What does this mean? See photo.

I was trying to list a Bee Gee's CD and this is what was showing. problem.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did Robin die?  Sometimes right after an entertainer kicks there is a rush of product "celebrating their life".

Otherwise - pretty goofy.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I don't think so.  I took a look at the track listing (songs) to see if maybe it had a word in it that was not acceptable.  I listed something later and it was fine, just something about this one doesn't work.  I may try listing it without the tracks and then add the tracks later.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I tried to list it without the track listing and it was the same issue.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I even tried to sell similar of another Bee Gees cd and still same thing.  This is never happened to me before.  I am listing it for $12 Cdn, not price gouging.  Anyone have any ideas.  I might need to call ebay tomorrow. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Suggest comparing the titles (or details) of both the ones that failed.

Check to make sure there are no words that are anything to do with COVID like sanitizer, I don't know if toilet paper is still but you get what I mean.

We've seen the "bots" pull weird things from combos of words before. I can't see any but I'm not that good at that kind of puzzle!

If both listings had the problem the same sequence of letters or words is causing it.

Unless of course there has been a run on Bee Gees stuff!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Could just be a glitch.

I'm finding eBay seems to be the place to have weird things happen to you that even baffle the techs.

For example, for 3 days my Create Listing button did not work. Just this week my drop down menus during new listing creation disappeared. Everything had to be typed in.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @musicyouneed - well I guess we can't underestimate the healing power of the Bee Gees.. 😉

However, I think in this case we can get your CD listed without too much headache, but we may need to prune your title or description a bit. 

Would you mind getting me a screenshot of your description? Or just the actual text. I'm pretty sure that the filters are hitting something there. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@musicyouneed 

Hmm...Is one of the  song titles JJJJive talking? Hiding something in code?  Sorry had to ask.  🙂 I got that exact same message awhile back trying to list a bulk package of baby wipes for a friend. That I wasn't authorized to sell. I don't remember anything to do with price gouging.  It was at fair market value. Figured it was just something Covid related that caused the block. For a CD to be blocked, sounds strange. Maybe anything disco is now banned?

-Lotz

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

That's bizarre.  You might want to ask tyler about that one.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hmm... okay.

@musicyouneed - will you try removing the bit in your description that says, "Please note I use eBay's "pre-filled listing" information because I believe using it is necessary for success on eBay at this time.   However, at times eBay's "pre-filled information" is sometimes wrong.  I take photos of the front booklet, CD and back page.  If you have any questions please email me."

If you still get the error after that please let me know! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@musicyouneed  - great to hear!! I'm glad that's sorted out at least, though I am disappointed to learn that the Bee Gees may not be the panacea the bots thought it was. 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 14
latest reply