sixbit and eBay.ca

Since Turbolister is going and eBay broke their promises of putting it's features into seller hub I am trying the 6 month free trial of sixbit. So far it is a nightmare! Claims to do  everything I don't need though! But there seems to be no option to just import items that ended today with no sales.

But I import from eBay and try to re-submit as an auction as a test and get errors like invalid price etc.  I think it is because the items are on eBay.cain Canadian dollars. In setup sixbit asks what sites you sell on ie ebay.com, the river etc but no mention of eBay.ca.

I sell on both eBay.ca and eBay.com. How  do you set that up? Someone on another site said you need 2 data bases. If so how do I do that?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

sixbit and eBay.ca

SixBit which I use was not designed to work on multiple eBay sites at the same time. It can be done but it's clunky. I think this is something that you will find with most third-party tools.

Once you are up and running with SixBit you need to use it for pretty much everything* eBay, while I scan the Seller Hub overview page on a regular basis I do everything* via SixBit, there is never a need to import listings from eBay as they will be created and exist in SixBit.

* "everything", there are a few functions that still need to be done through eBay, primarily the Resolution Centre stuff.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

That was my #1 question too since I'm in the same boat and I haven't seen any threads about that here. I haven't started the switchover yet but the clock is ticking. Hopefully someone on this forum has done and it and lived to tell the tale! 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

Yes I had to make a second database. Now they import but I get errors when I try to submit even though they work fine with turbolister.

Also support confirmed there is no way to import just ended items that did not sell today. Such a simple, important and useful feature that was in TL is absent in sixbit.

Plus in order to use it on 2 computers you have to set one up as a client of the other. So I can't take the laptop with me somewhere and do some work while my wife has the other computer at home. WithTL I  could have it any any number of computers. Just lovely...thanks for the great support eBay!

Sixbit alleges to do many things I do not need but omits basic functions.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

"SixBit which I use was not designed to work on multiple eBay sites at the same time. It can be done but it's clunky."

EXTREMELY CLUNKY!

"there is never a need to import listings from eBay as they will be created and exist in SixBIT."

I have such a need right now. Because of the 50k listing offer I have about 10k of items up on eBay. Many belong to other family members and I only wanted to import 500 items that ended. Sixbit wants to import the whole 10k. I don't want 10k of unsorted items in sixbit.

Also between myself, my wife and and two other family members we have 8 eBay  accounts which would requite a very expensive subscription after 6 months.

I will likely keep selling what I have up but gradually withdraw from here once TL is gone. I have already started to migrate listings to elsewhere.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

I finally signed up with WonderLister. They give you 14 days free trial, not nearly enough time to learn their system, but it does seem to do everything that Turbo Lister does (or did). Support is by email, if you are lucky you get your question answered by a knowledgable CS. Teaching Utube videos are okay but sound not very good at all. Forget the boards, probably only a few use them, nothing much gets answered.

I’m finding it hard to navigate after using TL for so long. Too bad it wasn’t set up to mirror TL. I just tried setting up my User Folders and somehow messed up everything and can’t figure out how to return to what I had before and no live person to call and ask for help! 

Anyway, you might want to try WL. I’m pretty sure you can import just the items you want. At $5 a month I’m determined to make the application work!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

I'd need the $100 U.S. one...that will not happen! The $5 one allows only one account, 500  listings and a single eBay site.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

any alternatives to TL, are either cost prohibitive or don't have the same capabilities. A huge problem...sellers will have to adapt to whatever replacement lister works best for them and/or build that into the cost for selling on eBay...

For myself, Seller Hub will suffice for the remainder of my time here on eBay as I'll be making my exit when MP calls my name...

My other selling venue is doing well enough to not need eBay anymore -   and the $175-$200/year from those few & far between eBay sales will not be missed that much, nor will all the hassles of selling on eBay be missed...

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

@widgetc wrote:

I'd need the $100 U.S. one...that will not happen! The $5 one allows only one account, 500  listings and a single eBay site.

I really need the $25 one but not going to happen. I do have 2 accounts but for $5 I can only have one account and sell on one site. I’ll just have to manage the  non-store account using the Hub. I would definitely pay the $25 if eBay showed my items like they used to. Sales have dropped way off lately, although they were back to near normal the last 3 months.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

So far I don't like it at all. 

It is expensive if you have multiple accounts.

It lacks the simple function of importing only unsold items that ended in the  last 24 hours.

It does many unwanted functions (so you pay for) many features I have no need of.

You have to have one computer serve another to use it on 2 computers, very inconvenient!

I could have TL on several computers.

There is a bug in the eBay.ca shipping in sixbit so I can't use economy shipping as an option even though that works fine in TL.  Economy shipping gives a longer expected delivery time as eBay's estimates are not realistic. I don't want to increase handling time as that makes me look like my service level is poor.

I am not impressed.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

@widgetc 

Here is a couple of link for other possible solutions. 

https://www.webretailer.com/reviews/category/ebay-selling/?category=6249#inthiscategory

https://www.webretailer.com/reviews/category/ebay-selling/

Auctiva is a good one with lots of features. Free one month trial to test. A bit pricey for 1000 listings per month. The repeating dilema always comes back to updating your shipping options.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

None of those work at all.

We have 4 family members that sell on 8 accounts and need to be able to work off line on multiple computers and move items from account to account to take advantage of listing specials.

Many are inexpensive items and because of the current special I have 10k listings up. Stamp items generally have a low sell through rate so cost matters a lot.

I have transferred a lot of stuff elsewhere and will likely slowly withdraw from here due to TL's demise and eBay's broken promises to incorporate it's features into seller hub.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

@widgetc 

Turbo lister worked fine for me until it stopped working. I used Auctiva for a short time. Just got to be too expensive of a bang for one's buck especially the fact that all these add ons are in US funds. This concept of continuously taking away free features that worked fine and replacing them with subscription services is extremely frustrating. And then to say the features you/and others relied (In Turbolister) are integrated into Seller's Hub, when in truth they are not, is major hokum. Like dangling carrots in the announcements that never happen or do but only show up on dot com with either a mega delayed/stripped down version in dot ca. So much for keeping the playing field somewhat even!!! These are the frustrations that the powers that be seem entirely oblivious to.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

I'm just starting to set up Sixbit and it's asking me what region I want. Based on your experience with this does it make any difference which region I start with? I have a more or less 50/50 mix of listings on both .COM and .CA right now, and like you I don't want to import thousands of unsorted items, I'd rather import them in an orderly manner from Turbo Lister, and I know how to convert them from .COM to .CA and vice versa in TL if needed. I'm not sure how much more I'm going to list this month and if I'm still going to list on both once the Managed Payments and new free listings kick in. Having two databases sounds like a headache and maybe I can start sticking to one site only if I I have enough free listings to include all my listings in my store subscription level.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

You can tart with either database and add the 2nd later. |It i a pain tough because I might have  a  tamp item on  either .ca or .com and can only search one database at a time. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

Yeah that was exactly my concern too, I always had separate databases by item type but not by region, and it would be ridiculous to have to maintain a duplicate database just for that. I'm hesitant to do too much setting up and reorganizing right now because things are so in limbo with Managed Payments and the new free listings for stores. Like maybe depending how it plays out I'll only list on one site after this. Or keep using Turbo Lister to organize inventory and just export to SixBit as needed.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

sixbit and eBay.ca

"Or keep using Turbo Lister to organize inventory and just export to SixBit as needed."
That is glitchy. Sometimes it works fine and other times the pictures are not included in the import.
I now have 10 k listings (usually have 1k on .ca and 1k on com) . I will need to end 8k of them and put them back up before the end of the month as some will renew with charges beginning in early August. Then I will have to end the 8k by before the end of August. Life would be easier if we had the increased in listings right away.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply