cant list item due to shipping issue

Hello need some help listing an item. im getting stuck on the shipping section of creating the listing. the item is heavy at 80 lbs, canada post wont ship over 65 lbs and i cannot get any other shipping options other then canada post. no option for fedex. ive tried listing on both .ca and .com  on .com i get an error because im shipping from canada and cant calculate shipping.

is there anything i can do? any help is appreciated thank you

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was under the impression that eBay had an arrangement with UPS. Is there any reason you don't want to deal with them?

I'd suggest getting a price from your FedEx account for shipping to the farthest possible destinations (Florida, Hawaii, Nunavut) and massaging those numbers to get a  price you won't lose too much money on.

Remember, in Canada you are most likely to sell where most people live.

Then put that massaged number in as a Flat Rate.

Some items are not meant for mail order.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I was under the impression that eBay had an arrangement with UPS. Is there any reason you don't want to deal with them?

I'd suggest getting a price from your FedEx account for shipping to the farthest possible destinations (Florida, Hawaii, Nunavut) and massaging those numbers to get a  price you won't lose too much money on.

Remember, in Canada you are most likely to sell where most people live.

Then put that massaged number in as a Flat Rate.

Some items are not meant for mail order.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your help! Was able to calculate some flat rates for CA and US and with that option had fedex as a shipping option. Also was able to select that international buyers contact for a shipping quote.

Appreciate the help, Cheers!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply