Updates to chat/site issues from last fall - please look at last post on chat from April 7

Qottie has posted a lot of updates, concerns, and questions on page 2 of last Wednesdays chat.

Could all posters please read his post and if they originated any of these (I know some were from a year before that) could they please reply to Qottie with any details or information as far as whether it is resolved, or still outstanding, or just forgotten due to time.

Thanks as it will do a lot to resolve these,  have them removed, or let him know what the status is.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Updates to chat/site issues from last fall - please look at last post on chat from April 7

qottie
Community Member

@dutchman48 wrote:

Qottie has posted a lot of updates, concerns, and questions on page 2 of last Wednesdays chat.

Could all posters please read his post and if they originated any of these (I know some were from a year before that) could they please reply to Qottie with any details or information as far as whether it is resolved, or still outstanding, or just forgotten due to time.

Thanks as it will do a lot to resolve these,  have them removed, or let him know what the status is.

Thanks @dutchman48!

As a shortcut, the post with my points on status can be found here.   Please let me know if you were involved in reporting this issue and / or are still having the issues.  You can reply in this thread if you like.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Updates to chat/site issues from last fall - please look at last post on chat from April 7

I just sent you a private message

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

My issue:

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't 

I believe this was a post from musicyouneed on Sep 28, 2016.  @musicyouneed - has your issue been resolved?  If not let me know via message or start a new thread and I will get someone to look into it.

No it is still outstanding some show and some don't.   I have over 210 items that are being watched right now only about 10 items show that they have any watchers.  

watchers again.jpg

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If I can remember correctly on .com we have economy shipping for international which I use for both Canada and the US and international.  On .ca we only have economy shipping for domestic and not for international shipping.  For the US shipping, on .ca, I use actually use USPS media mail which is economy mail and because it is a .ca site I do not have that option.  It can take up to 10 days.  I would like to have that option to use economy mail on my international shipping on .ca.  it was never solved.    

Raphael's response:

Hi musicyouneed,

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy

I have a standing request with the shipping team for adding Economy Int'l Shipping on eBay.ca, but it's unlikely that they will be able to accommodate until 2017.  

We are now half way through 2017

economy shipping.jpg

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

My issue:

• Some Search pages show watchers, some don't 

I believe this was a post from musicyouneed on Sep 28, 2016.  @musicyouneed - has your issue been resolved?  If not let me know via message or start a new thread and I will get someone to look into it.

No it is still outstanding some show and some don't.   I have over 210 items that are being watched right now only about 10 items show that they have any watchers.

Thanks @musicyouneed.  I found out that we have a bug submitted to our technical teams, but it has not yet been fixed.  I have updated the weekly post and we will keep it on our list of ongoing items.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

If I can remember correctly on .com we have economy shipping for international which I use for both Canada and the US and international.  On .ca we only have economy shipping for domestic and not for international shipping.  For the US shipping, on .ca, I use actually use USPS media mail which is economy mail and because it is a .ca site I do not have that option.  It can take up to 10 days.  I would like to have that option to use economy mail on my international shipping on .ca.  it was never solved.    

Raphael's response:

Hi musicyouneed,

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy

I have a standing request with the shipping team for adding Economy Int'l Shipping on eBay.ca, but it's unlikely that they will be able to accommodate until 2017.  

We are now half way through 2017

economy shipping.jpg

@musicyouneed

I am not sure on the status of adding Economy Int'l Shipping on eBay.ca.  However, I am wondering why you need "Economy Int'l" vs. "Standard Int'l" which is currently offered on eBay.ca?  They both have 1 - 15 day delivery estimates, so they are the same service level.  You are obviously welcome to use whatever mail carrier you like to fulfill through either choice.  

We don't offer USPS services specifically on the eBay.ca site, though as you know you can buy USPS postage on eBay.com.

Let me know if there is a specific reason to make this change and I will look into it.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

"We don't offer USPS services specifically on the eBay.ca site, though as you know you can buy USPS postage on eBay.com."

I think that is part of the problem and could be fixed rather easily as many Canadian sellers, located in Canada and wishing to use eBay.ca, do use USPS to ship purchases to their customers (either directly if they live near the border or through a forwarding agent).

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hi qottie, I use economy shipping on .com  for all and it has worked out perfectly.  We have economy for Canadian domestic shipping on .ca but not on international shipping.  For international, any of my received late has been due to postal systems, especially Australia.  

Raphael stated that we would have it in 2017.  

I do buy US postage through stamps.com and then take my parcels to a courier who takes it across the border to mail.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi qottie, I use economy shipping on .com  for all and it has worked out perfectly.  We have economy for Canadian domestic shipping on .ca but not on international shipping.  For international, any of my received late has been due to postal systems, especially Australia.  

I do buy US postage through stamps.com and then take my parcels to a courier who takes it across the border to mail.  

Hi @musicyouneed.  

I understood your point the first time about Economy not being offered on eBay.ca.  My question was why you are looking to get access to Economy International on eBay.ca, instead of just using Standard International which offers the same service timeframes as listed on eBay.ca?  Just looking to clarify what differences you expect between the two services?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"We don't offer USPS services specifically on the eBay.ca site, though as you know you can buy USPS postage on eBay.com."

I think that is part of the problem and could be fixed rather easily as many Canadian sellers, located in Canada and wishing to use eBay.ca, do use USPS to ship purchases to their customers (either directly if they live near the border or through a forwarding agent).

Hi pierrelebel

Your feedback is completely fair.  We are aware that a lot of sellers do buy USPS postage.  To date it has been difficult for us to offer up, but we think that some upcoming product changes will allow us to get there eventually. I can't comment on when it would happen, but we are definitely looking at ways we could bring USPS postage as an option for Canadian sellers.  Keep posted - hopefully we can get something in place. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

"looking at ways we could bring USPS postage as an option for Canadian sellers. "

Maybe eBay-Canada should be looking at taking baby steps.

It would be rather easy to add "USPS" as a method of shipping until such time as eBay-Canada can actually offer USPS postage and rates.  It is not the perfect solution but would allow Canadian sellers to show USPS as their method of shipping when using fixed shipping charge (or free shipping) to the USA.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Why on .com am I able to use economy for international.  On .ca I can only use economy for domestic, why do we not have it for international.   I would definitely use it for more days.   

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I will check to see what the status is of the request and get back to you when I have a response.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@qottie wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi @musicyouneed.  

I understood your point the first time about Economy not being offered on eBay.ca.  My question was why you are looking to get access to Economy International on eBay.ca, instead of just using Standard International which offers the same service timeframes as listed on eBay.ca?  Just looking to clarify what differences you expect between the two services?

Thanks.

The two services shouldn't be the same. They aren't the same on .com.

For example with a 1 day handling to the UK, standard international on .ca shows -

4- 10  business days- That means that if you purchase today, I mail tomorrow, you might receive it in the UK by Friday? unlikely (the first day used to show as 5 days, I'll explain that in my next post)

If I list on .com standard international shipping to the UK, 1 day handling on .com shows an arrival of 5-10 days, a little more realistic but that still says gives the package 4 days to arrive after the handling time.

Economy international on .com to the UK shows 5-13 bus days so the time is slightly longer although I don't understand why the first day of arrival for standard and economy is the same. (note that  when we use standard or economy shipping from outside of the US, the time difference is much greater so why are standard and economy so close with overseas time?)

The time factor on many of the services should be looked at as it doesn't make sense to tell a buyer that it might be there in 4 days when chances are slim that it will be there that quickly.  It is better to under promise and over deliver although ebay seems to do the opposite.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

There are a number of other issues with the shipping times but right now I would like to mention one more.

Our handling time is not always being added properly. on to the time showing to the buyers. For example,

the UK delivery time for standard international on .ca used to say 5-10 days but at one point the handling time got dropped off of the first day and it changed to 4-10. I think that at the same time we lost that extra day on all listings where we used standard international shipping. 

The same is true for standard international on .com.  On the listing form it gives 5-10 days for shipping from outside of the US. The handling time should be added to that but with a 1 day handling, the buyer sees 5-11 days. Actually I thought at one point that it said 7-12 days but I'm not certain of that.

I do believe that many of the international services dropped the handling time from the first  day of the eta.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply