US shipping options not showing up

lahabar0
Community Member

Hello! It is my first time posting on this forum, as I have been struggling a lot with setting up the shipping options of an object I want to sell. It is a fashion doll body that I am selling.

I've been selling stuff on eBay for two years already and with no problem managed to add both domestic and international shipping options to my items, my go-to options being Canada Post Expedited for domestic and the Canada Post tracked packet for US sales. However, after not selling anything since eBay stopped supporting PayPal, I decided to sell a few items. As I set up the listing page on mobile (for simplicity, because I took the pictures of the item on my phone), I found that, while I was able to add my go-to options for domestic shipping, the international/American shipping option was bugged.

International (beyond US) shipping doesn't matter much for me, but I would really like to sell my item to the USA to increase the chances of it selling. Yet, on mobile, the only options showing up were Canada Post lettermail, Fedex and UPS. No other Canada Post options were available, including my preferred, go-to Tracked Packet option. I chose one of the UPS options as a backup plan, yet after a few seconds, the option disappeared and the International Shipping setting was turned off (on mobile). The same thing happed with Fedex and even Canada Post lettermail.

Thinking that the eBay app might've been bugged, I decided to try update the listing on my laptop using the browser version. As I went to the international shipping part of the listing, I found that not a single option was showing. Not from Canada Post, UPS or Fedex. Nothing, it was a pure void. 

I ran through the forums for around an hour or so and tried to do anything that was suggested to other people with issues related to international shipping. One of them was to play around with shipping / business policies, which is what I've done by adding up all of my prefered shipping options for domestic and international.

At first, I thought I was headed to the right direction and even decided to finally upload my  listing. However, as I checked, no shipping option showed up for American buyers; it said that they should "contact the seller for a shipping quote". I brought me anxiety, because once again, eBay's international shipping calculator was broken. I had clearly precised which rate I wanted for American sellers, yet it still didn't show up on the listing. It felt incomplete and weird and I put an end on the listing. Now, I am completely lost and defeated against eBay's weird shenanigans...

As I have mentioned, I am not a first time seller, so I am completely dumbfounded as to why eBay's listing service is acting that way. By playing around with business policies, I even managed to, by carelessly deleting a whole lot of them, to also delete the payment and return policies, but (i think) that I managed to bring them back :')

So what is causing this and how do I fix this? Is it related to the settings I've put beforehand? I don't think so, as I put out my parcel details onto Canada Post's website and all the shipping quotes appeared. I just want them to be shown in my eBay listing, because I want everything to go smoothly for buyers!

Thanks and any help is appreciated! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Earlier in the week some sellers were not able to see any options other than lettermail but its been reported that is fixed now.  

Are your listing(s) on this ID as I don't see any listings right now. Are you getting an message when you try to list or are the listings going through but not showing US shipping costs? 
In some cases Canadian Post calculator does show you a price when the dimensions are smaller than their posted minimums  but ebay will not. Which US service and what weight and dimensions have you entered?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Off topic but important.

Since you rarely sell, do you have a Managed Payments account registered so that eBay can transfer your customer's payment to your checking account?
You need a chequing account with a Canadian bank and also secondary identfication. EBay asks for our SIN, but if you don't want to use that, a passport or driving license will do.

EBay does not advise new and returning sellers that they must have a Managed Payments account to be paid before they start listing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply