any one else had their listings for coins cancelled by ebay lately?

I received an email stating that ebay cancelled my listing for listing violations, which surprised me because I have been selling for the last two years with the same listing format.  When I phone all the other person could tell me is I needed to have a certificate of Authenticity.  Now one of my listings did and it was still cancelled.  the other coins were circulated coins that were clearly described as such and had the pictures front and back.  I sent an email three days ago asking them to let me know where I violated the listing policy so I can correct my listings, no response from them yet.

I am not impressed with their customer service and was wondering if any one else had a similar situation or have suggestions so to help with my listing.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: any one else had their listings for coins cancelled by ebay lately?

My guess some busy body just reported a listing for some reason? Just relist it no big deal don't take any thing that EBay does serious:-) Your just a number to them next
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Lets be honest eBay customer service is a joke.

I had very similar situations occur to me as of recently. Had a listing for a lot of DVD's, eBay removed the listing. I asked why, they said it was removed as I need to specify exactly what movies and genres of movies are included. 

I thought to myself that is odd I generally specify which movies are included in lots, so I checked the listing and it turns out I did include the genres in the item specifics and the titles of the movies in the description.

A few weeks later it was removed again, they told me my item is a "Mystery item" which could be misleading to buyers.

I didn't even know how to respond to how stupid the rep sounded when she was explaining that to me. All I could do is laugh and thank her for time.. (aka wasting my time).

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

You shouldn't relist those items until you find out for sure what the problem with them is as you could risk your sellers account.  It's possible that it was some sort of glitch and that a bot took them down but that doesn't mean they won't be taken down again.

I'm not sure what to suggest other than to be persistent and phone ebay during the week. I've heard if you phone in the morning you are more likely to get a U.S. rep but I don't know if that is true or if that will help.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Please take a look at: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/authentication.html

Read again the section about which certification or grading services a seller is allowed to use.  From what I can see from your recent listings, you mentioned another grading service (ICCS) and that infraction is most likely the source of your current problem.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The op has sold for two years it is likely they know the listing rules, some competitor likely did not want competition on the same item, just list you folks are letting EBay
Control your thoughts, EBay only listens too volume sellers not the little guys... Have you noticed high volume sellers mostly have 5 stars on shipping do they have some mystical control once a package is in mail ?
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@2014sportsterguy wrote:
My guess some busy body just reported a listing for some reason? Just relist it no big deal don't take any thing that EBay does serious:-) Your just a number to them next

Really really bad advice!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Really
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Another thought, several stamp dealers have had their listings cancelled because they were listing stamps from countries currently boycotted by the USA.

Even pre- revolution Cuban stamps.

Is that a possibility?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

thank you

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Never re-list a widget that has been cancelled by eBay. That will start the policy violations piling up.

Re-do the listing.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@2014sportsterguy wrote:

Really really bad advice!

Yup, I agree, really bad!  If a seller keeps relisting items that eBay has taken down, eventually eBay will restrict his selling ability, and possibly even kick him off the site.  Which is fine if one has no interest in continuing to sell successfully on eBay. 

I agree that the OP should take the warning seriously, make sure he figures out what the problem is, make sure he fixes it, and only then relist.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Seriously? The only one you thank is the guy with 0 FB (yes, posting ID yadda yadda) and the bad advice that every other poster warned you about.

What do you pay him for?- Doctor Simon Tam

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Your more then welcome friend !
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I had a couple coin listings removed last year due to a similar explanation.....vague.  I called in and eventually got a CS rep to explain that the 2 coins were from countries that do not allow their coins to be sold on eBay.....Sri Lanka and Rwanda.  Wierd because the 2 coins were listed for over 2 years as Buy it Now Good Til Cancelled listings and nobody ever complained about them before.  I still see people selling coins from these countries now.

Do not relist the coins!, you might have more problems than just eBay's policy violations.  Who knows what these countries are capable of doing if you mess with their rules...??.......    I'll just sell a different coin instead 😉 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

That is interesting, bit hard to keep up with all the rules if a casual seller, I did notice the OP has bids on the ICCS coins.

I have lost track of what is allowed but ICCS is a well known and reputable coin grading company.

I never knew selling coins could be dangerous  Smiley Happy) maybe will start Alpaca wool knitting, really.Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Thank you everyone for the advice I listed the coins as a new listing and added or removed words to make it more in line from what I could see in the rules.  So far so good and I still have not received any response from ebay to my email questions.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply