Signed Up For Managed Payments Today - Problems, of course!

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for managed payments today, considering it was my last day and I didn't want my listings to go into Ebay purgatory...

Anyway, since I discovered earlier I couldn't link any of my existing chequing accounts (that are joint and have other names listed on the account), I went out of my way to open a new chequing account in my name only, which is a secondary account on my bank card (so listed as "other" on my online banking).  When I went to link the bank account today, there was only one chequing account visible when I was linking - my primary joint chequing account.  So I had no choice but to select it.  Great.

After I was done I tried to see if I could edit it....and I found out a way to do it!  But then it only showed my primary chequing account again.  But wait!  I found a way to manually enter my "other" chequing account.  Yay!  All was good until I went to verify it - and I got a pop-up message asking me to call customer service.  Great.

So, you can all predict how that's going.  The call has gone into the Ebay Customer Service Black Hole.  I am not even convinced there's anyone even there manning the phones.  It's reminding me of contacting WestJet in April.

I've ranted about this before, but I am going to do it again:

WHY oh WHY does a company roll-out a MAJOR system change (it's our MONEY, so yeah, it's MAJOR), when it does not have the ability to properly test it and support it?  ARRRGGGHHH! You can sure bet they wouldn't implement something this shoddy for the money going the othe way!

Even if I do eventually get through to them, it'll be days after that before I can get a payout (and that's if the update even works!).  Hopefully I don't need to submit paperwork like the other lady on this group did!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member

My recollection of when my wife and I finally had to switch from Billpoint to PayPal is that we had to negotiate a few glitches or hiccups, too.  I think there were some issues associated with the credit card she wanted to use for her account having me as the primary cardholder, so the PayPal account ended up under my name instead.  Then there were some difficulties in getting our credit union account attached because the format of our account number at the time didn't conform to what PayPal wanted.

My understanding is that glitches with Managed Payments along the lines of what you're seeing are more the problem of the financial institution, otherwise we'd be flooded--Flooded, I tell you!--with posts such as yours on these boards as no Canadian chequing accounts would be working properly with Managed Payments.  I'm hoping that someone can give you a bit of positive advice or direction on this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Go to ...Help & Contact ... at the  top of this page  and do a search for.....

Managed Payments Registration

There is a lot of information here... and a lot of links.  This informatioon should help you determine what may be wrong...

This was the information I used when I registered for Managed Payments....

I had all of the required information when I registered.....  and there were no problems.

Contacting eBay... or eBay contacting you  ... will be very helpful

It is most important for eBay to have the ....  right....information about your bank account and where it is located....   all in relation to the registration for Managed Payments.

I was able to view information about my bank account when I got information when I logged onto my accounts ... online.

The one thing that helped registration was a bank document  that had my bank name   with its logo,  and all of the information about my bank account that was to be used with Managed Payments 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I appreciate the comparison with problems with PayPal, but the difference there is you can reach someone by phone to sort out the issues. I was on hold with Ebay for nearly 5 hours before I gave up.

And even though we may not be FLOODED with problems, when every other post here is about managed payments, and you can't reach a human to sort it out, I think the issue is significant enough to warrant the change a FAIL.

I think I'm going to wait until my first payout fails before trying to reach them again. Since i was still able to link my joint account, I still hold out hope that it may work, since my name appears first on the account. It certainly beats disappearing into the ebay customer service black hole again...
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

it would be nice if ebay did the same thing paypal did when setting up accounts, Paypal would send to small deposits to your linked account, say like. 3 cents, and 8cents. you would then email them back with what was deposited, and if the numbers matched you were set up for payments..

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Exactly... I mean, it's just proof that ebay didn't test all of this properly. My account linked fine... but I probably won't be able to get money in it. They give you the option of doing edits to your information on the website, only too then halt the process and force you to call a phone number that goes into a black hole.

Ebay is just doing everything wrong with this.

At least someone was able to pay today when i made a sale. But the question remains: When will I get paid!?!?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
Exactly... I mean, it's just proof that ebay didn't test all of this properly. My account linked fine... but I probably won't be able to get money in it. They give you the option of doing edits to your information on the website, only too then halt the process and force you to call a phone number that goes into a black hole.

Ebay is just doing everything wrong with this.

At least someone was able to pay today when i made a sale. But the question remains: When will I get paid!?!?

When I set things up with Tangerine they did the 2 small transactions to my Royal Bank account. Once I saw filled in the amounts and all was good. First payment from MP took just over 72 hours. The thing is your bank only sees transactions if all is good. When all isn't those funds are in a black hole somewhere. Hope you are able to figure things out!!

-Lotz

Congrats on 1000 Feedbacks!!! 👍👍👍👍

Message 7 of 7
latest reply