hey. Can you help me with this confusing thing about my selling limits?

following are two screen shots

here it says I reached my limits for this month

Screenshot from 2018-04-07 16-57-23.png

here it says I have 41 left Active

Screenshot from 2018-04-07 16-59-21.png

Message 1 of 134
latest reply
133 REPLIES 133

Members without a store are allowed 50 free listings per calendar month.  But that is totally separate from your selling or listing limits so if you've reached those limits, it doesn't matter how many free listings you have left.   I don't totally understand how the limits works as I haven't had to deal with them but I do know that they have nothing to do with the number of free listings.

Message 2 of 134
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Members without a store are allowed 50 free listings per calendar month.  But that is totally separate from your selling or listing limits so if you've reached those limits, it doesn't matter how many free listings you have left.   I don't totally understand how the limits works as I haven't had to deal with them but I do know that they have nothing to do with the number of free listings.

if I subscribe for a basic store. Will these limits become higher? and when will I have to pay it? Right there and then or next month? When did you pay your store when you first started?

Message 3 of 134
latest reply

@vintagetonow2134 wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

if I subscribe for a basic store. Will these limits become higher? and when will I have to pay it? Right there and then or next month? When did you pay your store when you first started?

No, having a store with more free listings will not increase selling limits. The best way to increase selling limits is to sell some items. Selling limits will be reviewed each month. Be sure to click on the option to increase selling limits. I think they might increase even if you do not sell because you keep trying to sell.

The purpose of selling limits is to prevent scammers setting up an account with many listings and selling them then not shipping items. This used to happen years ago.

Message 4 of 134
latest reply

Help page on Selling Limits

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Please note that selling limits are counted as items not listings. You can reach your 10 item limit if you list 1 item in each of 10 listings for 10 items or 1 listing with a quantity of 10 items or 2 listings with a quantity of 5 items and so on.

Message 5 of 134
latest reply

I believe that if you list and sell five items, you only have five more listings available if you are working with a New Seller Restriction of 10 listings. Not ten items listed at any given moment.

It's a monthly maximum.

Message 6 of 134
latest reply

As I mentioned earlier this week when you ended your listings to revise and then relist them, it would count toward your selling limits. Sellers are allowed to revise an Active Listing without this happening. As soon the listing ends, whether by sale or  as a result of you closing it prematurely, it counts toward your selling limits. Those limits are in place to protect buyers from careless or unethical sellers, and also to protect you from yourself if you make too many mistakes which prove to be costly. 

Selling limits will increase on their own. There is no way that you as a regular user can fast-track this process, you'd have to be a sister ID for an already-established Anchor+ seller or a Big Box Business in your own right coming to ebay in order for ebay to even think of it. 

Message 7 of 134
latest reply

"As I mentioned earlier this week when you ended your listings to revise and then relist them, it would count toward your selling limits"

Not necessarily. Yesterday I had no more listings. But I ended 2 and now I have room to make another 2 listings. How is that possible if whatever I end counts towards my limit?
Message 8 of 134
latest reply

You get X listings each month or more precisely each 30 days.

I'm not clear how that works out , but if your two ended ones were at or near their 30 day life, then the new ones would be for the next month.

Message 9 of 134
latest reply

I think it's good that eBay has a low selling limit for new sellers, so that they can't burn themselves too horribly. I just looked at what you're selling and I'm already wondering how you're gonna ship this very worn-out toy car for $3... it certainly looks thicker than 2cm to me, though please correct me if I'm wrong. You're gonna lose money on shipping even if you do manage to sell that for $3 item + $3 shipping.

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/2005-Mattel-Inc-C-SN-MFG-for-McD-Corp-White-Color-China-/282914842522?nav=SEAR...
Message 10 of 134
latest reply

Certain slim-profile diecasts like F1 racing prototypes might be less than 2 cm tall if shipped in a bare envelope. Shipping a diecast car in a bare envelope, however, is risky business where axels and windscreens and T-bars are concerned. This one *might* be less than 2 cm tall. Or it might be 2.2 cm tall in which case it will cost $8 to $18 to ship it within Canada. The other two diecasts are a riskier proportion. Given my experience with those particular castings, there’s almost zero chance they’d fit within the confines of domestic lettermail. Of course, I can’t know without doing the measuring. But I’m skeptical they’re suitable for letterpost. I’d certainly double-check.

But, yes, those limits are in place for everyone’s mutual protection. I was so very careful as s seller to always do what I thought was the right thing and I still made many pricey mistakes around postage misssteps.
Message 11 of 134
latest reply

doesn't the cost go by how light the item is? does it go by length and height?
If so I am open to suggestions to revise.
Message 12 of 134
latest reply

what about if shipped in a bubble wrap envelop? and I was thinking about something else last night too. How much would it cost to get a tracking number and how much for a signature and what's the least expensive? do you usually do both tracking and signature?
Message 13 of 134
latest reply

Have you pre-packed any of the items you have listed? This is a necessary step in the listing process. You pack your item in its shipping container, weigh and measure it. Then you add that to the listing for Calculated shipping. Or take the data to the Canada Post website to generate your cost for flat-rate. The answers to your questions are on the Find a Rate section of CPC’s website.

A loose diecast car in a bubble mailer (if packed correctly) stands an 85 per cent chance of arriving safely but it will never fit within the 2 cm requirement for depth on lettermail. Bare envelope? You’re looking at 10 percent chance of success, and if it does reach its destination without being crushed or tearing itself from the envelope, your buyer will not be grateful, they’ll be appalled that they received it packed this way.

It goes back to my first word of advice to you. Buy here before you sell here. You must learn the ropes of online shopping on eBay to master it.
Message 14 of 134
latest reply

I Bought 2 things. One arived. One is on the way. One thing was a yarn paid 4 something tax including and shipping was free. The other think is a flash drive. My yarn was in a bubble envelop that is it. It arrived well
Message 15 of 134
latest reply

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Punch in a few random numbers.

And for postal codes-  K0A 0A6 / V8W 1P6/ 90210

Parcel rates are by weight, dimensions, and destination.

Letter rates are by weight and dimensions.

A bubble envelope is already 1 cm thick. Poly envelopes weigh less than paper envelopes.

If you don't want the carrier to fold it, you need a stiffener which will also weigh something.

I was in Canadian Tire this week and they have StarFrit digital kitchen scales on sale for about $12.

Message 16 of 134
latest reply

Can I weigh my stuff on the weighing thing That I have where I measure my weight? Sounds silly I know but would that work to give me a basic idea or not?
Message 17 of 134
latest reply

Yes, the StarFrit digital kitchen scale would be one of the your most important investment if you want to save time and money with shipping online. And use a ruler or measuring tape to measure your final height x length x width with packing material taken into account.

Instead of wasting time on YouTube videos, go study how to ship and the various shipping costs and services. We're all adults here so you should be responsible for your own learning and research. You have already been given, on multiple threads, links and info on where to read and learn, you need to actually go read them yourself instead of asking people to spoon feed you info. When I look at your listings, there are so many potential area of improvement. The photos are great (though I would use a cleaner background, not one with stains), but the shipping prices (so that you don't lose money selling here) and the item descriptions need a lot of work.
Message 18 of 134
latest reply

You like the photos? Thanks these are actually done with my camera instead of my iphone. And if by stains you mean the black lines on the backgrounds of the cars. Well that's actually marbled table at the coffee shop that I spend my evening and photographying my items.
Message 19 of 134
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
Yes, the StarFrit digital kitchen scale would be one of the your most important investment if you want to save time and money with shipping online. And use a ruler or measuring tape to measure your final height x length x width with packing material taken into account.

Instead of wasting time on YouTube videos, go study how to ship and the various shipping costs and services. We're all adults here so you should be responsible for your own learning and research. You have already been given, on multiple threads, links and info on where to read and learn, you need to actually go read them yourself instead of asking people to spoon feed you info. When I look at your listings, there are so many potential area of improvement. The photos are great (though I would use a cleaner background, not one with stains), but the shipping prices (so that you don't lose money selling here) and the item descriptions need a lot of work.

Image result for scale for weight

would this work? I have one like this that I weigh my weight too.

Message 20 of 134
latest reply