View my items on ebay.com and you'll see no pictures: a glitch?

The latest in a series of glitches making me ready to pull my hair from its roots.

Looking at my active listings on ebay.com and 9/10 items have no photos. They've vanished. But only for ebay.com, my older listings. As in not the ones I created last month.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-PIXAR-Cars-THE-CONVOY-BROTHERS-RV-DINOCO-diecast-EXCLUSIVE-D23-SEALE...

Shows as:

Hello! I have 12 beautiful high-quality photos here when viewed on ebay.ca!Hello! I have 12 beautiful high-quality photos here when viewed on ebay.ca!

HALP! 

@happy_pigeon or tyler@ebay

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: View my items on ebay.com and you'll see no pictures: a glitch?

Nope, I just clicked the link you gave above. I'm viewing it on .com. The currency shows in CAD because of my location.

I took a new screenshot that shows the URL as well:

3-6-2018 3-25-40 PM.png

Whenever one of the sites I'm building is acting up, I usually try a hard refresh (Shift + F5) a few times, or if it's really annoying me, check to see how it looks on mobile. Sometimes it's a sticky cache serving up older content.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Also, my Listing Frame is 2002.

Ew, not happy to see you againEw, not happy to see you again

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@momcqueen Hmm, looks fine on my side...

3-6-2018 3-16-09 PM.png3-6-2018 3-16-46 PM.png

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Mercifully, the listings look exactly as they should on ebay.ca.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING OVER THERE?

Can't the programmer guys be given a toy pretend site to play with instead of wrecking this one? 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for checking, @happy_pigeon but I think you might be looking at it on ebay.ca. 

If you try the same listing on ebay.com, don't you see no pics and the old store listing frame? The ebay.ca looks exactly as it should, most of my listings on ebay.com, however, are toast.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

This is the ebay.com version of the same listing.... same view essentially as most of my listings right now.....

My listing, my beautiful listing, what have you done to it?My listing, my beautiful listing, what have you done to it?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Oh wait, maybe happy_pidgeon's screenshot is from ebay.com. 

Hmmm. 

Why would it show different things to different people?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

That's weird.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Nope, I just clicked the link you gave above. I'm viewing it on .com. The currency shows in CAD because of my location.

I took a new screenshot that shows the URL as well:

3-6-2018 3-25-40 PM.png

Whenever one of the sites I'm building is acting up, I usually try a hard refresh (Shift + F5) a few times, or if it's really annoying me, check to see how it looks on mobile. Sometimes it's a sticky cache serving up older content.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Well, thank you! I can set my panic aside at least knowing that you can see the pics even if I cannot, meaning that not all viewers will see the no-photo version. Would you be able to hazard a guess as to the reason it may show different things to different users?

And thank you for checking it. 

That is a relief to me. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I think it might be just "one of those things", but let's wait and see if anyone else chimes in with what they see.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Will do, and thanks for talking me down from the ledge. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I seem to remember* this happening from time to time in the past, even years ago.

I seem to remember* this happening to me where everyone else could see my pictures but me.

It went away on its own in those situations, I've quit worrying about stuff unless it shows as a problem for many hours/days now...

*I seem to remember what I had for breakfast today....this getting older is a pain 😞

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Unfortunately no. They are fixing the errors on the fly using white out and can't see the screen any longer 🙂

-CM

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I checked the listing on multiple browsers, and checked once while logged in and once while logged out. Every time looked fine, just like what @happy_pigeon posted.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

Will do, and thanks for talking me down from the ledge. 

None of us were yelling "JUMP", and,,, from a song I've heard, Don't worry, be happy.

I'm sure you know, ebay glitches, are a fact of life here.

Btw, your listings look great from Burnaby, hopefully the rest of the world can see them also.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply