Why don't items from Canada sell as well as items from the USA?

Just curious about something. I have been selling things on Ebay.ca for about 15 years now and I have noticed that items I list usually sell for far less than the identical item that is sold by a seller in the USA. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? I have 100 percent feedback and take pride in what I sell. Is there a reason for this? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Why don't items from Canada sell as well as items from the USA?

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I'm in Victoria and while I can see the USA from my back porch (well, the Olympic Mountains from Willows Beach a short walk away), the ChitChat you mention is in Vancouver.

That's a half hour drive to the ferry and an hour and a half to the Vancouver ferry terminal, then an adventure into the wilds of Vancouver. (One of my husband's hobbies is getting lost in Vancouver. Every. Single. Time.)

I'd love to be able to use them and I do promote them (and other re-shippers) as much as possible. Then I go and cry into my latte.

OK, as a former Vancouver and Victoria resident (15 and 17 years respectively), yet originally an Ontarian, I have to chime in here.  🙂

There is a dangerous illness, endemic to southern Vancouver Island.  It may cut you off from your eastern friends and relations, who may fear moving to Victoria and contracting it.  It starts when you find you can't help but talk about strolling on beaches, gazing at mountains, flowers in February, etc., while bemoaning the ferry rides and lamenting access to things Torontonians might have available.   Be warned!  Bwwwaaahhhhaaahaaa...

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

We recently emailed invitations to our 50th anniversary celebration to family across Canada.

So I get to show many of them what I have been telling them about (and what we have kept secret).

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Congratulations on your upcoming 50th Anniversary. That's a milestone of which you can surely be proud. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply