eBay Canada Insertion Fee & Store Subscription Updates

10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay Canada Insertion Fee & Store Subscription Updates

They make it look like it's an upgrade but with this announcement it's to be expected that they'll stop the 100k ZIF in april. So it's just a lost for sellers. This change seems like they try to hit sellers with a certain amount of listings to force them to subscribe and that this was maybe all planned. Thinking about it, they offered free listings for months so small sellers upgraded to 300-400-500 listings, and bang they offer a store subscription free insertion number that literally aim those sellers now. They counter what was forcing them to renew the 100k ZIF every month (sellers ending listings to under 200 and making it a loss for ebay)

It may sounds like a conspiracy theory but that's what i see. If the 100k ZIF is gone i personally will end my listings again and i hope other sellers in the 200-300 listings range who can afford it will do the same

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Actually it's gonna be 250 listings for non store i missed it. That's an upgrade but still awful to pay an insertion fee while we already have a selling fee

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have 450 listings and a basic store, I'm good with this.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I haven't had a store on eBay for about 14 years, so have been getting by alternating my 1000+ listings. However, I have also always had a couple of other sites to sell on besides eBay, so this loss of the high allotment of free listings on eBay won't hit me that hard as I have been dealing with the 200/month here on eBay up until the extras handed out during Covid. I also use the 250 free listings as provided by eBay .COM I will be utilizing my other selling venues...I never depend on eBay for anything ... eBay has the highest FVFs of the sites I list on, so will deal with whatever happens here on eBay by being more selective of what I list on eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If the 100k ZIF is gone

No "if" about it, the end scheduled for Dec 31st was announced in October and then few days later extended to the end oif March.

The new allotment of listings brings .ca into line with the US which never had the 100,000 and received the increases we are getting all of last year.

Did you seriously expect the free listing bonanza to go on forever?

Maybe you were not around in the earlier days of eBay, up until about 2011 the free listing promos were a single day event ONCE a year, listing fees started at 35 cents (sub $10 listings) and went UP UP UP from there (50 cents for a $10 - $25 price, 75 cents up to $50, $1 up to $100 etc etc.)

During that period at least 50% of my eBay fees were for listing only,  sure the fvf's were much lower but overall the total amount of fees were not that much less than they are today unless you had all high value items where listing fee are not significant.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No "if" about it, the end scheduled for Dec 31st was announced in October and then few days later extended to the end oif March

It's not a gift to sellers from eBay though. They make it looks like it but it's obvious they renew it because they make more money by letting people listing more for free (increases also prove that). I started selling past august i think and never paid a single insertion fee yet. So yeah i'm not taking this like a promotion, i'm taking this as something that should be a standard. I pay around 17% fees i don't think i'm crazy to say that's enough

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I actually am glad that they increased the number of listings on the different store subscriptions. When they offered all the free listings last year, I downgraded from the Premium store to the Basic store. Now that all the free lisings are ending, I was going to have to go back up to the Premium store. But since they increased the number of fixed listings to 1000 on the Basic store, I can now stay where I am. I ususally list close to 1000 items or so. So happy about that.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I downgraded from Premium to Basic and have been keeping an eye on my Seller Hub so that I don't go over the "free" listings in my Store subscription.

I'm not as salty about the listing fees. The Store subscription says I have 1000 "free" listings but to get that I have to pay $25 for the Store*.  Which means each listing costs 2.5 cents if I could use them all. Since I usually only have about 750, each costs me 3.33cents.

As a wise man once said "TANSTAAFL".

*And a coupon for shipping supplies and lower FVF, of course. Any other benefits to a subscription?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I downgraded from Premium to Basic and have been keeping an eye on my Seller Hub so that I don't go over the "free" listings in my Store subscription.

I'm not as salty about the listing fees. The Store subscription says I have 1000 "free" listings but to get that I have to pay $25 for the Store*.  Which means each listing costs 2.5 cents if I could use them all. Since I usually only have about 750, each costs me 3.33cents.

As a wise man once said "TANSTAAFL".

*And a coupon for shipping supplies and lower FVF, of course. Any other benefits to a subscription?

Only other benefit I am aware of ability to sort your listings into categories of YOUR choosing. That perk is worth it in gold to some sellers vs the current needle in haystack system with reduced less apprapo  eBay categories

-Lotz

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Promotion Manager.......

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply