Warning: Delayed/Missing 'Payment Received' emails from Paypal on Items Paid with Funds Received

Sellers, watch your Selling Managers for orders to ship of which you may be unaware due to delayed or missing emails from paypal.

As occurs from time to time, there is an issue with delayed notice from paypal that a payment has been received.

My most recent item was paid two hours ago and no notice/email has yet been received from paypal stating, "You've Got Funds!" or whatever it is that the email states to let a seller know it's time to pack and dispatch. The money is confirmed to be in my paypal account. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Warning: Delayed/Missing 'Payment Received' emails from Paypal on Items Paid with Funds Received

I tend to check my PP account for payments BEFORE opening either email or eBay.

Then I can print out my order from there, without worrying about its accuracy or provenance.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

especially true for those with rogers.com email accounts Thursday evening as emails were getting bounced.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Yes I missed some ebay sales notices that have never shown up.

I'm only getting paypal payment messages from early this morning so far.....
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

bl32
Community Member

In addition to "You've got money" I am also missing "You've sent money." notifications.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

PP must be on an early March Break, I'm still waiting for some Payment notices since Friday. It makes it harder to run a business this way. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Instant payment received from XXXX at 7:30 am from my sale yesterday mid-afternoon. Interestingly, the buyer's email address was an @rogers.com one.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Mine are running about 24 hours behind now.... just getting yesterday mornings.

Mine are all around the world, I do not think any specific ISP is affected as the payments are (eventually) arriving in the same order that they were paid...

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Missing one from PayPal from yesterday too. I did notice something different though. My email from eBay said "Your item sold. You agreed to ship to buyer within 1 business day(s). Please promptly ship the item to ensure buyer satisfaction." Doesn't the eBay message usually say to ship when proof of payment has been received? Meaning receiving an email from PayPal. I did, of course, check my PayPal account and yes, payment had been made. Still, that is a very odd message from eBay. Or am i not remembering correctly?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Hi vintage, I believe the problem is only that PAYPAL isn't sending the emails in a prompt manner. The money arrived as it should, we just haven't been told yet via email. As far as ebay knows the buyer paid and the money is with paypal, and in that case you're going to get the usual messages from ebay, and as you noticed, you actually did get paid....

It is a PITA though because I use the payment emails in my processes here and having to go manually get them out of PAYPAL is irritating...

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

That's odd. Was it listed on ebay.com or ebay.ca or can you tell if it was sold on ebay.com as opposed to ebay.ca? 

The reason I ask is because my notice of item sold from ebay said what it always does: "You did it! Your item sold. Please ship this item to the buyer after your buyer pays. As soon as your buyer pays, print your eBay shipping label" but it was listed on ebay.ca and presumably sold on ebay.ca as it went to a fellow Canadian. I wonder if ebay.com is changing the message in their Sold messages to seller's to coincide with the handling time changes as part of the Spring Seller Update.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi vintage, I believe the problem is only that PAYPAL isn't sending the emails in a prompt manner. The money arrived as it should, we just haven't been told yet via email. As far as ebay knows the buyer paid and the money is with paypal, and in that case you're going to get the usual messages from ebay, and as you noticed, you actually did get paid....

It is a PITA though because I use the payment emails in my processes here and having to go manually get them out of PAYPAL is irritating...

Precisely. Sometimes I have items sit unpaid for days so a message telling me it's Sold is only white noise. I don't get excited until something is paid because that is what means there's business to take care of. And I offer same-day dispatch so the moment an item is paid is relevant to me moreso than the time it was taken off active listings. The messages from paypal that the payment is made is paramount. Unless ebay would like to start telling us when an item was paid instead of sold. Or, is that a setting? Maybe it is and I just haven't seen it?

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I am waiting for 2 payment notices from yesterday and confirmed in Paypal that the payments are there.

This email issue seems to occur far more than it should.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That's odd. Was it listed on ebay.com or ebay.ca or can you tell if it was sold on ebay.com as opposed to ebay.ca? 

The reason I ask is because my notice of item sold from ebay said what it always does: "You did it! Your item sold. Please ship this item to the buyer after your buyer pays. As soon as your buyer pays, print your eBay shipping label" but it was listed on ebay.ca and presumably sold on ebay.ca as it went to a fellow Canadian. I wonder if ebay.com is changing the message in their Sold messages to seller's to coincide with the handling time changes as part of the Spring Seller Update.

If they buy and pay at the same time this is in my ebay email notices: (I'm on .COM)

"Congratulations, your item sold and it's been paid for."

"It's time to pack up your item and ship it out. Make sure you send it within 2 days, the handling option you selected in your listing."

If they buy and haven't paid yet, this is in my ebay email notice:

"Great news, your item sold. Now it's time to get it ready."

"Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment. We'll send your buyer a reminder to pay within 48 hours."

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Very interesting. Thanks. The wording is slightly different on eBay.ca.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

I just received my 2 from yesterday

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

PayPal payment emails delays continue, seems about a 12-hour delay. I think it was about  a17-hour delay yesterday.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Moments ago had two sales with immediate payments so it looks like things are back to "normal" again....
Message 18 of 18
latest reply