ebay listing tool is broken in Canada

Today' date November 7, 2022  - - - for the last 4 or 5 days have been getting this message

Well, this is embarrassing.
We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second.
Please try again later.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: ebay listing tool is broken in Canada

I haven't had any problems personally and have been working on drafts the last few days. I use Safari on a desktop computer (my preferred way with the least problems). There have been other issues on the site and glitches I've been reading about but not seen anything about the listing tool (other than it is a challenge to get used to!)

Maybe try signing out of eBay and coming back in (this has helped me when occassionally my photos won't load), or if you're doing it from your phone try a computer or vice versa.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

No problems with the new eBay listing page, although I don't use it much as I go to a work-around that allows me to continue with using the old form. I have Firefox on a desktop computer...

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

No problems here either. You might want to try cleaning your cache and history to see if that helps.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Hi @iekphilatelics 

I'm having gliches too.  Mainly with getting numbers I input to boxes to "stick". For example in the Best Offer/ Mininum Acceptable Offer/ box I always have to enter the amount twice.  In the shipment weight boxes the Kilogram box is fine but the Grams box won't stick until I enter the amount the second time. 

The other thing that bugs me isn't a gliche but an oversight.  I brought this up when the new form was released in Canada. You can't CANCEL at the bottom of listings or templates. Your choices are to back out, close the window or Save For Later. This causes everything you want to abandon to go to Drafts. It can clutter up your list of drafts. Then you might accidentally delete a draft in progress instead of the one you wanted to abandon.

You also have to delete the abandoned drafts by choosing them and clicking delete.  Of course all of this goes ignored by the form. ,, You have to click delete AGAIN to get to the "Are You Sure" option that should have appeared the first time you click "Delete". 

Ay Yi Yiiii... ;>}  I do like the photo section though.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi @iekphilatelics 

I'm having gliches too.  Mainly with getting numbers I input to boxes to "stick". For example in the Best Offer/ Mininum Acceptable Offer/ box I always have to enter the amount twice.  In the shipment weight boxes the Kilogram box is fine but the Grams box won't stick until I enter the amount the second time. 

The other thing that bugs me isn't a gliche but an oversight.  I brought this up when the new form was released in Canada. You can't CANCEL at the bottom of listings or templates. Your choices are to back out, close the window or Save For Later. This causes everything you want to abandon to go to Drafts. It can clutter up your list of drafts. Then you might accidentally delete a draft in progress instead of the one you wanted to abandon.

You also have to delete the abandoned drafts by choosing them and clicking delete.  Of course all of this goes ignored by the form. ,, You have to click delete AGAIN to get to the "Are You Sure" option that should have appeared the first time you click "Delete". 

Ay Yi Yiiii... ;>}  I do like the photo section though.

I've also observed that if you inadvertently add an extra keystroke when entering a field (numbers/amounts) system clears the data. Major annoyance. This is been happening since implementation of this new tool. Some of the specifics that have options will NOT let you add new one's when they are known. Same goes for adding multiple choices when you are listing a mixed lot. It's (A) or nothing. They did fix the view so that you could accept any new text filled into an item specific. Before the checkbox disappeared off screen and became unaccessable. Makes that step much easier. It does get a bit cranky if you fill in with a long detailed description. I believe number of characters can vary per field.

The not having a Don't Save/Delete was a weird miss. Cut and paste can take several attempts before system accepts. And tool doesn't even come with spellcheck. Huh? Even preview seems a bit clunky. I've gone to close a listing preview and its moved directly to draft on a few occasions without letting me complete. 

-Lotz

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Hi @iekphilatelics 

Yeah, this one has been happening to me too. Very annoying. It often happens when inputting a UPC / ISBN, where half way through it clears it. Also when adding actors / musicians in media.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

jodylang
Community Member

I just got back on eBay to sell some of my stuff and right now the listing form keeps adding free USA shipping to all my listings! I just want to slap flat rate for Cnaada and the USA (because its all gonna file under expedited parcel anyway ~$20) but it keeps adding the free us shipping option, even if I remove it.

Anyone heard an ETA on getting this fixed? I might need to go back to Etsy lol >_<

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I haven't had that problem.  For international shipping are you specifying flat rate shipping rather than calculated and are you typing in the amount?  Are you using a PC or the app? 

You could try using a generic shipping option such as standard international.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I haven't had that problem.  For international shipping are you specifying flat rate shipping rather than calculated and are you typing in the amount?  Are you using a PC or the app? 

You could try using a generic shipping option such as standard international.

Sounds like there are several tech issues in play. From info not sticking or saving incorrectly,  free shipping for Intl customers when no Intl shipping is offered to the APP where the only shipping option that shows is letter mail. There may be others but that's what I am hearing. And in recently speaking to CS they could not give me an open ticket number.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

are you creating a brand new listing from scratch?   I always use the 'sell similar'  option of some current listing i have,  when i create a new listing and then modify anythng that needs changing....which is sometimes virtually everything.  I've had very little problem with the new listing tool doing it this way, other than the fact my shipping option keeps getting changed by ebay.  As long as i notice it i can change it back.

I did have one day where my shipping changes would not upload, but that only lasted about an hour and then they uploaded fine.

i do my listings on a PC using Edge.  

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

are you creating a brand new listing from scratch?   I always use the 'sell similar'  option of some current listing i have,  when i create a new listing and then modify anythng that needs changing....which is sometimes virtually everything.  I've had very little problem with the new listing tool doing it this way, other than the fact my shipping option keeps getting changed by ebay.  As long as i notice it i can change it back.

I did have one day where my shipping changes would not upload, but that only lasted about an hour and then they uploaded fine.

i do my listings on a PC using Edge.  

@fergua3 

Normally from scratch. (I rarely list the same item in the same category when creating new listings). As of late I have been using a combination of sell similar and a template because  these problems arrived. Makes it difficult when you don't know what is actually saving after you hit post to eBay. The chance of an undo to correct these problems done by eBay are slim. Most likely the problem will get diagnosed (eventually) and it will be up to sellers to fix any listing that happened previously.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Tried all the shipping options in many different configs. Even tried turning it all off and only doing local pickup. Sometimes the options would just reset immediately without me doing anything. I could fill in values and they would be ignored. Tried making new listings. Tried making new listings in the app. Tried making new listings in incognito mode. Nothing.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Lotz, i have done sell similar listings where i change literally everything, including the category......so nothing is similar.  I still find it easier than starting from scratch.  If something has been changed by Ebay when you list the item, you can just revise the listing and correct it.  

As i said, i've had very little trouble with the new listing tool (touch wood).  I haven't created a listing since last Saturday, so maybe i'll notice new problems next time i do, who knows.

I will say all the problems i'm reading about are ridiculous for a listing tool that's been out a year now.  Inexcusable.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

jodylang
Community Member
Must wanted to ping back here. I managed to figure out my problem. Apparently eBay decided to make some business policies with the bad data for shipping that it would force my listing to use.

Not great for a new seller that has no idea how these things work.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Yes. I have the only lettermail option glitch. Shipping options disappear after being selected as well. Only happens in app. So I switched to desktop.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

"Well, this is embarrassing.

We're sorry, but the listing tool isn't working right this second.
Please try again later."

Yes, same problem. 

I had this problem before (3 months back I believe), and the same problem again this week, and almost all of my listings showed that same message (as though I was quickly being re-directed).  It's like operating a submarine without sonar, because you can't adjust your prices and such.

Just to add, prior to my not being able to revise my listings, I'd noticed that an unauthorized "Offer sent to buyers" was sent out; I'd received a counter-offer from a buyer.  Absolutely nothing to do with me, as I never sent out any offers.  It seemed as though that the moment that they fixed/corrected the problem about "Offer sent to buyers", that's when I noticed that I could no longer revise most of my listings.  I've been bugging them throughout the week about the "revise" problem that you're getting, and they keep asking me to be patient (no time frame given).  Finally I see that there was a software update, with a new way to revise listings.  Fine.  But why not mention to me in all of that previous messaging back-and-forth, that they were in the process of updating the software?

And guess what, the "Offer sent to buyers" (in gray) has reappeared; again, I never sent out any offers to buyers on any of my items.  Fix one problem, another comes up, and never update the seller.  Ridiculous.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

You got that right-THE NEW LISTING TOOL SUCKS

I offer FREE SHIPPING so when I relist or revise-I click on the Blue Button for it-but when the ad is listed for buyers to see -NOWHERE in the listing-does it show-

ebay has screwed  up again-without having a TRIAL PERIOD

Now I lose buyers because of this-

Fatal Error on their part-THIS IS WHAT IT SHOWS

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@stillyesic 

The problem is that you listed the postcard on the US site, not on .ca. It does have free shipping to the US and no shipping to Canada.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Will you sell me this "walk around to an older form"???  - I'm also using Firefox-I don't think I'll be able to handle anymore ebay changes---its way too much.

frustrated in Canada

Message 20 of 21
latest reply