Shippo for non eBay items

I've tried to use Shippo of non-eBay items a number of times but unless I can import items I always run into a glitch.

When I try to buy the label I get the message that I can't do so because the shipper (CPO) isn't supported (or something like that).

When I go to my list of carriers CPO is supported and active so I don't know what I'm missing.

Can anyone help.  🙂

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Does anyone know what the number is for Canada Post Contract ID?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Maybe. I have been able to print Shippo labels with ease for a long time now BUT I think I had to do a permissions thing from my Solutions For Small Business account side.

I seem to think I had to ask Shippo Customer Service for help. And that they told me I needed to log into CAnada Post and do..... something.... but I dont recall what that something might have been.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Let me check my old emails from Shippo and get back to you.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks.  It seems like it should be really simple but I've never been able to do it.   I'l wait for your post but getting ready to call Shippo.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have filing issues on my desktop so it's harder than it should be for me to find what seems like it should be simple. 

I found an email from Canada Post that says I signed up for the Developer Program in order to print non-ebay postage. I cannot find the silly message from Shippo though. 

If you log into Canada Post and look for Developer Program? I know it was an authorization I had to do from the CPC side somehow. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.51.14 AM.png

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Sorry, I have to rush out now and I won’t be back for a few hours. It might be faster to see what Shippo says to do, if it’s not a quick ‘add’. I recall another step to do authorization of a payment source for those non-eBay labels through the Shippo/CPC marriage too? Maybe that helps a little.

Mine was done in August so I’m a bit fuzzy on recall.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

So now I've really made a mess and can't even ship my regular eBay stuff on Shippo.  Think I'll leave this for another day.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi Sylvie,

I believe it was asked about a while ago. Now, I think the only way to create a manual shipment is by using a recent one and updating all the fields in it. It would then add any new tracking for the original shipment requiring an email to your previous buyer just informing them of what you had done. Because of how complicated this is if I have shipment outside of eBay I go directly and use the Canada post website. Another option if there is money changing hands you could send your intended receiver an invoice in PayPal to pay and that would also give you the option to create a shipment once it was paid.  Hope you are able to get everything else resolved in Shippo. If I've stated anything inaccurate, my apologies.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Personally I've never been able to sort out how to ship a non-eBay item using Shippo.  

There's really little point wasting time trying to figure it out, since we get exactly the same rates using Canada Post Snap Ship anyway with a SFSB account.   And on the CPC site you can save buyer information to re-use for future shipments if you have repeat customers.   

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

No difference except the actual differences.

Such as with SnapShip via Canada Post, the sender may only use a credit card to pay for postage and with Shippo one may use PayPal, even for the non-ebay-related labels that are the same SFSB account rates to which you refer. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

For non-ebay purchases, it won't work if you only added CP as
a carrier after joining your ebay accnt to shippo.

In shippo, under "Help center" click the buttons that say "ebay.ca info"
Click "How much does Shippo cost for eBay Canada users?"
It says: "For orders sold through eBay Canada, you will have access to eBay’s standard, negotiated Canada Post rates"... "The carrier will not bill you separately, as you are purchasing labels through eBay’s Canada Post account.
It also goes on to say you are not charged the 0.05 fee.

If you want to create a label NOT for an ebay purchase,
shippo still bills you, but gets the discount from your CP SBS rate, not through ebay CP account, then +0.05.  you have to

set up CP as a carrier without billing to the ebay CP account.

In shippo, under "Help center" click the buttons that says "Carriers"
then look down to "Canada Post"
then click "How to find your Canada Post API username and password"
It says, "you need to add your API credentials"...
"In order to automate your Canada Post shipments, you need to create a Canada Post API Username and Password by following the instructions below."
Then it shows where to get them.

good luck!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

"For non-ebay purchases, it won't work if you only added CP as
a carrier after joining your ebay accnt to shippo."

Contrary to what you're saying, that's exactly what I did in August of this year: added Canada Post after using Shippo for a year for only ebay items. Do you mean something else?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Sorry some words got left out  in the first sentence.  

I meant to say, to use shippo labels for not-ebay purchases , it won't work if you only add CP as a carrier after joining your ebay acct

unless you add it separately with API credentials coming from your CP developer acct.  

I then wrote how to get these following the links from the help center

in the rest of the post, so clearly meant it could be added after.

Original Poster:  Please Message shippo costomer service, they will probably tell you this, like they told me. 

This is the process now.  I dont know what it asked Mo for in Aug. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply