The result of Canada's high shipping costs

I recently purchased a bunch of Canadian made knitting yarn. I checked on eBay to find out how they were selling from Canadian sellers. There was not ONE from Canada. The shipping rates are so high. The US buyers were offering free shipping or charging around $3 to mail one skein, for me it would cost almost $8 to mail to the US, and up to $13+ within Canada.

The shipping prices have really killed this market. I used to sell $100 worth a year, now, unless it is a rare discontinued brand, almost nothing. It is sad that our own produce has to be sold only outside of Canada because of the shipping costs.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Despite this being an old thread from 2014, sellers should realize that at current time in 2023, there are options:

These days there is not a huge difference between the price of Small Packet vs Tracked Packet to USA with SFSB account... and many packages within Canada can be sent cheaper via Flat Rates Boxes instead of Expedited Parcel.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 22 of 22
latest reply