Time for a Managed Payments pinned question Board with public answers from eBay?

tyler@ebay   wrote:

- I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered issues with payouts failing!

I'm not equipped to provide support for managed payments. The best course of action is to request a contact from a Payments-trained teammate at the bottom of any payments help page, or from the payments tab of your Seller Hub.

Perhaps, since the problems that are being reported to you here are probably also problems that other sellers cannot work out how to solve, it would be possible to get a Payments-trained teammate to run a Chat that can answer those questions publically?

Having specific problems answered privately, in the long run, is probably less efficient. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Time for a Managed Payments pinned question Board with public answers from eBay?

There is already a board just for this topic!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/bd-p/23001

An open Chat session isn't going to help individual sellers with specific problems.

90% of the general problems could be completely solved if sellers would just read carefully over the information eBay has already posted in the Help section . Would also help if they had read the notifications and announcements that have been going out for the last couple of years.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

And they didn't.

So we start again.

Like reviewing last term's work, before starting this term's work.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I think a chat session would be a great idea, especially since there are repeated specific issues people are having that aren't even close to the generalized topics that are covered in Help. It would be nice to have some of those solutions documented... especially since you a) can't reach customer service; and b) front line staff aren't always trained to answer those questions, and 2nd tier/Supervisor call backs have been non-existent.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

"Notifications and Announcements" are just glorified marketing. I like to be aware that things are happening, but don't get too engrossed in the details if it's being force-fed. It's not like i had to research anything to make a decision.

My biggest beef with Managed Payments is simply the timing of the rollout. I get that life goes on, and they can't wait for Covid to be over to do everything, but they need to be able to support major changes like this.

It seems like their developers have been going hog wild making multitudes of system "improvements " over the past year, marketing and PR have been working hard to put an awesome spin on everything, but their system testing team, customer service support, trainers, and supervisors must all be on Covid-leave.

I have been extremely tolerant with the service industry for the past year... and most of the 1st world problems that go with it. Ebay is the only company I've dealt with in the past year that's unloaded major system changes. And as such, I've had more problems this past year on Ebay than I had in the ENTIRE 18 YEARS before that. To say I'm super crabby about it is an understatement...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I didn't know that existed.

Which is the problem.

Once you told us, I looked for it in Selling. Nothing there. A bunch of assorted posts but nothing longform.

Then I looked in Payments by clicking on Discussion Boards-> Buying and Selling0> Payments.

And didn't find anything there.

If I hadn't noticed that Discussion Boards was a dropdown earlier today, I would probably not have clicked on it.

What I was thinking was on the Seller Board, a pinned discussion of all the problems that sellers have.

Only Sellers because buyers have no reason to know that Managed Payments exists, they use PP, cards, ApplePay, GooglePay.

If something exists but cannot be found ... does it exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErS9HCh8GfE

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @reallynicestamps - it would definitely be helpful for all of us (myself included) if we could get a payments trained teammate to respond on the boards. To date that has been next to impossible difficult. I can usually get someone to commit to provide answers to general questions about payments but when it comes to getting help with specific questions about billing details, timelines, in-depth how tos, etc it's like shouting into the wind.

If you think it would be helpful I can probably get someone to do a weekly chat on managed payments again, but I can't promise they won't also tell you to contact CS about certain things. I just hate the idea of promising information and answers and then getting the same FAQs you could find on a Help Page. 

Let me know what you think!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

My biggest beef with Managed Payments is simply the timing of the rollout. I get that life goes on, and they can't wait for Covid to be over to do everything, but they need to be able to support major changes like this.

My understanding is that the rollout was delayed or slowed-down once already and that made an extension of eBay's agreement with PayPal necessary.  For whatever reason, another extension doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

In the meantime, one could see if any of the videos posted on YouTube by eBay or J.Q. Public are of any use or relevance to Canadian eBay sellers.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ebay+managed+payments

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Only those sellers  that already use Managed Payments can access information about Managed Payments on eBay.  That was how it was for me just before I registered for Managed Payments.

I can access all of the information about Managed Payments.... today.... on eBay

Sellers have problems with the timing for payouts.... eBay says  payouts can take 3 to 4 business days.

With me  the first few payout were daily...  Then I received payouts on a weekly basis  every Tuesday....

The timing for a payout depends on which bank has the payout bank account.

With me  eBay sends the Payout on Tuesday morning....  and it is in my bank account on the same Tuesday evening.... I use the Bank of Montreal .

I have had no problems with Payouts.....  or with Managed Payments in general.

I am able to track all of the information that relates to selling on eBay....  and that includes  all fees,  final value fees, store fees... and the GST charged by eBay.   This is the information needed to fill out my business income tax form

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I registered for MP in January. Since then all my payments have failed to enter my bank account that was properly set up as outlined. Ebay has deposited the test and removed their fees from it without a problem. I've reached out to you twice Tyler, Ebay for Business, and the Managed Payments department. I have just had a $380 shipment arrive in Ohio damaged. No money from that sale has yet been deposited. I've paid operating costs on that bank account since January.

This morning I put another call into MP.  After a lengthy wait with my charged cell phone at the ready with the same phone number for 6 years I received an eBay email saying they tried to call me and I didn't answer the call.  I placed another request for a call back. The wait time was 21 minutes. It's been 30 minutes now. 

Tyler I'm sorry you keep replying to these MP inquiries but you need to read the last words in the discussion title again. "Answers from eBAy"..... 

Why, after Selling on eBay since 2013 with 100% positive feedback, and & following the MP registration criteria last January I' m STILL not getting paid ANYTHING for ANY sales?"

Answers..    please!

Oh oh, there goes my email notification... Yep eBay just sent me another "We've tried to call you but weren't able to reach you at the phone number you gave us." Same phone number, phone works great...

Please Tyler, put your self in my place. Imagine if eBay did not pay you a single cent in a month. You have bills, family, a  mortgage. You did everything eBay asked of you and they wouldn't even communicate an explanation or  "Answer"?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Here here! Bravo! I would also like to add it's great some sellers are not having any trouble with MP!  You are the lucky ones and you're an inspiration.

That said, to get to faster solutions for us "unlucky ones",  can we please limit the "Failed Managed Payments" discussion or issues like paying for shipping problems to those who are actually having trouble? It's not helping to repeat "the name on the bank has to match the name on the eBay account". It's my understanding, after registering for MP eBay tests the accounts by depositing a small amount and they also remove fees so the accounts. They did that in my bank account so after that it should be set up. right?  I think we are all past that but if you have a helpful solution like reallynicestamps does it's great!

We could really use our money. We're getting sour. We need our postive seller outlooks restored.  I've been in sales since 1969 and know there is no such thing as a successful "Unhappy Seller". We need real answers and real solutions from eBAY.  Some are jumping ship already. 

Thanks to reallynicestamps for suggesting a great idea to get to actual answers!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Sellers have problems with the timing for payouts.... eBay says payouts can take 3 to 4 business days.

When I move my money from PP to my bank, the webpage acknowledges the transfer and says it will take 3 to 4 business days.

So no actual change there.

The only problems are that:

• With Paypal I can choose to move money at random
  • With PP I can use the accumulated money to buy stuff, and not only on eBay
  • With PP I can use the accumulated money to pay eBay fees.

It astonishes me that eBay did not think about how sellers would pay eBay fees (subscriptions, PL promotion fees) nor use the money they earn to buy on eBay.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply