of putting the finishing touches on my first ad. In addition to shipping within Canada, I'm wondering if it's possible to set a shipping option for both the US and UK. When I click on the link to "select an international shipping service," a pop-up window opens with two separate tabs that you can alternate between in order to set a shipping option for either the US or other overseas destinations. However, when I click on a US service and then go back in to select an overseas service, it deselects the US option and replaces it with the overseas one. Is there a way to use both?

Alternatively, is it possible to post the same ad separately on both ebay.ca and ebay.co.uk? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping to both the US and UK

Ships to World wide should work.

Do you see "Exclusion List" or something to that effect lower down?

That allows you to Block countries or even entire continents.

If you can name a country in Ships Worldwide, your listings will show on that country's site in that country's currency.

But don't worry about the "high volume seller " part.  Go ahead and use it.  It's more useful.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You have to complete the US options, then click on Choose Custom Location again.

And be careful.

If you choose North and South America, your USA pricing will still be seen, but will be overidden when your Yankee customer purchases with the higher International rate.

And for both of those , unless you are using LetterMail, choose Calculated Shipping and enter the dimensions and weight of your packed item. The programmin will then show the customer how much shipping will cost him (based on his nation and in some cases zipcode).

While you're at it, not that you can EXCLUDE countries, even entire continents. 

While you are starting out, don't ship overseas. There's no real problem with the overseas customer (although there are four countries I will not ship to based on too many bad experiences) but some countries have poor customs departments or incompetent postal services.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'm not sure if you can choose a rate for the US and for other countries if you are using the simple form. At one time you couldn't.  On the top upper right of the listing form, is there an option to go to the business form?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

mmd817
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually don't see any "Choose Custom Location" option in the "Select a second international shipping service" pop-up window. All that's there is two clickable tabs, "Ships to US" and "Ships Worldwide." Am I missing something painfully obvious or is it just not there? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@mmd817 

As @pjcdn2005 mentioned, you might need to switch to the Business listing tool instead of the basic version.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@recped wrote:

As @pjcdn2005 mentioned, you might need to switch to the Business listing tool instead of the basic version.

Yeah, that sounds like it could be the problem. I found the "switch to advanced tool" option in the upper right-hand corner and clicked on it, but I get a message that says it's only recommended for high-volume sellers. Not really sure whether to go ahead and disregard it or stick to shipping within Canada and the US. I'm just a private individual who is looking to sell some of his vinyl collection and don't really plan on making a business of it or anything. With that said, it would be kinda nice to expand my potential customer base to the UK market, especially with the exchange rate on the British pound. I'd be open to suggestions from more experienced sellers as to what you would if you were in my shoes. Thanks for your input.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If you can name a country in Ships Worldwide, your listings will show on that country's site in that country's currency.

But don't worry about the "high volume seller " part.  Go ahead and use it.  It's more useful.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Just to reinforce @femmefan1946  note on exclusion list.  If you just want to sell to 2 countries, go through the exclusion list and block everything else.   You can set up a basic selling template or use "sell similar" so that you do not need to do this for every listing.

While you may only provide shipping options for the target countries, your listing is visible and available for any location that is not excluded, they just do not have a shipping quote.   If this has changed, please let me know everyone 😁     I did not do this when I started and I was getting odd shipping requests from all over the place, and even some buys that led to cancellations when I quote a high shipping price.   I just find it less headache to set up the exclusions. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Awesome. This solution worked for me. The simple listing tool just didn't have enough functionality for my purposes. Cheers, everyone, I appreciate the help.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I wish to ship an item by UPS in Canada  as it's too heavy for Canada Post yet the only shipping service ebay.ca permits is Canada Post . How do you get around this .

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@northernsurplus50 wrote:

I wish to ship an item by UPS in Canada  as it's too heavy for Canada Post yet the only shipping service ebay.ca permits is Canada Post . How do you get around this .

I don't think you can use Calculated shipping for UPS, only for flat rate (yes that's nearly useless for large/heavy packages).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

You can choose any service that you want to use whether you are listing on .com or on .ca.  On .ca, ebay only has calculated shipping for Canada Post so you would have to use a flat rate for all of Canada. But you appear to be listing on .com so you would have to use a flat rate for Canada there as well.  For shipping to Canada you would have to  specify that you are using either standard, economy or expedited 'international' shipping. 

Some of your listings only have shipping to the US but some show that you ship to Canada using USPS Priority international mail which is super expensive to Canada.  Unless you are drop shipping from the US,  it is usually less expensive to use a service within Canada for shipping here, especially for heavier items.   Also, at least one listing that shows shipping will be via ebay's standard international shipping and at least one using the global shipping program. I don't think that either program should  be used for an item already in Canada.

It's possible that they will close this thread as you have piggybacked on one from January so if they do, feel free to ask any more questions by starting a new thread.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply